• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

Well I know I've lost more as the steering wheel of the car is further away from my stomach :p

Just found your thread Jax and it's great to read up on what's its been like post op! Hope your wounds are healing nicely!x

Seems I am now allergic to the antibiotic for the Celulitis on my tummy....have had an awful night...my skin felt like it was on fire and itching so badly that all I could do was cry....felt really sorry for myself at 2am.

I really don't want to go to A & E....my sister is insisting I should go but, I don't have a temperature, so will hang on till I see doctor tomorrow.
Means I can't take anymore of the antibiotic....its caused a seperate, very angry, rash around my neck and chest.
Have made a bicorbate of soda paste and applied it to the rash and it's calmed it a bit .

Feel rotten today......anyone know any funny jokes?? In desperate need of a reason to laugh :(

Jax I'm so sorry to hear you have had a rough night! Is there a walk in centre you could go to as opposed to a&e? I can understand not wanting to go there it's always carnage especially on weekends! Walk in centre might be a better bet though if there are anywhere near by, they might be able to help with the wounds?

Sadly I don't know any jokes....other than sitting here and pulling funny faces at the screen this is as funny as I can get!

Nx

Jax I'm so sorry to hear you have had a rough night! Is there a walk in centre you could go to as opposed to a&e? I can understand not wanting to go there it's always carnage especially on weekends! Walk in centre might be a better bet though if there are anywhere near by, they might be able to help with the wounds?

Sadly I don't know any jokes....other than sitting here and pulling funny faces at the screen this is as funny as I can get!

Nx

Thanks Natstar...
Will wait to see GP tomorrow morning...just too tired to want to move!

My wounds are OK....its my neck thats got an awful rash...tried everything, took an antihistamine but, its still raised.
No high temperature so, just going to take it easy and hope it settles down in the next couple of hours.

Hope this doesn't put you off !!
It's just bad luck that I have ended with cellulitis around wounds....most people on here sail through there surgery and post-op !!

Nothing is putting me off at the moment Jax! I'm raring to go....going to call the dr in the morning and let him know my decision and hope they can then schedule me in and I'll take it from there!xx

Well, still have a rash but, wounds are looking much better....still red but, not raised and itchy .
Just have to ride this rash out...it has spread all over my sides and lower tummy but, my neck is 80% recovered.

Trying to get as much protein down as possible and trying to keep a check on fluids....managing OK with pureed foods , though only managing tiny amounts before I get that awful full feeling. Not that I am complaining !

I even have a treat every day...a chocolate mousse...heavenly!
Weight is coming off and now am in 18's...how mad is that ! I was 20.10 four weeks ago, when weighed at pre-op assessment.
This morning I am 18.13 ! :)

Ooops.....just back from Boots and the weighing scales there have me at 19.3 !! They were very wobbly...so somewhere between 18.13 and 19.3 is where my weight is at the moment?

Will know for sure what losses I have acheived when returning to Mr.Patel's office on 11th May !!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're on the mend.

The weight loss is great, wish I knew how i was doing :(

Yes, definitely on the mend....it's all a learning curve, isn't it? Trying to work out what else I can make to put little pots in the freezer?
Getting a bit bored with my fish pies and shepherds pies.!

So far I've only had Cauliflower cheese and scrambled eggs.

off puree today due to having to drive to London tomorrow, and can't afford any issues!

Great news, glad to hear you are on te mend!

Re the purée food have you had a look at baby food recipes. My friend gave birth last year and makes all her little girls food herself from recipes she finds and he freezes into I've cube trays, she then knows exactly how much she has eaten and was ratio ie 1 cube of something is protein an she needs 2 if the veg. She then let's it defrost throughout the morning before heating it up for her. At first I thought she was crazy but when I think about it it is a great idea and also could work really well for us in our wls post op diets to begin with!

Just a thought xxx

Great news, glad to hear you are on te mend!

Re the purée food have you had a look at baby food recipes. My friend gave birth last year and makes all her little girls food herself from recipes she finds and he freezes into I've cube trays, she then knows exactly how much she has eaten and was ratio ie 1 cube of something is protein an she needs 2 if the veg. She then let's it defrost throughout the morning before heating it up for her. At first I thought she was crazy but when I think about it it is a great idea and also could work really well for us in our wls post op diets to begin with!

Just a thought xxx

Great idea, I do use ice-cube trays for gravy....so I just re-heat a bit at a time to go over shepherds pies.
Will have a look today for more recipes. x

Cannot believe I had my surgery 4 weeks ago today...it seems to have flown by.
It didn't the first few days, was wishing to be able to go onto pureed foods all the time...but, only because I couldn't get a glass of milk down in less than 30 minutes or more !

Am fluctuating with weight at the moment but, am not bothered that much. The same 4lbs comes off and goes on repeatedly...can't say I am overly concerned as I know I rarely eat more than 800cals...even if I manage that amount?

It will all settle down . Trousers too big already and I can see the difference when I look in the mirror....happy days !!!

Eek so exiting re your trousers! 4 weeks has flown by!

Well, another week has passed and I seem to be losing weight again, after a brief stall of a week or so...mind you, my scales change their mind a fair bit !
This morning they said I was 18.8.....hope they aren't teasing me !
People are noticing my weightloss already, which is nice.

Still have pain from the front right wound and the pain radiates right round to my back...very annoying when trying to sleep!

Am seeing Mr.Patel next Friday, then I will be signed back over to my original team at Guys and St.Thomas' for further support.

Am settling into a routine now and learning each day. I do have little niggles of hunger....but, just a hint, nothing more. That may just be 'head hunger' as not used to being at home through the day and have a very busy job but, not back to work for another 2 weeks.....so sitting around all day is totally alien to me...the boredom is mind numbing but, haven't been feeling strong enough to do much.

Had the weather been better, I had planned to go for long-ish walks every day but, ended up on very short walks with my bemused dog !!

Am feeling stronger now... a few insignificant little niggles but, am so happy with my sleeve. I am looking forward to the summer and planning all sorts of sporty activities for myself....soooo excited to be able to do things I haven't been able to do for a good couple of years...silly things like bend over to pick the post up from the floor....reach my toes to paint my nails....need more bath water to fill the tub than before, too !!!

Happy? I should say so !! :)

Amazing new Jax!!!!!! So pleased for you!

How are you finding eating/drinking and being at work? My op is 2 weeks on Monday eek I cannot wait xxx

Fantastic. Well done. From one sleeve to another.

Glad you're doing well, so wish I could find some where to get weighed :(

I am a bit envious of you I don't get to see Mr Patel until the 18th for some reason...

Back