• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Operation 10am 2moro!!!

Hi all,

Well I'm sat here in hospital, wrist band on, medications wrote up by doctor, husband and daughter have gone and I'm frightened. Am I doing the right thing. I know I wouldn't loose all my weight without it but I'm still asking myself am I doing the right thing.

The nurse has just been to see me about a few things then she said "oh and you'll be in the high dependency unit when you get back from surgery" does everyone go there?

My little girl (whose only 5) cried when she left me, she asked if she could have a picture of me until I get home. Bless my little girl. I feel guilty putting her thru this.

I need words of wisdom please. Can anyone help?

X x x x x

well done hun on getting this far! big hugs. I know it's hard being away from family in a strange place, but it will all be good. just think of that little black dress (or other wardrobe item) that you will soon be able to get into, and the games you will be able to play wit your little one without worrying about being out of breathe. again big hug and take a deep breath. let us know how you are when you can after your op. xxx

I haven't had my op yet and can only imagine how you feel. Just think 6 months down the line it will be all worth it. your daughter is still very young and they take it all in their stride. She's gonna love her new energetic healthy mummy. thinking about you chic.....it's gonna all be worth it x

Hi Claire, so glad that your wls is to go ahead in the morning. Awww bless your little girl its so hard isnt it.
Ill be thinking of you and wish you lots of luck. xxx

Hi hun best wishes from Liverpool!HD unit is perfectly normal,they make sure you recover well and check for leaks etc.As soon as they are happy with you, you go to a ward or your own room.My surgeon said if its going to leak it will do so in the first 48hrs after that it should be healing fine.Dont worry you will soon be hugging your little girl and wondering what all the fuss was.See you on the losers bench next week.Maz x

your going to be just fine sweets, good luck and i wish you all the best xxx

If I never see a yogurt or pint of milk again it will be too soon :0)

I just want it over now. Just wanna get in bed n go to sleep. I'll be fine I'm just flapping. X x x

Claire you will be fine....its natural to have a wobble we all do but think how much healthier you will be post-op! They wont keep you in HDU long, they will maybe just moniter you for a few hours and if you are doing really well you might not have to go there atall (HUG) XX

sweet dreams for tonight mate....you're in good hands. It's the start of something quite special (so i'm told) x

Good luck hun. you'll be fine. I had the same guilt with my children and 1 of them asked me not to have it done and i felt guilty and awful. Just remember though you are doing this for your little girl, she'll have a healthy mum who can run around with, and she'll have u for a lot longer. You'll look back on this day and think what was all the fuss about and it will be the best thing that you have done. Good luck again sweetie xxx

Hi there,

After reading your post,my memories came flooding back....I was crying on the operation table wondering if I was doing the right thing.
My children are very young so I felt even worse!
But honey..your doing the best thing you can ever do for yourself,I have no regrets at all...best thing I've ever ever done xx
Good luck

Hi Claire, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal, it is just last minute nerves. My kids came with me to the hospital as well and then were there when I came round, mind you they got a bit of a fright!! It will be so worth it in the end when you can run about after your little girl, or take her swimming, shop in any place you like. The list is endless. Try sleep well tonight as your new life starts tomorrow.

Keep us posted, and good luck, not that you will need it.
x

Good luck sweets! you'll be fine! speedy recovery :)
xxx

Aw bless Claire, course your worried, I will be when its my turn. I too have a 5 year old (son though) and I cant wait to be able to do loads with him. Sleep well hun, speedy recovery xx

It never fails to amaze me just how kind you all are. Everyone takes time to share their story and there best wishes.

I will keep you informed on how I go 2moro. If logging on it's not easy 2moro I will text andrea (sugga) and she will fill you in.

If anyone else has their story to share please do I need all the calming u can get.

I look like I've come 2nd in a face & neck slapping contest as I'm so red (it's nerves) and my bp is soaring (but nurse said that's to be expected).

Xxxxx

You wouldn't be normal if you didn't have a last minute wobble. Just keep reminding yourself of why you have decided to go down this route. It's not just for yourself but for your child.

All the best and chin up,

Von

Whenever I had a wobble I used to close my eyes and picture myself in really beautiful clothes in a size 14 and imagine me abroad in Spain not uncomfotably hot and looking and feeling good :D Try and get your mind to another place or time when you are slimmer and happier and healthier :D You can do this hun XX

Back