• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Operation 10am 2moro!!!

Oh Claire im so nervous for you..what are we like lol.

Try and get some sleep tonight, though it will be hard.
You will be coming out as im going in lol...or i hope i shall be going in ha...roll on tomorrow for you chuck. xxxx

Good luck Claire and try to get some sleep. I'm sure everything will be fine. I've been told I'll be in the HDU first after the op too, but it's just so they can keep a close eye on us for the first hours after the op. In fact it will probably be quieter and more relaxing for you than being on a busy ward. You'll probably just sleep through it.
Just think, this time next year you'll be a healthy weight and full of energy and able to run around after your daughter and enjoy her so much more.
Sleep well xxx

Collywobbles are normal.

I couldn't wait for it to come round - and due to mine being a different op and needing my bowels clearing I didn't get chance to think too much!! Did have a nice defined path to the loo though.

Keep positive - and think of all the new clothes and seeing that lovely little girl of yours - running round with her and all those hugs!!

HDU is normal - and leak checks are usual too - sometimes done in theatre though

You'll be fine and a loser before you know it

Love and hugs

xxxx

Thinking of you tonight and hoping you sleep well so that your journey can start. I cancelled one op and it was the worse decision I made so stick with it. Phatmomma told me 'Its a roller coaster ride. Just close your eyes and hold on' it has stayed with me ever since
Soon be over and you will be back with your little girl
Good luck to you
JO XX

My Op is not until end of April, but every time I think about it I get real butterflies, so I am sure the night before I will be struggling.

Try and focus on why you want the surgery done, picture yourself in some glam clothing, and think about how much your daughter will gain when you are slimmer and fitter.

Try and get a good nights sleep. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

good luck hun - let us know how you get on! everyones budgin up for you allready on that loosers bench! xxxx

Hi,
ive just been given my official op date and i thought that was daunting! after waiting 2 years you would think i would be prepared for it.. i cant relate to how ur feeling but hope ur feeling good and optimistic!!
just a quick question if u dont mind, do u have to be the same weight as you where at the last consultation when you go in for your op? if youve gained weight does it matter? thanks x

Good luck hun, your be absolutely fine xxx

kerrymarie said:
Hi,
ive just been given my official op date and i thought that was daunting! after waiting 2 years you would think i would be prepared for it.. i cant relate to how ur feeling but hope ur feeling good and optimistic!!
just a quick question if u dont mind, do u have to be the same weight as you where at the last consultation when you go in for your op? if youve gained weight does it matter? thanks x

Hi Kerry

All pct's are different when it comes to weight before surgery. I'm sure you will loose weight on your pre op diet anyway. I was ill the week before my pre op diet so in the last 2 weeks I've lost 22 pound so I feel better about surgery now, physically ready, I just wish mentally I'd catch up,

Post a thread with your pct's details and someone may be under the same one and help you. Good luck.

X x x x x

My little boy was 7 when I had my surgery. I just told him I was having an operation on my tummy and it was nothing scary and he was fine. He came to see me the day after and was more interested in new clothes his Nan had got him than anything else! Now, he doesn't realise that I was fat, but appreciates that I can take him swimming and do more with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

wishing you lots of luck

Good luck for tomorrow and dont doubt that you are doing the right thing. I have met loads of post ops people and not one of them have regretted their op.

Your new life starts tomorrow and this forum will be here to support you through. Sleep tight and dont worry about anything as you will be fine and before you know if you will be running around with your five year old and having fun

sleep tight.....a new day tommorrow, but definitely a good one x

Morning all,

Thank you again for all your lovely post. They all made me smile and made me realise I'm not alone

The anethetist has just been to see me (why do they have to tell you things like mortality rates) it's like saying if you cross that road there's gonna be all you wver dreamt of at the other side however there's a chance a bus will plough you down!! Sort of dampens the excitement somewhat lol

Anyway..... I'm off to have a shower so I smell nice for everyone in theatre :0)

I'll post later and tell you all about it.

Much love thanks and appreciation to you all. You are all amazing.

X x x x x x x

Back