• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Patient Seminar

Mrs Z

Well, after years and years of losing and regaining I've finally admitted that I'm going to have to go down the surgery route.

Patient Seminar appointment letter came today for 11th December. I'm not sure if I should be excited or scared stiff.

How many people will be there?

Please tell me there isnt the queue of shame in front of everyone to get weighed!

So many questions.........

Sorry can't help as went private and didn't attend any seminars but I'm pretty sure it won't be humiliating - just make sure you're well prepared with questions. I'm sure there will be plenty of help to your question from others who've been to seminars. Good luck x

I was done in Sunderland seminar was mostly info was interesting and explained steps got weighed and measured no shame at all quite a lot of people there but all in the same boat so fine I went on my own but it was friendly you will be fine

Looking through other posts it seems the North East, in particular NTGH, is the quickest too.

i had birmingham seminar was me and 2 others was just all about what options there was for surgery after care etc etc was weighed in a room by just a nurse along with blood pressure usual obs

I know everyone will be there for the same reason but I just feel like I'm the "only fat person in the world" and I hate it.

Hey Mrs Z, I recently attended a seminar in sheffield, there was a lot more people there than I thought there would be!! No getting weighed or anything! Went in, got asked to fill in a form (if not had one In the post before) then sit listening to all info from nurse and dietician and then a first hand experience from another person who has already had one of the operations. Then when all is finished, i spoke to the nurse or dietician to tell them I still wanted to go ahead, and to find out if I fitted the criteria. Thank fully I do!! Then just got told I'd receive a letter arranging an appointment to meet with the surgeon to discus my options. Hope that helps :)

Also, good luck on your journey!!

Kirsty

Hi

Yes, thanks. It all helps. I just feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment and not sure what I'm supposed to already know and what I should wait for them to tell me about.

Hi Yes, thanks. It all helps. I just feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment and not sure what I'm supposed to already know and what I should wait for them to tell me about.

I did a lot of research about the band and bypass - didn't know about the sleeve.. The research is the only info I had tbh, I'd asked a few times in here about the seminar, and other things but everyone's experiences are different. But they tell you about the risk, the diet side of it, things like that :)

Kirsty

Looking on here, the surgeon I'm under seems to favour the bypass. Let's see what they say when I see them.

I'm looking forward to getting 'started'. Sounds really strange but I am.

Looking on here, the surgeon I'm under seems to favour the bypass. Let's see what they say when I see them. I'm looking forward to getting 'started'. Sounds really strange but I am.

I understand that feeling! I couldn't wait for the seminar, just to get the ball rolling. I'm very ready for this now :)

Kirsty

Back