• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleever Feb 2014

I have opted for a sleeve too and hoping to have had it done by April 2014.. I was first referred in 2011, but was refused but I didn't mind as I wasn't ready then anyway. Then had 3-4 months on weight management and was referred for wls by the team at weigh ahead. I was referred in august 2013, I have been to the seminar, and met with my surgeons secretary, who has confirmed k am on the waiting list for the sleeve. I have my pre op on the 16th jan 14 and then hoping the op will be soon after!!

Good luck on your journey!

Kirsty

I haven't been told about a pre op, but everybody on here mentions it. I have just been instructed to attend the education day on 6th Jan, then the op on 5th Feb…will I need an appointment in between do you think? I'm confused! X

hi I got my pre op appointment had my education on the 2nd dec see consultant again on 10th jan then pre op on 29th jan go in hospital on 12 feb having gastrix bypass on 13th feb I am sure you will get another appointment for yr pre op soon

Hi,

I've had a very similar experience. Was referred to a dietitian in May and have had 2 appointments with him since. On the 2nd appointment he referred me onto the surgeon who I saw a week ago. As far as I know I've been put on the surgical waiting list and am just waiting to hear my op date! Hope its sooner rather than later!

Thanks Wenny, that's put my mind at rest. Maybe they'll sort it out at the Education Day. I can't believe that as of yesterday my op is 6 weeks away…oh my giddy aunt. I'm going on an uber strict diet as of Jan 1st, then will be the milk diet and before you know it..BOOM, my life will change forever and I'm so excited! x

Hi everyone I have been maintaining over Xmas which is really hard... But 1st of jan me too back to the gym and super strict with food and hope to shift a chunk for my appointment on the 22nd of Jan. 2014 is gonna be a hard but rewarding year. Good luck to all you feb oppers xxx

Well done for maintaining over xmas, I'm still away at the moment but absolutely positive I will have put on. I need to lose 5kg from my weight that I was at my last appointment which was 22st5 or 143kg…so as of 1st Jan it's mega diet followed by milk diet and I'm even treating myself (some may disagree lol) to a colonic. My friend does them (although she isn't doing mine) but can't stop banging on about how amazing it'll be for me just before the op to make it a real 'fresh start'. I agree…and I'm going to book it in for just before the milk diet! Any thoughts anyone? X

A colonic hey? Iv never really thought about it but I guess it can only be positive. I need to lose around 5kg too I was 155.1 at my last appointment in September and I've really only maintained that whole time... And that's with going to the gym 3/4 times a week. But it shows me how much I NEED this. What op are you having Slimpip and where are you? X

I'm the same as you badger, maintaining after a small loss.. Though I did put on 2lb since nov (last weigh in was 20thdec and yet to weigh myself after Xmas)

the idea of colonic to me isn't very nice, never had one, never wanted one!

Kirsty

Oh for sure!! We clearly both need it. I'm in Hereford, having my op (sleeve) in Shrewsbury. How about you? X

I'm in mansfield nottinghamshire and having my sleeve at Derby Royal...iv enjoyed a few treats and my sister was sure to get me my favourites as prezzies for me for 1 last time, the difference is this time I am sharing them with everyone... That wouldn't of happened 12 months ago haha. I think I've had one last meal syndrome for about 3 months now .
Nice to know I'm not alone xx

God no you're not alone in that. I thought that after my hospital appointment I'd be really focused but NO! Well that's not true, I have been focused...on eating whatever I want before its too late. I know that's daft because it's likely I'll still be able to eat chinese food or whatever, just tiny quantities of it. But it's just not the same is it? Lol x

God no you're not alone in that. I thought that after my hospital appointment I'd be really focused but NO! Well that's not true, I have been focused...on eating whatever I want before its too late. I know that's daft because it's likely I'll still be able to eat chinese food or whatever, just tiny quantities of it. But it's just not the same is it? Lol x

This is what I've done! I said I'd be back on proper healthy eating and gym as soon as I knew I had funding. I'm still going to the gym but not so much healthy food!!

Kirsty

hi same as you I start my weightloss 1st jan its been so hard put half stone on got to get this of before I see the consultant on 10th jan so stressed about it cos I still carnt get my head round which op to go for sleeve or bypass biggest decision of my life how did u make yr mind up we are only a week between our op dates x

Wenny that's amazing that we're so close and similar circumstances. I had a choice but in my mind there was no choice, it was always a sleeve for me. I don't want to be worrying about malnutrition for the rest of my life and for me personally I didn't like the idea of not having a stomach?! Also, that dumping malarkey sounds nasty! I am looking forward to 1 month of mega healthy eating after so much rich food over xmas xx

And to you Badger! All the best love x

Kirsty

Indeed. Let's make 2014 count x

Are we all starting New Year's Day ??? I am even tho il have to cook a roast for 10 but sure it will be good practice... I plan to do low carb low fat and hit the gym.... Fingers crossed il shift some for the 22nd. I am rather excited finally the light can be seen.... Cannot wait to get my Date

Yes well I def am. I am going out for a meal for my birthday 2 weeks yesterday but apart from that I will just be doing small portions of low cal...it's so short term, no pain no gain. I guess I'll starting my pre op milk diet on 22nd Jan so really it's only 3 weeks xx

Back