• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet starts today Op in 2 weeks.

Well with luck they will once I am in and we have had the Long Tutor Meeting as I only one class and lunch duty after that, Have a few last bits to do to clear the decks before I go and then I can escape for 3 weeks with a clear conscience. Yay.

From your screen to his ears I hope all being well they are gobsmacked at work that I could be home by thurday or friday and cringe when I say it is only keyhole rather than slice and dice surgery. I suppose I shouldn't be so irreverent but having had a hysterectomy at 38 through full surgery this could be a doddle (famous last words hehe).
Your on lets see who hits their target first if only to spur ourselves on rather than in one up man ship, there is only a slight difference in the overall weight we both still need to loose.

Last full day at work and pre-op this time tomorrow I will have had to have finished any breakfast I can manage to get down ready to just have only water for the next few hours after that. I really can hardly wait now and despite mums reassurance I can change my mind right up to when they knock me out I have come this far and am not turingin back now. By tomorrow night the new me will be on the losers bench and fully intend to stay there forever.

Penelope,

I have been popping in and out reading your daily diary to keep up to keep up to date with what is going on with you and how you are coping, fairly well it seems!! I hope all goes well on Tuesday and hope to hear from you as soon as possible after surgery. I will log on tomorrow to wish you wish you well. Have a good last day at work for 3 weeks and enjoy watching the real you emerge from the crysalis. Well done so far. x

hi love really weird but im quite emotional for you today,i guess its because i know i should av been having my op tomorrow,and have followed your posts for a while , just really want you to know that although im a stranger , i really am wishing you all the best and know how this is going to change your life ,im nervous and excited for you ,but mostly so very very happy that you are getting this chance to change your life and health for the better ,so , be strong, look after yourself and take it easy,no rushing around before your ready ,you deserve this op,and i for one will be watching and waiting to hear your all done and on the losers bench , be lucky love xx

Many thanks Starr, you're making me blush. I will be back on here ASAP to let you all know how it's gone. I hope you get you new date ASAP and will keep the losers bench warm for you. Until then keep your chin up and enjoy that lovely granddaughter of your while she's tiny, find a beautiful frock for your sons wedding. As for being a stranger you and the folks on here probably know more of my inner thoughts and turmoils than my family who don't know it all as they would just be upset and unable to give the advice I have got on here and me accept it as you all know exactly what the emotions are as well as the problems. Thank each and every one of you for your support so far it is much appreciated.

Thanks @mightyminx49, I shall make the most of the extra 3 wks break plus the 6 wk summer break. Thanks for the good wishes will be back ASAP to let you know how it all went.

Well my Buddy up the A350, The day has almost finally arrived, I am very happy and excited for you. Tomorrow is a big day for you, your family and your friends, it' s like being reborn and starting again. I will be going to the support group meeting tonight, shame you are not able to make it, but you have more important things to do andget yourself precious time to spend with your loved ones.

So I just want to let you know I will be thinking of you, and normal service will resumed as soon as you are able to sort yourself out and get out of the hospital. I will pray for you tonight, because that is what my friends did for me and look at me now LOL!! (or rather don't!!) Be Strong, be brave and try not to worry cos we are all on your side, prayers for your family too as they begin to support you in person and await news of the op. I would think you will go down at 1.30 as it will take a couple of hours or so to complete the op and then they will send you into recovery before going on Ward 17. When you get the Sandbourne Suite ask them if Mandy is available to see you through to the op, she was worth her weight in Gold!

So My Friend, Take care, Good Luck, Best wishes and a big Hug from your favourite spelling mistake!! See you on the other side, the seat on the losers bench is already warming up!! God Bless, Bob xx

Mrs Smith and Bob thank you both so much for your good wishes they are much appreciated.
Bob I promise I will get to a meeting asap hopefully we will get a new second car soon and I can have my independant freedom back but there is no climbing during the summer holidays so I may just manage to steal the car then. Are other halves welcome to if so it may do my other half some good to come and see how other other halves cope with us post-op. Thank you for the prayers they are much appreciated although I dont go to church beyond the hatch, match and dispatch services and christmas I do believe in God and have a strong faith in his plan for each of us and pray and thank him in my own way without having to go to a specific house of worship to do so. His around us all the time so I feel I can believe and offer my praise and thanks anywhere, (I hope that doesn't offend you as I respect your strong belief and the way you choose to worship him).
I will try to remember to ask for Mandy and will be back on here as soon as I am able to string 2 thoughts together with a degree of common sense and coherence to let you know how it all went. Looking forward to that warmed seat on the bench see you there asap. Happy 4 week surgiversary enjoy those soft foods this week.

Well todays the day. Had my cuppa, prune juice and now working my way through the mornings milk. Letter from the hospital said light breakfast of cereal or toast but not sure it isn't a generic pre-op sheet rather than specifically for bariatric patients so sticking to the milk diet just having a pint rather than 2 halves spread out between now and 9am as have to stop eating by 7am, and then only water until 11am before I stop til post-op. Feeling fine and ready to go now just want it all done and finished ready to start the new stage and the journey to the thinner me.

YIPPEE, good luck today Penelope, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I look foward to seeing you back in here ASAP :D x

Hi again Penny, would be good to see you, the next meeting is monday august 1st. You are welcome to prayer anytime, no matter where your faith is at, as a friend you will always be welcome to my prayers. Certainly not offended by anything, and each one of is free to make our own choices on how we worship or not worship. I just combine my two loves and beliefs together, Music and God. I hope I am not too "in your Face" with it, but that is me and I have lot to be thankful for, My Life, my family and damn good friends. Your other half would be most welcome, there is only one other lady who comes with her husband, but your hubby would benefit I am sure from just listening to the experiences that everyone shares and the freedom to ask any questions he feels he may want answers to. They are very open and honest and leave no stone unturned. If you are around it would be kool to see you both. Starts at 7pm by the way. So once again, chin up smile get in there and get done and get home!! Please send my regards to Richard Byrom as he seems to do all the leg work while Nick Davies does all the cut n shut stuff. Don't forget to ask for Mandy to look after you, she is a diamond and tell her I said so!! God Bless!! (ooops there I go again! hehehe!! )

Will do Bob and no you are never in my face with your beliefs, it is nice you are content and feel able to express your faith easily. See you soon.

Good Morning Penny :D WOW!!!! You're all done am so so glad I am all emotional, brilliant news. Now sitting on the losers bench with a huge well deserved grin on your face. Take it easy and speedy recovering hun x :)

Back