• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Hey gang.

I disappeared for a while as there was some uncertainty as to my op date but I have booked for 28th September. I can't quite believe it's happening. Started reducing my food intake. My pre-op starts on Saturday. I'm using Weight to Go surgery package as it seemed the no brainer option. Feeling slightly nervous but now I have to get my head in the game now.

Good luck!

Went in for my surgery at 07:30 this morning and after 4hours they came and told me there were no beds so my surgery had been cancelled. Got a new date 22/10/14 so hopefully I will become an October surgery girl!

Oh no!!! So sorry your surgery was cancelled!! That was one of my big fears too!! Hope you feel ok.. And still focused and determined.

I'm getting closer and closer. Can't wait.

How are you today?

It must be getting more and mote exciting! Maybe Starting to feel a bit impatient? :)

Myself on the other hand am having one of those 'what have i done' mornings. I am sure its just due to the lack of sleep tonight and i am sure i dont get enough fluids in.. Afterall i went from 3/3.5l of water on preop diet to just a few mugs a day..

Just cant get comfortable. But i keep reminding myself its not even a week yet!!! I am feeling very well thinking what was done to my body.. And i just need more time.

Oh No so sorry, October will be here before you no it. I always think there is a reason for everything happening. keep your chin up.

Good luck to you started my LSD today ,and I'm having a Macmillan charity tea party with loads cakes Saturday no cake for me,
My op is three days before yours.
Nice to chat to some one in the same boat,

Good luck to you started my LSD today ,and I'm having a Macmillan charity tea party with loads cakes Saturday no cake for me,
My op is three days before yours.
Nice to chat to some one in the same boat,

Good luck with your diet :) and i am sure you will be strong and resist the cake during your tea party :) :)

Monday 15th Sept. Packing my bag tomorrow !!!!
It's getting to feel like it's actually going to happen now :)
Good Luck all of you September WLS-ers

Monday 15th Sept. Packing my bag tomorrow !!!! It's getting to feel like it's actually going to happen now :) Good Luck all of you September WLS-ers

Are you early on the surgery list? I'm in at 7am on Monday. Think I will be ok until I'm actually sat in the (attractive and roomy) hospital gown.

Yah I'm coming home from hospital today, feeling a bit nervous but excited to spend time with my family and sleep in my own bed x

Yah I'm coming home from hospital today, feeling a bit nervous but excited to spend time with my family and sleep in my own bed x

Hope you will feel even better once you settle down at home ;)

Hope you are feeling ok and having a speedy recovery ;)

Went in for my surgery at 07:30 this morning and after 4hours they came and told me there were no beds so my surgery had been cancelled. Got a new date 22/10/14 so hopefully I will become an October surgery girl!
I was due my surgery today and they cancelled it. I am now down for next Friday, 19 September. Was absolutely gutted. Done two weeks on lsd but got to do another week now. Lost 12 lbs on it so far. Sorry they've put it off so long for you. You must feel so disappointed. Xx

Not just that but had really bad toothache today and had to have emergency root canal work done so maybe surgery delay was for the best. Just hope they don't cancel on me again. Don't think I could take the emotional stress of it again.

Last edited:
Are you early on the surgery list? I'm in at 7am on Monday. Think I will be ok until I'm actually sat in the (attractive and roomy) hospital gown.
I've got to be at the hospital for 7am too but not sure when I'm going down. I think I'll be the same and it'll hit me when I'm waiting to actually do the deed :)

I was due my surgery today and they cancelled it. I am now down for next Friday, 19 September. Was absolutely gutted. Done two weeks on lsd but got to do another week now. Lost 12 lbs on it so far. Sorry they've put it off so long for you. You must feel so disappointed. Xx Not just that but had really bad toothache today and had to have emergency root canal work done so maybe surgery delay was for the best. Just hope they don't cancel on me again. Don't think I could take the emotional stress of it again.
Oh poor you root canal work on top of everything hope you're feeling better now I couldn't believe it when I had been sat in the waiting room for 4 hrs when the nurse called me out and I was told at due to their being no beds my op had been cancelled so near yet so far, then I was told that they could offer me another date 22/10. I'm dreading having to do the LSD again as it really didn't agree with me, but I have lost 11lb on it but my dietician said that would mainly be fluid. I did say to my husband that if they cancelled me I didn't think I would be able to go through it again but after waiting 2 years I suppose another 6 weeks isn't so bad.

I was due my surgery today and they cancelled it. I am now down for next Friday, 19 September. Was absolutely gutted. Done two weeks on lsd but got to do another week now. Lost 12 lbs on it so far. Sorry they've put it off so long for you. You must feel so disappointed. Xx

Not just that but had really bad toothache today and had to have emergency root canal work done so maybe surgery delay was for the best. Just hope they don't cancel on me again. Don't think I could take the emotional stress of it again.
You must be so disappointed, it's one of my biggest fears. it takes a lot to get yourself physically and mentally prepared for this. Keep your chin up, it'll be the 19th before you know it and then we can all support each other post op :)

Will...of course your having the op! It's what you want. Though on they way to surgery if any body had offered me an out, I would have jumped at it lol

Oh no. That's frustrating. Stay strong it's not too far away.

Started my LSD diet today. I've already lost 8 lbs reducing my intake in preparation. I'm doing weight to go shakes and soups. Started with a banana one. Let's get this going. :)

Back