• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

had my last visit at the homerton befor my WLS in 10 days time, just chatted with the surgeon talked about how it all happens and the risk involved I will be in for 3 days so out on Saturday some time
just counting down the days now

Ah the time is going so fast!!! ;) you will be done and starting a new part of your journey soon :)

Not sure if you saw my updates but am all done and got back home today already ;)

Good luck with your surgery!! :)

How are you today Llora?

I am ok. Sore in places,so still taking paracetamol regulary. But it really is managable (well i am sure paracetamol is reducing part of the pain anyway).

At the hospital for breakfast they gave me some yogurt, but it was too sweet so only had one spoonful and some peppermint tea. back at home had soup twice today (around 200ml in total) and 1/2 of ready made complan strawberry milkshake (so around 125ml) and kept sipping on peppermint tea all day long.

Not sure if its too much.. But i didnt seem to have any discomfort or extra pain with that what i had.

Had a little walk this afternoon. It was nice and sunny so put my stretchy sweatpants on and went to the post box to post a birthday card to my father. Also poped into waitrose to get some soups that i could share with my husband and i would not get bored of the same soup as the pack lasts for ever and ever (as i keep adding bits of water to make it more runny then blend it and strain it) ;)

Just had my last dose of liquid paracetamol for today (still gross) :)

Just settled into bed. Its not as nice as the hospital one as it does not lift up the you want it to! So i have a pile of pillows! ;) just wish the neighbours would go to sleep or inside rather than talking outside just next to my window ;)

Hi all, good luck with your surgery. No thread for October surgeries, so I decided tag along this thread, will have to start one now I have received my surgery date for the 15th October to have my WLS. I'm so please - slim city here I come!!!

Hi all, good luck with your surgery. No thread for October surgeries, so I decided tag along this thread, will have to start one now I have received my surgery date for the 15th October to have my WLS. I'm so please - slim city here I come!!!

Thanks. Yours will be here before you know it.

I am sure that october thread will appear too when october will be a bit closer :)

When do you start your pre op diet?

Good luck to all of you. I hope to be where you are some day :)

How are you this evening Llora?

I am fine. Struggling to find a comfy position at times as i have some back and neck pain today . I think its because of my bad posture atm as i keep catching myself standing or walking or even sitting in the different unusual/unatural way :) for example i am typing this msg kneeling on the floor with my elbows resting on the edge of bed! As if i sit up one of the wounds get sore if i lean back my back hurts :)

My mug with peppermint tea seem to be stuck to my hand today :) trying to get more fluids in.. But nowhere even near to a healthy amount yet.

Other than tea i managed the rest of my complan milkshake for breakfast, then some tomato and lentl soup for lunch (all blended, strained and with some added water), then some yougurt (strained with added milk) and finally some carrot and parsley soup for dinner (also strained and with a splash of water to make it more runny). Trying to have my variety as i dont want to get too bored of the same and the same things! ;)

Gave myself the lovely injection to my stomach this morning.

Stockings keep cuting into my legs.

Wish the bruises on my arm and legs would go away..

But i am so surprised that i am actually feeling that well. Never threw up, never felt sick yet.. Hope i continue that way...

Went for a walk today, only had one nap, did washing up and even cooked breakfast and lunch for my husband (even though he took time off work to take care of me) :) but i feel better moving around slowly than sitting down all the time :) i do get out of breath easily, but i am sure its normal :)

I'm pleased you are up and about. That's what I worry about - being stuck in bed.

I'm not thinking too far ahead, just focussing on getting through to Sunday.

Hope tomorrow is even better for you Llora x

Back