• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Good luck Curls40.

Tomorrow is my surgery, Glad work is done today,my emotions are all over the place,
Whoop good luck hope all goes as it should and this time tomorrow you'll be 364 days from your first surgiversary :0)

Thank you ladies, just got soo many feelings going around my head, on the LSD I've gone down from 19,1lb to 17:13lbs, hope my liver has shrunk?.. I'm so anxious about life after the op, will I ever eat normal food again, ?.. I hope so, I have wifi in my hospital so hope to post Friday if I'm ok,x

Last edited:
Thank you ladies, just got soo many feelings going around my head, on the LSD I've gone down from 19,1lb to 17:13lbs, hope my liver has shrink,?..
I'm so anxious about life after the op, will I ever eat normal food again, ?.. I hope so,
I have wifi in my hospital so hope to post Friday if I'm ok,x

I was feeling exactly how you are the day before my op, it'll be over before you know it, it'll all go well :)

Try to focus on the positives afterwards, and you'll do fine. Good luck! X

My op went ahead on Friday. Was in hospital until today. Home in my own bed now. Had gastric bypass as planned and all went well. Was quite poorly with two drains, on oxygen, no insulin pump,on iv fluids and iv morphine. Had to have catheter in as well because couldn't pee. Pain not too bad though. Sore and uncomfortable. Wind pain was worse in back, shoulders and stomach. Hard to eat when don't feel hungry. Getting myself into a routine at the moment. Glad it's done and dusted.
I have stopped all my insulin, my liriglatide and gliclazide since the operation. Only on metformin for my diabetes now. So pleased. Please can I ask post oppers if you still had wind five days after? Also did you run to the loo a lot? Just wondering if this will pass or whether it's my new bowel layout.

op on 30th

Hi all, im just about going to make it on this thread as my bypass is booked for the 30th at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. I cant wait!!
Its taken 19 months and a lot of hard work to get to this point. Im on day 11 of the milk diet and other than a couple of stroppy cow moments ive stuck to it to the letter. Ive had my pre op today and all was well so im counting down the days.
Hope everyone who has had surgery or is still waiting for it is doing well and gets to where they want to be

Hi all, im just about going to make it on this thread as my bypass is booked for the 30th at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. I cant wait!!
Its taken 19 months and a lot of hard work to get to this point. Im on day 11 of the milk diet and other than a couple of stroppy cow moments ive stuck to it to the letter. Ive had my pre op today and all was well so im counting down the days.
Hope everyone who has had surgery or is still waiting for it is doing well and gets to where they want to be

Glad you made it into september! One more member to share our journey with :)

It must feel exciting and rewarding to finally be counting days after 19months of hard work!

Hope your last days on pre op diet will fly by without any slips :)

Good luck with your surgery and hope you will have a speedy recovery :) ant cant wait to see your progress post op, so please keep us updated! :)

Btw which surgery will you have?

I'm in the hospital surgery done,not had a good night ,keep heaving and the pain is bad, just started sipping water, not had a drink for 24 hrs.

Well done Curls40. It does get better I promise. Each day you'll feel better than the last. Just make sure you tell the nurses about the pain - they should give you oral morphine.

I have stopped all my insulin, my liriglatide and gliclazide since the operation. Only on metformin for my diabetes now. So pleased. Please can I ask post oppers if you still had wind five days after? Also did you run to the loo a lot? Just wondering if this will pass or whether it's my new bowel layout.

Although I had the sleeve, I was told by my surgeon that you can get diarrhoea Post op. This can last a fair few weeks in some cases. Would imagine the same may be for the bypass. How are you today?

I'm in the hospital surgery done,not had a good night ,keep heaving and the pain is bad, just started sipping water, not had a drink for 24 hrs.

Glad it's over. I was I'll for the first bit but it's sooooo worth it. Stick with it. You will turn a corner and start to feel so much better. Xx

Feeling better than last night, up and dressed sat in chair, had three walks, really,want to go to bed but not allowed.

Although I had the sleeve, I was told by my surgeon that you can get diarrhoea Post op. This can last a fair few weeks in some cases. Would imagine the same may be for the bypass. How are you today?
Feel loads better thanks. They put me on lactulose and after one dose was pushing the loo all day so not taken any more until today. Half dose today and rushed the loo within 10 minutes. So maybe no more lactulose. Lost 7 lbs post op this week. It really does fly off. Wounds healing nicely though freaked me out when a piece of string started growing out of one of my glued wounds. Normal internal stitches pushing their way out during healing apparently. No one told me that lol. Also started period when shouldn't have and that is apparently the hormone change in my body and should settle down. So lots of things didn't expect. Am able to sleep better and lying on my side which is good. Went for little walk outside today which has tired me out but good to get out the house. Really fancy eating some chicken but chicken soup will have to do for now. Had no nausea at all and not been sick which I'm pleased about.

Back