• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

So sorry to hear about your Dad TB. I liken it to there being a massive hole injury. The edges are raw and painful and will continue in that way for a while. However as time goes by it starts to get better and the edges become less raw and painful. However, the hole will always be there. Take care of yourself.

Debbie

wow

Nope. Did my own the day before surgery and had them whilst in but as I had flowtron stockings. And have got white surgical
Stockings for home I didn't need them. Thought I would get at least 7 days of them but managed to escape.

Here's my sexy flowtron air legs.

They look amazing I just had the sexy stockings and compression things on my calves which I loved but I could only wear for the first 24 hours :(
May I say lucky you.

Hello all:wave_cry:.

I was due to have my surgery on 3 September. My dad died suddenly on 12 August. It was shocking and devastating for me and my family. My parents retired back home to Jamaica so we had to make arrangements to get out there as soon as we could. My family knew how important the surgery was for me. They knew how much my dad worried about my health - so they decided to do all they could to get everything sorted so I would be back in time to have my surgery. I wondered about whether I should just cancel it - but they told me it would be what my dad wanted - so I agreed. The hospital were good about things too and said as long as I was back in time for the surgery and I stayed on my pre op diet that they would do the surgery. I had my pre op on 18 August and flew out on 20 August.

The day after we buried my dad I had a bad fall. I thought I had just badly sprained my ankle. Then the day before I was due to fly back I had another fall. By the time I got home having driven from London back home I realised that this was not a bad sprain. I went straight to A& E and after a long wait and many xrays it was found I had a badly broken foot. I am now in plaster and will be so until at least mid October and perhaps a bit more.

Needless to say my op had to be cancelled. I lost a lot of weight on the pre op diet so I am trying to build on that by watching my calorie intake. The hospital have said they will reschedule my op when I am out of plaster.

My family and I are mourning the loss of my father and food is no longer playing the part in my life that it used to. I do not know if that will change - time will tell. I will keep lurking on the site at it will help me to keep some focus as I know I still need the surgery to be fit and healthy and I owe it to my dad.

TBx

TB I am deeply sorry for your loss. I am also inspired by your strength and courage. You have obviously been through so much and you keep moving forward, your family and I'm sure your father are very proud.
Keep your mind focused and you'll get there. xx

Thank you all for your very kind words. They touched me deeply.
TB x

It's good to see you back.
So sorry for your loss. I hope you're getting the love and support you need.
Glad you're gonna stick around here until you reschedule your experiences are really valuable for newbies like me. And soon enough you'll be pre-opping again.
:-D
Hopefully your injuries are healing well too.

Hello all:wave_cry:.

I was due to have my surgery on 3 September. My dad died suddenly on 12 August. It was shocking and devastating for me and my family. My parents retired back home to Jamaica so we had to make arrangements to get out there as soon as we could. My family knew how important the surgery was for me. They knew how much my dad worried about my health - so they decided to do all they could to get everything sorted so I would be back in time to have my surgery. I wondered about whether I should just cancel it - but they told me it would be what my dad wanted - so I agreed. The hospital were good about things too and said as long as I was back in time for the surgery and I stayed on my pre op diet that they would do the surgery. I had my pre op on 18 August and flew out on 20 August.

The day after we buried my dad I had a bad fall. I thought I had just badly sprained my ankle. Then the day before I was due to fly back I had another fall. By the time I got home having driven from London back home I realised that this was not a bad sprain. I went straight to A& E and after a long wait and many xrays it was found I had a badly broken foot. I am now in plaster and will be so until at least mid October and perhaps a bit more.

Needless to say my op had to be cancelled. I lost a lot of weight on the pre op diet so I am trying to build on that by watching my calorie intake. The hospital have said they will reschedule my op when I am out of plaster.

My family and I are mourning the loss of my father and food is no longer playing the part in my life that it used to. I do not know if that will change - time will tell. I will keep lurking on the site at it will help me to keep some focus as I know I still need the surgery to be fit and healthy and I owe it to my dad.

TBx
Sorry about you dad and your foot. It'll come soon enough.xx

My op went ahead on Friday. Was in hospital until today. Home in my own bed now. Had gastric bypass as planned and all went well. Was quite poorly with two drains, on oxygen, no insulin pump,on iv fluids and iv morphine. Had to have catheter in as well because couldn't pee. Pain not too bad though. Sore and uncomfortable. Wind pain was worse in back, shoulders and stomach. Hard to eat when don't feel hungry. Getting myself into a routine at the moment. Glad it's done and dusted.

My op went ahead on Friday. Was in hospital until today. Home in my own bed now. Had gastric bypass as planned and all went well. Was quite poorly with two drains, on oxygen, no insulin pump,on iv fluids and iv morphine. Had to have catheter in as well because couldn't pee. Pain not too bad though. Sore and uncomfortable. Wind pain was worse in back, shoulders and stomach. Hard to eat when don't feel hungry. Getting myself into a routine at the moment. Glad it's done and dusted.

Glad you are home and on the mend.

Congratulations.

Good to hear you are home now,my turn in three days time , I feel how you do can't wait to get it over with, getting anxious .

I am glad you are back home! Hope you will feel better and better everyday ;)

Glad you're home Janetteclare.

I'm due to be discharged this evening after having my sleeve on Sunday. Not looking forward to the long journey home and certainly not looking forward to a bed without a raised head area! Think pillows will be my best friend.

Bear. The pillows are a great comfort. I actually slept better at home though it was a while before I got on to my side. You will be exhausted after your surgery. Chrystal gave us a great tip for the journey home. A pillow to hug under your seatbelt x

Thanks Kurstywursty.

Glad you're home Janetteclare.

I'm due to be discharged this evening after having my sleeve on Sunday. Not looking forward to the long journey home and certainly not looking forward to a bed without a raised head area! Think pillows will be my best friend.

Oh yes!! One thing that i missed from the hospital was the comfy bed which goes up and down the way you want it !! :)

I still dont sleep on my side yet. Feels uncomfortable if i try to get on the side :) so pile of pillows is the answer :)

Glad you're out of hospital and on the road to recovery. Sounds like you had a tough time but love your attitude. Done, dusted getting settled into your new life :0)
Congratulations!

Tomorrow is my surgery, Glad work is done today,my emotions are all over the place,

Last edited:
Back