• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Janetteclare

My surgeon is happy with me taking tablets so on co-codamol for pain but discomfort more than pain. More sore on my belly today than have been whole time. Feels like the internal bits healing. I'm on forceval capsules as my daily multivitamin prescribed by the doctor. Started on pureed cottage pie today and had no problems, only been 9 days since op. No problem with sickness at all. Really pleased how well its going to be honest, thought it would be lot worse. Lost 10 lbs since op as well. Bonus.

SingerMo

Hi everyone, I've been lurking in the background for quite a while reading everyone's posts and thought it was about time I joined in. I had a bypass on the 9th of September at Countess of Chester. It took a long time to get to that point, but was so worth the wait and the effort. I was quite lucky in the end, I had my multi disciplinary assessment on the 3rd September in the the morning, the team met in the afternoon to discuss the cases, and I got a phone call on the 4th offering me the op for the 9th. I only had to do the pre op diet for 5 days. I don't know what I did in those five days, I was in a state of shock. I don't think I expected them to say yes, yet alone get it so quickly! I didn't tell many people that I was going in as I hadn't really got my head around it myself! Anyway, enough rambling on, just wanted to say hi to everyone, and to thank people for sharing their experiences, it's helped me a great deal. :) X

Wow LizzyB and I thought I had a fast turn around with a month to get my head around it.
Hi right back at you. :0)

Curls40

I've not been prescribed vitamins until 6weeks post op,I have a list given to me from the hospital with all the vitamins I need to take to my GP, has anyone has been told this?

samp24

my calcium d3 chewable they said not to worry about till a few weeks out, but wanted me to start vitamins (I bought abidec liquid, the one for kids) straight away.

Bear

Curls, I was told not to worry about vitamins until I go to my GP this Friday. So that wil be 12 days post op. I have my discharge summary to take to her which has a list of meds to be prescribed for the next 6 mths. It has forcival on there and Desunin (sp?)

Curls40

Has anyone been prescribed lansoprazole after their surgery ?.. I have just wondered .one a day for 35 days

MayraF

Has anyone been prescribed lansoprazole after their surgery ?.. I have just wondered .one a day for 35 days

Hi Curls! I've been prescribed it for 6 months :) I've been told its to protect my pouch against excess acid/reflux.

Llora

Yes i am taking them. The nurse gave me 7 tablets and told me to get more from gp.. She didnt actually say how many.. I will ask my bariatric nurse next week on my 4 weeks post op appointment..

los in it

I got a whole bunch of medication
Dalivit drops(14 drops 1x a day)
Adcal -calcium tablets(1 tablet 2x a day)
Lansoprazole tablets (1x2 a day)
Clexane injection(1x a day)
Paracetamol -soluble as when needed
Lactulose - as when needed
got about 2 weeks left of the meds I have to take left then back to gp for new lot

Curls40

Does anyone else gets strange gurgling noises when they eat ?.. Remember I'm only six days post op, liquids

jan52

Thank you ladies for your support , I'm home now, getting stronger each day, still sore all over,wounds very tender, had a better night in hospital last night , cannot take the capol liquid they have given me, it's vile, my mum says I'm being a drama queen!
congrats Curls 40.... I had my Mini Gastric bypass on Friday in Belgium!... Got Home on Monday!... Am I correct you had the same opp?.... I'm feeling very bloated and carnt get much fluid in so a little worried about that but I had lots of I drips in the hospital so just trying sips little and often..... Could you manage dissolvable paracetamol for the pain? ... That what they gave me. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Jan52

jan52

I have been prescribed Omnaprozole ? .. Which I think is similar but the surgeon said to take it for the rest of my life! :(

Bear

Does anyone else gets strange gurgling noises when they eat ?.. Remember I'm only six days post op, liquids

Oh god yeah. It's like comedy stomach rumbles.

Angie E

Hi there Los in It,

I notice in your reply to this thread you mentioned Lactulose which is synthetic sugar used to treat constipation. From my recent pre-admission seminar WLS patients are not allowed to use this because its sugar base.

I'm 100% sure as a result I had through away my recent purchase :)

Curls40

Hi there Los in It, I notice in your reply to this thread you mentioned Lactulose which is synthetic sugar used to treat constipation. From my recent pre-admission seminar WLS patients are not allowed to use this because its sugar base. I'm 100% sure as a result I had through away my recent purchase :)
I was prescribed his today from my doctor , as I was i trouble with constipation ,was painful, had 15ml and it worked , but had no other side effects from taking it,

Angie E

That's interesting Curls40 - because post -op patients are not encourage to have sugar foods in their diet including sugar based vitamins and constipation medicine.

Curls40

I'm only six days post op,explained all to doctor on phone about my op,I am seeing another doctor Monday so will mention it, I was in a lot of discomfort so had little choice, was seven days with no moments .