• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

So yesterday was Day 1 of LRD and I did the slimfast option. Today I did the low calorie option. Both went well but am hungry now so going to bed with my iPad to watch a Bourne movie so Matt Damon can take my mind off my rumbling tummy .

Good luck with the LRD everyone, it will be worth it, just keep focused on why you are doing it.

I struggled towards the end but it worked and my surgeon said I couldn't have done anymore and he wished all patients were like that!

So I got class swot award!!! Ha ha.

Teachers pet

Thank you Gemma.
I am seeing food everywhere and the family default show is Come Dine With Me (as something both parents and kids can watch and enjoy). Cue rumbling tummy ....

Sam: there is no issue on LRD, just clarifying that you can do one LRD diet (say the Slimfast diet) on Day 1, followed by a different diet (say milk/ low calorie) onDay 2. No swooping mid way through the day.

Day 9 now, and last night was the first night I woke up hungry in the middle of the night. An hour later I gave in and started today's 800 calories. Losing sleep on top of everything else is not an option! Is anyone else waking up hungry in the night and how do you deal with it?

I didn't wake up in the night, but what about a big glass of water?

If you wake up hungry, drink lots of water.
Also the food you are eating on the 8oo calorie diet make sure it is mostly protein. This will fill you up the most. Carbs will make you crave more carbs. Xxx

If you wake up hungry, drink lots of water.
Also the food you are eating on the 8oo calorie diet make sure it is mostly protein. This will fill you up the most. Carbs will make you crave more carbs. Xxx
I am not having any carbs other than what is in the milk x

I'm not doing the LRD as yet, but im having just three Slimfasts a day, to try and get some weight off before i go to the group meeting in Sept in York. This is only my 5th day on it...But, what I'm finding is curbing my hunger at moment is hot drinks, either herbal teas (not the sweet ones) or just a mug of hot water from the kettle. I say hot rarther than cold....as cold drinks doesn't curb my hunger as much as hot ones do for some reason.

Toni :rainbow:

Gave into temptation and weighed myself today - only 4 days on LRD. BOOTS machine says I am 22 st 11lbs. So that's 8 lbs down - can that be right? Anyone got an opinion on how accurate BOOTS machines are?

Gave into temptation and weighed myself today - only 4 days on LRD. BOOTS machine says I am 22 st 11lbs. So that's 8 lbs down - can that be right? Anyone got an opinion on how accurate BOOTS machines are?
I have no experience of Boots machines but weighed myself 6 days in to LRD on my scales, I had lost 13lb, so 8lbs in four days sounds feasible. I am given to understand that a lot of it is water, and given the number of trips to the loo in the first few days i am inclined to agree! My scales however don't agree with the hospital ones, (well at least the set in the usual clinic at the hospital as mine go in my favour, :scale: although I had to attend in a different building once and those were the same. Mine are a Weightwatchers make but sold in my local B&M. They go up to 28st. I am guessing that Boots are expected to have them checked regularly for accuracy, although probably not as often as greengrocers etc have to.

I'm not doing the LRD as yet, but im having just three Slimfasts a day, to try and get some weight off before i go to the group meeting in Sept in York. This is only my 5th day on it...But, what I'm finding is curbing my hunger at moment is hot drinks, either herbal teas (not the sweet ones) or just a mug of hot water from the kettle. I say hot rarther than cold....as cold drinks doesn't curb my hunger as much as hot ones do for some reason.

Toni :rainbow:
Wow! That is motivation Toni. :) Well done you. I guess as a lot of what we put in our mouths is as much about comfort as hunger, a hot drink would fulfill that need.

Thanks Sam. It does seem a lot, but as you say the constant loo trips will explain lots of it.

Don't know if this is the right place but my port replacement surgery is 17 September 2016 at Dolan Park x

Welcome Westie

I use boots scales every week ...
A loss is a loss so even if they are wrong to start with next time you weigh a loss will show ...
My boots ones are a kilo different from the hospital ...

Back