• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

Me too ...RNY bypass0 at St Richards Chichester 28th Sept and pre op 23rd August next week !!!

two week pre op milk diet .......got my supplies in of sugarcfree jelly and no sugar milkshake and bovril...lol

Scared apprehensive and very excited too .

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE XXXX

Wishing you all the very best of luck on your journey's :bestwishes:

Toni :rainbow:

I've got my pre op today ....this us the real start of the journey ....5 weeks till my surgery ....really excited about it all but worried about the initial few weeks and the milk diet ...just keep telling myself it'll all be worth it and it's a means to an end xxxx

I've got my pre op today ....this us the real start of the journey ....5 weeks till my surgery ....really excited about it all but worried about the initial few weeks and the milk diet ...just keep telling myself it'll all be worth it and it's a means to an end xxxx
I found the milk diet easy to be honest. I didn't have to think about food or weigh anything out I just drank milk, water and some Pepsi Max (I knew I'd have to give it up post op so enjoyed it while I could) and eat my yogurts. A lot of people find day 4 the hardest and then it clicks into place. It's a really useful way to learn how to deal with head hunger too. It's all worth it anyway. It gets you in the best possible shape for safe surgery and mentally in the zone for life after WLS. You don't have to enjoy it through and we're here when you want to vent :) good luck x

Yay, I can join in this thread too!

I'm having a sleeve on 15th September at UH Coventry & Warwickshire, nervous and excited.

Pre op starts September 1st, got to do milk and yoghurt only - no jelly, stock cubes or sugar free milkshake stuff for me. I'm planning on having milky coffees and hoping I can stomach 4 to 6 yoghurts a day :eatdrink023:

Good look everyone with their surgeries. I am sure that you will all be fine and cant wait to get to the 'losers bench'.

I look forward to reading how you all get on :)

Pre-Op done and dusted. Absolutely lovely nurses and I feel so settled and ready for the operation. I learnt something very interesting today - you can swop between LRD firsts each day, just make sure you stick with one each day and don't swop mid-day. That makes the LRD a whole lot easier.

Last night out tonight with my family , then buckling down to LRD tomorrow.

So close now .

I meant you can swop between LRD diets on a daily basis (damn predictive text)

Rose what do you mean you can swop? Sorry to sound stupid ....I'm going to be on just milk for two weeks xx

I was told not to swap ...
I just had milk and sugar free jelly for 2wks xxx
Every hospital is different xxx

I have a choice of 5 diets, but must stick to one a day, no chopping and changing through the day. I started on a simple 800 calorie diet, but am now using the milk and yogurt diet for it's simplicity. It depends how long I have to wait for my surgery date - I may go back to the 800 calories until I am 2 weeks before again,

I was the same drank so much coke light as i knew that was it after my op xx
I bought a case of Diet Coke on Monday and have had no desire to drink it so forgot it was there lol. I think I had better get cracking or i will have to give it away!

Pre-Op done and dusted. Absolutely lovely nurses and I feel so settled and ready for the operation. I learnt something very interesting today - you can swop between LRD firsts each day, just make sure you stick with one each day and don't swop mid-day. That makes the LRD a whole lot easier.

So close now .
Did they tell you what the issue is with swapping please? Do they mean between solid and liquid or the varying the liquid?

This evening (day 5 of pre-op) is the first time i have felt really hungry since I started and have thought about other food. :eatdrink051:

So close now .
Hope the LRD goes well. Mine hasn't been as bad as I thought it would.

Did they tell you what the issue is with swapping please? Do they mean between solid and liquid or the varying the liquid?

Sam: there is no issue on LRD, just clarifying that you can do one LRD diet (say the Slimfast diet) on Day 1, followed by a different diet (say milk/ low calorie) onDay 2. No swooping mid way through the day.

Back