• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleevers daily menu

Danniplus4

Today I have had.....

Bucket of coffee, black no sugar
A Graze box of roasted savoury seeds
Some smoked salmon with Caesar salad (light choices dressing)
And for tea I'll be having

Cod loin with green beans and sweetcorn, maybe with some hollandaise sauce if I need to bump up the calories a little.

I drink loads of water every day anyway and occasionally some orange squash

suzie290304

Today I had
3 crackers with marg and 2 slices of cheese with a chicken leg
Home made soup with lentils and ham with one slice of bread with marg
Loads of cups of tea
Got frozen banana for later :) x

ceejay

I've had

1 glass fresh tropical juice with added vitamins
1 weetabix with sweetener and s.s milk
About 1/4 of a child's Sunday lunch (first time eating out since op!)
1/3 pot of chicken arrabiata - Sainsburys fresh soup pot
1 slice of corned beef
small bowl of Carte D'or chocolate ice cream
1 Caramel Latte, small
Around 1.5litres of nas juice

Wonderlust

Todays so far:-

nas b/cnt & apple squash x2
2 wheatabix + ss milk 200ml
2 x Tesco Ganulated sweetner
Coffee x2
4 Tesco Ganulated sweetner
Tin heinz chicken & noodle Soup
50ml SS milk
nas b/cnt & apple squash x3
75g Onion Sauce Home made
86g Chicken
40g Green Beans
36g Parsnips
63g Potatoes
50ml Gravy

Might have a petit filous or two to take me to nearer 800 cals.

Coffee x 4
1 Weetabix with a few raisins for sweetness.
Salad with some chicken and 2 small new potatoes.
NAS juice x 3.
Micro-chips and poached egg.
Crunchie (naughty but nice !)

Around 800 calories today.

suzie290304

3 crackers with marg, 2 slices of cheese and a small pepperoni stick
Steak with maybe half tin of beans
Packet of crisp
Loads of cups of tea x

Wonderlust

Todays menu...

Coffee
2 Tesco Ganulated sweetner
2 wheatabix + ss milk 200ml
2 x Tesco Ganulated sweetner
Baxters Med Tom Soup
30ml SS milk
nas b/cnt & apple squash x2
117g chicken Breast
40g Asparagus
70g Tinned Carrots
50g new potatoes
Marinade
gravy
nas b/cnt & apple squash x250g
Petit Filous x2

Still about 750 cals...

carmie

Thank you for this it will be very helpful when i have my sleeve. I was very nervous about what to eat and this has put my mind to rest :)

Wonderlust

Todays diary including an evening starter of mushrooms in garlic butter....

Coffee
1 wheatabix + ss milk 100ml
1 x Tesco Ganulated sweetner
Tin baxters onion soup
Mushrooms 100g
Garlic butter 12.5g
20g Iceberg Lettuce
Birdseye Cod fishfingers x 2
80g Birdseye Garden Peas
100g Melody Potatoe
snas b/cnt & apple squash x3
Milky coffee

Total 800.5 cals

Milky coffee is for later ;)

ceejay

330ml fresh oj with added vitamins
Small/child's portion ready brek with s.s milk and sweetener
Small piece of fish with garden peas
Slice of toffee & pecan roulade (naughty I know, but a celebration lunch)
1/2 tin Baxters potato & leek soup
handful of salt & vinegar peanuts
1.5 litres nas juice throughout the day

suzie290304

Chips from chippy (was babysitting and my sister decided to return with chips) only had around 10 plus slice of bread and butter, hurt when eating so won't be eating these again
Tea was pasta, tuna and 3 slices of cheese
Loads of cups of tea :) I do love my tea
My pouch has been hurting when eating today think this was due to the chips irritating it at dinner time :( alls I could taste was grease and totally yucky, funny cause this used to be my fav food before op now I can't stand it lol x

Danniplus4

Today I've had...

Graze box apricot torte
Small portion of sushi from supermarket - ate about 3/4
Homemade shepherds pie - just had the meaty bit and not the mash
100% juice ice lolly

And the compulsory buckets of coffee and water :)

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
I'm intrigued to note that suzie and bellydancer seem to be eating less that ceejay, yet are both a few months post op, whereas ceejay is just 4 weeks post op. Is that because after time you stop concentrating on getting the right calories and just eat when hungry until full and the limits are now naturally less?

JO28172

Wobbletogo said:
I'm intrigued to note that suzie and bellydancer seem to be eating less that ceejay, yet are both a few months post op, whereas ceejay is just 4 weeks post op. Is that because after time you stop concentrating on getting the right calories and just eat when hungry until full and the limits are now naturally less?

I never dared stop counting cals, carbs n protein.....its an art getting it right (or was for me) but there are plenty who don't count and trust their choices etc not sure I'd trust myself

ceejay

Oh dear, I hadn't noticed that....
It's probably because I'm only just on soft foods and still new to it all. I think I'll start counting calories, protein, etc. again so I know I'm getting it right. It's not easy getting used to the different feelings, i.e the difference between hunger, head hunger and just habit.....
Thanks for pointing this out!

suzie290304

ceejay said:
Oh dear, I hadn't noticed that....
It's probably because I'm only just on soft foods and still new to it all. I think I'll start counting calories, protein, etc. again so I know I'm getting it right. It's not easy getting used to the different feelings, i.e the difference between hunger, head hunger and just habit.....
Thanks for pointing this out!

The first few months with your sleeve are totally different , the triggers to stop eating changed (for me) from a full feeling to a feeling when I'm nearly finished my meal I just don't want to eat it anymore, it's a strange feeling lol to go from really liking your meal your eating in front of you too when you know your finished and have now had enough :D I never hardly get a full feeling now just a feeling of that's it I'm done and not interested in that meal no more. I don't feel hungry most days their has been a few times of emptiness but not hunger. But I could still easily eat loads of rubbish as it slips down more easily as a packet of crisps or biscuit crumbles into nothing and that's where will power comes in lol. Also my provider told me I have to wait one hour after a meal and 30 mins before to drink so it's difficult to get in 4 or 5 small meals. It would be interesting to see if other long term sleevers also had their triggers to stop eating change like I have :D I hated the feeling of fullness as i sometimes had that one mouthful too much and felt sick for a while which I hated. Your doing great with what your doing :) your on soft stage now just wait till your eating steak lol x

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
It's really helpful to hear about the "feelings" you're all getting about food now. Think I'm going to have to summon up losts of will power and constantly keep a bottle of water nearby so I have a drink instead of gravitate towarss the crisps cupboard lol

Have to say I will find the no drinking whilst eating difficult, I always seem to make a cuppa at the same time as a meal.

suzie290304

Danniplus4 said:
You'll surprise yourself I'm sure. If you eat too much the feeling is so unpleasant you soon learn!

Yes the head down the toilet :D had that a few times in the early months, but since my sleeve I can't be sick just sat their wishing I could lol. Hate that feeling and thank god I didn't have that often as it's not nice and chocolate makes me feel like that too, which is a good thing :D I love my sleeve x

Danniplus4

I've not had any chocolate since my op so wouldn't know, but in the early days, before I recognised the Last Mouthful I did it a few times. Ouch! I now know exactly when to stop!