• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So…it's really happening!

Yes the constipation is a nightmare .. mine is getting a little better now.
I'm only going every 3 days and that takes 4 Eva.
X

I was exactly the same hun. Keep walking about as much as possible. They give me some senna too coz i was a bit constipated but it seemed to help settle wind too but i didnt manage to go lol. But glad ur doin alrite. I cant beleive how much its not hurting me now. Only if i have that bit too much to eat. Keep is updated hun. Oh and ive lost half a stone since sunday!! X

I was exactly the same hun. Keep walking about as much as possible. They give me some senna too coz i was a bit constipated but it seemed to help settle wind too but i didnt manage to go lol. But glad ur doin alrite. I cant beleive how much its not hurting me now. Only if i have that bit too much to eat. Keep is updated hun. Oh and ive lost half a stone since sunday!! X

Wow that's fab, I'll keep in touch x

Hi girls
So 2mw is a month post op!
I'm feeling ok getting used to the new living but my stomach seems to disagree.
Every time I eat afterwards it makes horrid noises and feels like it's going nuts.
I also feel sick a lot of the time which is annoying.
Most nights after tea I end up laying down for the rest of the night.
Also valentines day I'll be 6 weeks post op and hubby wants to take me out .. I'm not too sure as I think it's pointless as I hardly eat anything .. What's everyone's opinions??
Also how is everyone doing?? X

Hi girls
So 2mw is a month post op!
I'm feeling ok getting used to the new living but my stomach seems to disagree.
Every time I eat afterwards it makes horrid noises and feels like it's going nuts.
I also feel sick a lot of the time which is annoying.
Most nights after tea I end up laying down for the rest of the night.
Also valentines day I'll be 6 weeks post op and hubby wants to take me out .. I'm not too sure as I think it's pointless as I hardly eat anything .. What's everyone's opinions??
Also how is everyone doing?? X

Hi mrspplus3, im just 1 week post op so everything is new to me. But i seem to be doin pretty well if im honest. Ah i wud go for it. Theres loads of variety on menus start with a soup if u's r goin 3 course. Or just go for either a kids menu or light bites on menu. U could ring in advance for them to send u a copy of menu to see if its worth goin before actually goin nd orderin food then not eating it x

Hi girls So 2mw is a month post op! I'm feeling ok getting used to the new living but my stomach seems to disagree. Every time I eat afterwards it makes horrid noises and feels like it's going nuts. I also feel sick a lot of the time which is annoying. Most nights after tea I end up laying down for the rest of the night. Also valentines day I'll be 6 weeks post op and hubby wants to take me out .. I'm not too sure as I think it's pointless as I hardly eat anything .. What's everyone's opinions?? Also how is everyone doing?? X

I'd say make a decision nearer the time. At 6 weeks post op I had a few Christmas nights out with my work buddies, I tried to choose carefully from the menus. I managed really well but very small amounts. I transitioned to solid food really well though and haven't had any issues with particular foods or any dumping so it's been relatively straightforward.
I think it's quite an individual thing though and what one person can do at various stages is very different to another.
See how you feel and check out the menus before to see if there's anything suitable.

Hi all....I am sorry to have not updated my diary for a while. Things here have been a bit difficult. My husband had an operation which has left him immobile so we are struggling a little just to get through the day at the moment. I am doing fine on the 'soft food' stage, I seem to be tolerating most things I am trying which is good. I am a little concerned that I still have not felt full but I am also not feeling hungry so I am still just monitoring amounts and making myself stop eating when I think I should have had enough if that makes sense. Constipation is a pain still and I am finding myself tired by lunch time most days but I am coping with a few nana naps! I had my B12 injection today which I hope helps with the tiredness.
The great news is I am now two sizes smaller than the day I had surgery which is great. The weight seems slow at coming off but my shape is changing constantly.

I hope everyone is doing well xx

Hi all....I am sorry to have not updated my diary for a while. Things here have been a bit difficult. My husband had an operation which has left him immobile so we are struggling a little just to get through the day at the moment. I am doing fine on the 'soft food' stage, I seem to be tolerating most things I am trying which is good. I am a little concerned that I still have not felt full but I am also not feeling hungry so I am still just monitoring amounts and making myself stop eating when I think I should have had enough if that makes sense. Constipation is a pain still and I am finding myself tired by lunch time most days but I am coping with a few nana naps! I had my B12 injection today which I hope helps with the tiredness.
The great news is I am now two sizes smaller than the day I had surgery which is great. The weight seems slow at coming off but my shape is changing constantly.

I hope everyone is doing well xx

Well done. It must be so good to have dropped two sizes.

Morning everyone. . Glad u are all doing fab .. times is flying by I can't believe I'm nearly 5 weeks post op.
I've had a right carry on with tablets I finally got the ones the hospital prescribed yesterday from my docs .. hoping the week without them is ok. The docs messed up with my injection appointment it is now on Monday.
Food wise is ok I've dumped twice and I can't figure out off what.
Pain after eating isn't too great sometimes and I feel hungry a lot of the time.
Got myself stressed and started smoking again I haven't lost any weight since I was last on here which as contributed to the smoking
I'm so angry at myself for the bloody fags.
I can't wait for my follow up which is 4 March.
Xx

Back