• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So…it's really happening!

Well it was weigh day today and I lost 3 lb ... I wasn't impressed but I think I'm expecting too much starting weight on 1st day of lsd 27.12.14 was 19.6lb ... today 17.3lb .. I need to get over that I won't b skinny overnight lol x

Well it was weigh day today and I lost 3 lb ... I wasn't impressed but I think I'm expecting too much starting weight on 1st day of lsd 27.12.14 was 19.6lb ... today 17.3lb .. I need to get over that I won't b skinny overnight lol x

Dont get disheartned mrspplus 3. Thats a fantastic weightloss since december. Nearly 2 stone!! Well i always tell myself miracles dont happen overnight! U want it off slower so it stays off longer and is more healthier too. Plus 3lb off better than 3lb on x

Mrspplus3 – You are doing great hun, almost two stones since December is fantastic. As long as it is coming off it is moving in the right direction!

Vickip99 – How are you getting on?

Well, yesterday was two weeks post surgery for me.
Everything has been going really well until today…I feel like I have an army of tiny trolls with hammers rushing around my insides bashing hell out of me! I have also felt sickly all day. Im thinking it is nothing serious and it will pass, either that or I need to find troll training classes!

On a more positive note... it is weigh day and I have lost a further 2lb which takes my total to 34lb...yipee!

Fab weight loss sunshine! U mite of did too much yesterday or ate something that hasnt agreed with you. But im doin alrite. Bought different yogurts today as im a bit sick of the muller light ones. So hopefully the next few days will sail by. Cant believe im goin in this weekend!! Gonna be a busy friday for me this week making sure everythings sortded for other half nd kids. Will miss them like mad x

Thanks vickip99, how are you getting on now?

I have had a strange few days. I am consuming rather more that I would expect to be, both food and liquid. I am also hungry! I'm not sure what is going on but I am trying to take it back to basics today. Worried :/

Hi sunshine I'm the same. .. I've started eating scrambled egg as well only twice but I needed something soft to chew .. I feel like I'm consuming more than I should be little worried x

Thanks vickip99, how are you getting on now?

I have had a strange few days. I am consuming rather more that I would expect to be, both food and liquid. I am also hungry! I'm not sure what is going on but I am trying to take it back to basics today. Worried :/

Im alrite thanks sunshine100. Ah really thats quite strange coz they say you should only manage a couple of teaspoons full then thats it. Have you rang the bariactric nurses to check everything is alrite? But thats good youve gone bk to basics. How far post op r u now?x

I will be three weeks past surgery on Sunday coming up.

I have an appointment with the team in a few weeks so I am waiting to talk to them then as I doubt there is much they can say at this point.

It's a little reassuring that it is not only me mrspplus3 but not good that you are worrying about this too.

Really??where has time gone! That could just be with u bein on puree. Once u start gettin a few solids into ur stomach u mite feel fuller quicker. Its a bit like a baby wen they start weaning. Once they have have a few spoons the next you kno is theyve ate the jar. Nd there stomachs r only tiny. Hope this helps x

It's normal to feel unsure but try not to worry, you're probably doing just fine! If you were eating too much you wouldn't be losing weight. But definitely speak to the dietician to put your mind at ease.

I found it difficult in the first few weeks because I had no sense of hunger and didn't know when I was full. Others were saying they could only manage a few teaspoons and I felt like I was able to have loads more. Everyone is different so try not to compare with others. But, think about how much you're eating now compared to before surgery and it will put it in perspective :)

Su2ie- Thank you hun, you are right about comparing what I am eating now compared to before surgery. I have the same issue of not knowing when I am full at the moment and I think I am confusing that with being hungry. Did you develop the ability to feel when you are full or are you still unable to feel it?

An update on me... I am three weeks past surgery today! It seems to have gone really quickly. I am struggling a little bit to know quantities of food to eat, I am now limiting myself to three tbsp of food per meal which is one over the recommended two tbsp's in the information given to me by the dietician. I am feeling what I think is hungry from time to time but nothing like before surgery.

I have come to the conclusion that it is all about learning what my new digestive system is trying to say. I have not felt restriction or a full sensation as yet but I expect that to change when I move on to 'soft foods'

I have been more active over the past week, walking the dog and a little bit of shopping and light house wok and i feel physically fine.

Tomorrow is my birthday which i expect to be a little difficult as I have not told anyone apart from very close family about my surgery. Celebrations are usually based around food with my family so I am expecting food based gifts and questions about why we have not arranged a meal for the event! I am sure i will manage to dodge the difficult bits :)

Sounds like you're doing just fine and really thinking about what you are eating and following the guidelines. In the early days I didn't really feel full in the same way as pre op, instead I would just get a sense of not really wanting any more and sometimes I'd get a tightness in my chest. It was very bizarre and frightened me a few times!! I was worried that I seemed to be able to eat more than others but as long as there was no pain or vomiting I figured I wasn't doing too badly. I am finding that the hunger is starting to return - a little earlier than I would have liked :( but in trying to determine if its real hunger or head hunger, finding that a big tricky! Incidentally the first sign of being thirsty is the same as feeling hungry so make sure you're drinking plenty.

I'm just starting to get to know the full feeling properly, mainly through overdoing it on a few occasions! It's exactly as you say, learning your new digestive system and listening to the signals.

Anyway, happy birthday for tomorrow - have a great non-food celebration and treat yourself to something nice :)

Morning everyone. . I'm confused and need some advise.
I was sent home from hospital with 2 different tablets .. omeprazole 1 a day and ursodeoxycholic 1 and half twice a day.

I went to doctors yesterday to pick prescriptions up and when I got home with them they are different from the ones I have... adcal d3 2 a day and ferrous fumarate 1 a day.

So do u only take the ones from the hospital for the 1st month and then they change or am I missing medication. . Since being discharged from hospital I feel there's no aftercare I'm so confused and haven't had a follow up appointment yet.

The tablets from hospital are to prevent gallstones and acid from what I remember so surely u need them longer than 4 weeks.

Sorry if I sound stupid but I really am list with all these meds. Xx

Morning everyone. . I'm confused and need some advise.
I was sent home from hospital with 2 different tablets .. omeprazole 1 a day and ursodeoxycholic 1 and half twice a day.

I went to doctors yesterday to pick prescriptions up and when I got home with them they are different from the ones I have... adcal d3 2 a day and ferrous fumarate 1 a day.

So do u only take the ones from the hospital for the 1st month and then they change or am I missing medication. . Since being discharged from hospital I feel there's no aftercare I'm so confused and haven't had a follow up appointment yet.

The tablets from hospital are to prevent gallstones and acid from what I remember so surely u need them longer than 4 weeks.

Sorry if I sound stupid but I really am list with all these meds. Xx

Mrspplus3 u dont sound stupid at all. Ive just had my first lot this mornin in hospital. They mite be called something different coz there from different suppliers. But u could just ring baratric clinic nd speak to a nurse or doctor nd ask their opinion. I wud. Hope this helps xx

They are different things and you need to take all of them.

The omeprazole and deoxycholic acid are to be taken for 6 months straight after surgery. Then the Adcal D3 and iron start about a month after and are to be taken forever.

Mrspplus3- I have just had an appointment with my gp today for the exact same thing. My repeat prescription is for the exact things I had in hospital and the new suggested drugs which the hospital asked the gp to prescribe only they are called different things because they are made by different companies.

Give the hospital a ring or get a gp appointment to go through it all. It's best to fully understand what you are dealing with.

Have you had your b12 injection? ( I think it's b12) I hit a telling off from gp for not sorting that out even though the hospital say a month after surgery.

I have my follow up appointment for hospital through too so I'd suggest you bother them for that too.

How are you getting in apart from the confusion over drugs? Have you been weighed? X

Hi hun ... I'm going to doctors 2mw as I'm so confused lol .. when I went yesterday they had my injection booked for the 5th Feb .. I weigh every Monday and lost 2 lb yesterday total of 2 stone 5 lb ... I was hoping for more than 2 lb but I suppose it's coming off.
How are things with you??

I am supposed to be on puree still but have been incorporating soft into my diet as I was really struggling with the puree I was eating next to nothing as the texture was making me heave .. I hadn't gone mad just had scrambled egg .. cod mashed with a fork and mushy peas extra mushy xx

Well done with the 2lb off!

I am ok, I am struggling with constipation which is starting to get to me. I am tempted to try adding more high fibre and slightly less protein to my diet as this is what my gp suggested today to help me go but I know that contradicts the hospitals advice so I'm not sure what to do.

I also weigh on a Monday and I have only lost 1/4 lb this week but as my husband kindly pointed out... I am full of s**t.... 7 days worth to be exact so I am not to worried about the small loss yet.

I am really looking forward to moving in to soft food on Sunday. X

Well done with the 2lb off!

I am ok, I am struggling with constipation which is starting to get to me. I am tempted to try adding more high fibre and slightly less protein to my diet as this is what my gp suggested today to help me go but I know that contradicts the hospitals advice so I'm not sure what to do.

I also weigh on a Monday and I have only lost 1/4 lb this week but as my husband kindly pointed out... I am full of s**t.... 7 days worth to be exact so I am not to worried about the small loss yet.

I am really looking forward to moving in to soft food on Sunday. X

Hi sunshine im 1 day post op and i was constipated in hospital yesterday amd they give me 4 senna!! Then baractric nurse handed me a leaflet that said avoid laxitive for 4 weeks!! Totally contradicting themselves. Nd guess what im still constipated. But im gonna have to take something tonight as im so uncomfortable. X

Back