• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So happy finally got my date :)

loz1310

Hi all,

You know when you don't think something is not going to happen and feel so deflated? well its happening I've finally got my date for my bypass :) I'm so excited although apprehensive, got a call from Luton my date has been moved to 30th August. I'm still in a happy shock and can't believe it. What happens next? I know some of you have been Luton whats the next stage please?
Whats the procedure, I go back before the op? sorry I still can't believe its happening :) xx

Jackiesfatplan

Hi and well done on getting ur date theres a few amazing ladies on here who have been through luton maria and bling are just 2 both been through this stage have a look on there dairys they will prob come along soon with information im still waiting on my date got long time to weight we have a 12 mnth waiting list at stoke on trent

Irene44

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your date for WLS I’m Durham area so can’t help but as the lovely Jackie said, Blingbabe and Maria were Luton so I’m sure they will help if they can

We will look forward to reading your journey hun keep posting xx

J

Jonicorn

Congratulations! You must be over the moon. That's so soon too, they'll probably contact you and discuss your liver reduction diet with you at some point very soon. Not sure how long it has to be for the Bypass, it maybe depends on your start weight.

Keep us posted :)

Sarnie

Welcome and congratulations on getting your date. I'm under Luton too, but not as far along as you. Ian, Bling and Maria hopefully will be able to answer your questions. Keep us posted on how you're getting on x

Bling Babe

Congratulations, how exciting, your LRD will be for 2 weeks pre-op, it’s exactly the same as rather 4 week diet you do when you first start at Luton, 4 pints milk, 1 sachet sugar free jelly, 1 OXO drink and lots of water, you’ll have a pre-op appointment where they will take bloods and do mrsa swabs and give you your injection and tablets for the day before and the day of surgery. I’m 4 months out and I love my pouch, it’s the perfect tool to work with.
Good luck and please keep us updated any questions just ask xxxxx

loz1310

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for your lovely replies.

I received my pre op letter this morning for 8th August eek! Still can’t believe it’s happening. Hopefully all will be ok with the bloods and I pass the final stage.

Xx

loz1310

Congratulations, how exciting, your LRD will be for 2 weeks pre-op, it’s exactly the same as rather 4 week diet you do when you first start at Luton, 4 pints milk, 1 sachet sugar free jelly, 1 OXO drink and lots of water, you’ll have a pre-op appointment where they will take bloods and do mrsa swabs and give you your injection and tablets for the day before and the day of surgery. I’m 4 months out and I love my pouch, it’s the perfect tool to work with.
Good luck and please keep us updated any questions just ask xxxxx
Hi bling babe
Thank you I couldn’t remember how long the LRD was for this time I was concerned as thought it was for 4weeks. Injection? I forgot about that do you have to inject yourself? Is this the injection we need every three months?
Xxx

Bling Babe

Hi bling babe
Thank you I couldn’t remember how long the LRD was for this time I was concerned as thought it was for 4weeks. Injection? I forgot about that do you have to inject yourself? Is this the injection we need every three months?
Xxx
Hiya, no it’s blood thinners on the for 2 weeks, the B12 is every 3 months, my first one was given in recovery (a very rude awakening!!) xx

Sarnie

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for your lovely replies.

I received my pre op letter this morning for 8th August eek! Still can’t believe it’s happening. Hopefully all will be ok with the bloods and I pass the final stage.

Xx
Congratulations on getting your date and so close too. How exciting for you xx

Maria61

Hi bling babe
Xxx
Good luck to you. It is all A’s Bling says. I am a dab hand at doing the injections and did a couple for Bling. I am nearly a year out from bypass and it is the best thing I have ever done. Xxxxx

Bling Babe

Lol nurse Maria xx

loz1310

Hiya, no it’s blood thinners on the for 2 weeks, the B12 is every 3 months, my first one was given in recovery (a very rude awakening!!) xx
Hi Bling babe,

Morning Bling Ba
Good luck to you. It is all A’s Bling says. I am a dab hand at doing the injections and did a couple for Bling. I am nearly a year out from bypass and it is the best thing I have ever done. Xxxxx
thank you.

How often do we need to have the injections for? I have loads of questions sorry. When I go to my pre op assessment I’m sure they will tell me everything but I probably won’t take it all in lol.
How long does the pre assessment take and how long is recovery?
I still can’t believe it’s only a few weeks away

Xx

Ian2Big

hi @loz1310 ,
Great news, I know it is quite a shock when the letter arrives.
Sure my pre assessment was about 1 hour, might be nearer 90 mins. Then they sent me to get another ECG, bloods and pick up meds from the hospital pharmacy. They will tell you everything you need to know at the meeting. They should give you a document with most of the things in case you can't remember them.
Injections of blood thinner is evening before surgery, the morning of surgery and then one a day for 14 days after leaving hospital.
Recovery depends on lots of factors, everyone is different, I would say just listen to your body.
Ian

Bling Babe

Hi Bling babe,

Morning Bling Ba

thank you.

How often do we need to have the injections for? I have loads of questions sorry. When I go to my pre op assessment I’m sure they will tell me everything but I probably won’t take it all in lol.
How long does the pre assessment take and how long is recovery?
I still can’t believe it’s only a few weeks away

Xx
It’s fne to ask questions I wAs the same, injections are for 2 weeks, pre-op was only about an hour but had to wait 2 hours for my bloods and prescription xx

Sarnie

I’m so upset today. I went and had my pre obs done weds and was given all my meds in preparation for my op. Only to come home and discover the bag I put them in has been thrown in the black bin which got emptied today. I’m in tears I can’t believe it and of course my husband and his son can’t remember who done it. Tried calling the hospital but obviously they are not there. I’m a mess do you think they will give me them again?

X
Oh no! Phone your GP and ask their advice, maybe they can help you out x

loz1310

Oh no! Phone your GP and ask their advice, maybe they can help you out x
We found them. He moved them but couldn't remember where he'd put them. I had to laugh because he said he saved them from going in the bin lol. At least I can now start preparing myself :)