• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So....This IS IT!!

Ana_RW

I never knew about Ketosis!

My surgery is on 25/06/12 I was told this late morning of 11/06/12 so couldnt start the pre-op diet untill 12/06/12. So 5 days in on the milk choice of the pre ops.
4 pints of semi-skimmed milk - I'm using the 1% fat milk orange label
2 pints water - more or less
1 salty drink - alternate between stock cubes and bovril
Extra allowances - 3 pieces of sugar free gum

I had a headache Wednesday that went off in a few hours after taking couple of ibuprofen. I've been swimming and felt really fatigued - I put that down to little calorie intake. My bowl movement has been lose but not diarrhoea
Thursday night I felt really really sick, I thought was just tiredness as I had been on the go all day and went to bingo in the evening but it continued onto friday morning untill I actually was sick - was nothing there to bring up :( asked nutritionist at meeting is this normal she said maybe some is because not used to a lot of milk but if persists to change diet.
Today I've not been "hungry" I've still got 2pints of milk left to have I am starting to feel a bit sick now - maybe tired?
I haven't noticed any symptoms of Ketosis though like I have been reading? My breath's getting a bit wiffy lol started taste not very nice this evening either. Also for the last couple of days the roof of my mouth at the back the soft bit aches quite a bit, not terribly but noticeably.
Im not worried as such maybe slightly concerned because I'm only doing the pre op diet for 13days!
Any advice greatly appreciated :D
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The first I heard bout ketosis was on here after my op bout 6 or 7 months on when i found this site, neva heard of it till then but people on here talk bout it all tha time. xx good luck with ur op xx

Hi
The fact that you have stopped feeling hungry and have bad breath suggests your in ketosis, so your doing everything right so keep it up. The pain in your soft palette could be to do with you vomiting.
Xx
W

Your doing fine, I only did the pre op diet for 10 days and it worked great thats all Sunderland ask you to do it for. Its normal to be a bit concerned. Good Luck with ur op x

I've been havie been having the same symptoms! Different pre op tho! It's normal! This is day 14 for me! I fly to Brussels 2day eeek op 2moz x

Thanks everyone!

Could u of built up an intolerance to milk try loctose free for a day and c how u feel

Hi Mimi, I've been having a lot more water today and that seems to have helped a lot! Maybe I wasn't getting enough fluid? Aside the milk that is lol

Glad your feeling better start my pre op soon being banded on 2nd July .
Love this forum site lots of advice and tips to use and support .

Oooo exciting stuff! DO you know what pre op diet your going for?
I know now I'm in the swing of it so to speak I love it, I have been on another site since my journey began but its american based and to have contact with people from the same place as me makes it so much better, as lovely as they all are the american system is so different. Best of luck for your date and a speedy recovery too! x

You too I'll probably b on the milk diet as I love my loctose milk it really helps talking to other people on this site I'm having my band done at dolan park I live in Lincoln.

Milk Pre-Op diet

Just another quickie does anyone know if on the milk diet you are allowed more than one salty drink? I mean I can always telephone Homerton tomorrow but thought I'd ask anyway lol, tell me if I'm getting annoying haha!

Temptations......Temptations....Milk.....Oxo!

Ah what a few days it has been, My pre op liquid diet started so well, I wasn't phased by food at all. Sunday gets here and BAM! I can smell food everywhere and i WANT it. I have still persevered and not given in once. I licked my finger the other night after doing the kids dinner; I placed a juicy burger on a plate and natural reaction was to lick the grease off, I licked and immediately was like S**tttttt (excuse the profanity) but, of course that's not going to damage anything lol. Then today doing my daughters dinner (my son has dinner at nursery Monday & Tuesdays) I nearly so nearly nearly popped a teenie piece of cheese in my mouth but stopped just before it touched my lips! Lol dear me I have never been so aware of food. I'm presuming its a good thing! I'm more aware so able to control. All good :p

Tonight was a first for me! I went swimming alone! It felt good! I worked much harder than what I do when I'm with my mum, I dont know what the difference was but I worked hard, tired now but to be expected - I will sleep well tonight.

More temptations! I picked my brother up from work after swimming - the pool is near his work and he lives near me. He came out of work hungry and he works right by KFC drive thru!! I knew that's what he was after so I offered to take him. Initially the smell was killing me, my brother is a wind up and ALWAYS has been, we're always at each other! So he was winding me up, it lasted all of about 5 minutes or so until I slammed on the breaks (I made sure it was safe to do so) and went watch it don't drop it! Lol he soon stopped.

The deal was this evening I would go swimming and hubby could order a pizza and watch England game alone and not feel guilty about eating pizza infront of me. I phoned him when I left the pool to check he had eaten but oh no! He was just about to order! Jeeze! I was not a happy bunny but hey ho the game took priority...as did the beers. I got in and its lucky I'm not a lover of pizza, the smell was mighty strong but I had my last glass of milk and boiled the kettle for my oxo cube "soup" and jumped online this has satisfied me so I am saved lol :D

Bought my last bits and pieces for my hospital bag today, cant wait! 6 sleeps and I'm there! Whoooooo

Best wishes & love to all

It's hard with all that temptation. Keep at it girl!

Thanks bellydancer!!

Muttley it's just lucky my brother and I are close enough to do such things to one another lol
X x

I'm just saying, if you did find that you have to murder him, no jury of your peers (others who have done the milk pre-op diet) would find you guilty. Just saying...

Sounds like you're doing great! Temptation everywhere and you're surviving! Well done :)

Oh wow what will power you have, don't think I could be so strong!
I've already told my other half that he'll have to cook for himself and our youngest when I'm on the milk diet while I disappear upstairs to hide from temptation!
Lots and lots of luck for your op and just think you'll be on that losers bench before you know it!

Back