• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So....This IS IT!!

Thanks Mazza! I think I will do as writing has helped me a lot over the last past months and I'm sure it will in the time to come! xx

I'm the same as you, absolutely hate doctors/hospitals etc. so that part of it worried me almost more than the the surgery itself but I found the experience to be very different than previous hospital visits, for starters I think you get respect for wanting to make positive changes in your life plus these doctors and nurses you will be seeing are trained to deal with people in our situation. They understand the feelings and nerves you will be having as they have seen it all. I know we obviously at different hospitals but from what I've heard everyone feels similar and has quite a positive experience when it came to the hospital and staff. I know I did, so try not to worry about that part of it, I'm sure you will be in very good hands. 3 days until your new life starts! :) x

Thanks Shelley, I must admit the team that I have already have had meetings/appointments and groups sessions with have all be amazing and made me feel welcomed and happy and comfortable. I think It's slowly beginning to sink in just exactly what I am about to do lol x

I think you are doing very well if this is your first flutter of nerves! My bottom twitches a little every time I read the posts on here, but that may just be me and this high fibre diet...

"My bottom twitches a little every time I read the posts on here, but that may just be me and this high fibre diet"

:8855: I actually lol'd!
Thankyooo :)

Last edited:
Second thoughts?

So everything has been going well - no problems on the pre op milk diet aside the constipation (sorry tmi) gave into the fybogel today yuukk!:jelous:

This morning me and hubby were having cuddles while the kids were stil asleep - must be a blue moon tonight, and I could hear in his breathing that he was upset. So I asked what was wrong and he buried his face saying nothing - I know this is serious. He got quite upset and emotional saying he doesn't want me to have surgery on monday!!:confused::cry::sigh::(

It's not that he DOESN'T want me to have surgery he's just scared and worried incase something happens. He was getting himself in such a state telling me how much he loves me and he's sorry for things that ever upset me and that if he lost me then he doesn't know what he'd do over and over. I calmed him down and tried to joke saying he's a big softy at heart that everything will be ok and that he's more worried than me.
After talking about the positives and discussing plans for post op and about how good i'll feel and hopefully look not to mention health benefits etc he calmed some more. I also explained the dangers if i I carried on as I am and the illnesses that could burden us. He tried the "but you've lost so much already just stick at it" I explained it's not that easy - having a goal like surgery and being under the hospital for weight loss is so much easier, well not easier but it keeps you focused and more determined - if I was doing the diet off of my own back as soon as I sts or stalled that would be it I'd get fed up and got back to square -2: put all I lost back on plus more!

Anyway after a heart to heart and he calmed down he went off to work leaving me in my own thoughts.
What do I do? Of course I've been worried about the risks, who wouldn't be but, the outcome is so good. I do want this, really want this but, I dont want to leave my children motherless or leave my hubby heart broken. My way of thinking is I've kept to every instruction pre-op weight loss targets met, gave up smoking on and off but seriously the last 6-7 weeks, been exercising 3 times a week pushing myself this last month and I will do the same post-op I will follow everything by the book, I promise myself and my family.
Part of me wishes it was next week already then I'd be sitting here writing something totally different. Aaaahhhh! Why isn't it easy :confused::(

These are last minute wobbles that everyone gets and it's all part of the ride! Stay string and you'll be on the losing side before you know it. Hell soon change his mind when you're strutting in size 12s!!! :) x

Im not being cruel(cos I have been there!)but at your weight there is more of a chance that he will lose you "naturally"than if you have surgery.You are young and have all your life ahead of you playing,running,swimming,enjoying being the mum/wife/woman you have always wanted to be.Dont think twice hun you will be fine do as the docs say and you will be fine.im not saying its a breeze cos in all honesty post op you will thave second thought again we all do.Its hard to get used to eating differently but boy the rewards are fantastic!Maz x

I had all the same thoughts last week huni it's natural the thought of not seeing my kids grow up was terrifying. And I lay on the operating table thinking I cd stop this rite now I don't need to do this bla bla bla! But I want to b an active mum as well as a confident one. 3hrs later it was all over! Now I'm back home n healing. I no ul b wishing it was this time next week. But honestly it will go by sooo quickly. Go out n do sumthing fun with the kids 2take ur mind off things.

Good luck on Monday. But I'm sure ul b fine and in fantastic hands xxxx

Thanks ladies! Makes me feel so much better airing out my worries on here. It's definitely what I want, and like we all know and say its a higher risk being big and overweight. I guess it is just nerves :rolleyes:

It's completely natural to feel this way, I know I did, especially in that last few days. Your husband is bound to be worried, my family was too but it's time for him to be strong now because the two of you want what is best for your future - a healthier, happier you that will be there for him and the kids for years to come. When the worries creep in, think about where you will be in a 6 months from now? probably running around with your family, trying on lovely outfits for a new years eve party, planning a holiday etc. Those thoughts will keep you all going because your getting healthy won't just be great for you but all those around you :) x

Thanks Shelley! Really lovely words there, and i will keep them with me x

Your husbands concerns are understandable and perfectly natural. I'm sure all our loved ones shared the very same fears as our operations got nearer, they don't want to lose us and feel helpless. All you can do is reassure him that your team are vastly skilled and experienced, they have made a clinical assessment of your case, evaluated the risks and are happy to proceed.

A few days from now you'll be through this and ready to embark on what will be the greatest adventure of your new life and what's more you will do it together as a family. They will be able to share your new life with a healthier slimmer more energetic wife and mother and all embrace the joys that this will bring

A few months from now when your clothes are being replaced faster than Next can supply them and people are telling you how fantastic you look you will all look back at this time and wonder what you ever worried about. Tell him to get ready to hold on tight because your new lives together will be the most thrilling you could ever imagine

It will be fine trust me, and a few days of nerves are a cheap price to pay for the joy your family is going to share. Good luck xxx

You know the answer to this.

1) You know if you don't do it you'll not live long enough to become a burden to your children / grand children. And we are all obliged to do that.

2) This is not some whim, you have been thinking / talking / actioning this for months - years! And FFS you've had 2 weeks of a milk diet!

3) Tell your hubby to strap on a pair or you won't braid his hair anymore whilst spooning on the sofa.

::sits back and waits to be banned from the site::

Ah Muttley! You always know what to say! I dont think there's a post from you that's not made me laugh in some way! Thankyou:D

Your husbands concerns are understandable and perfectly natural. I'm sure all our loved ones shared the very same fears as our operations got nearer, they don't want to lose us and feel helpless. All you can do is reassure him that your team are vastly skilled and experienced, they have made a clinical assessment of your case, evaluated the risks and are happy to proceed.

A few days from now you'll be through this and ready to embark on what will be the greatest adventure of your new life and what's more you will do it together as a family. They will be able to share your new life with a healthier slimmer more energetic wife and mother and all embrace the joys that this will bring

A few months from now when your clothes are being replaced faster than Next can supply them and people are telling you how fantastic you look you will all look back at this time and wonder what you ever worried about. Tell him to get ready to hold on tight because your new lives together will be the most thrilling you could ever imagine

It will be fine trust me, and a few days of nerves are a cheap price to pay for the joy your family is going to share. Good luck xxx

Thanks so much Karlos! It makes me feel so much better with such kind words xx

Back