• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So....This IS IT!!

Very close there I must say! lol

Oh my gosh I'm so nervous also. I'm on the ten day fast I cheated yesterday what if they don't let me have the surgery!!! I'm so scaired surgery is on Thursday

darling i'm having second thoughts now, a little late i know but i know its just the reallity setting in, this surgery is a massive life change and their are risks, but they are the same for any surgery, you will be fine and you and your whole family will be better for it in 6 months time, i dont think you realise how quick your life will turn around, happiness is just around the corner, ride out the next few weeks and ur there xx

Thanks Stu! After today's happenings I am determined again now lol, untill tomorrow perhaps! How are you feeling now? Aside from the delayed second thinkng ;) did you get home on day 2 or stay in for 3? Cannot believe this time the day after tomorrow I should be done and on my way to the new me! x

My other half is feeling much the same and as I don't have an op date yet I'm guessing it's just going to get worse....But as lots of other people have said here, the benefits you'll gain health wise far out weigh the risks.
At my group session we were told there's more risk of something going wrong having your tonsils out than having bariatric surgery!
Em xxxx

Ana, best wishes for the operation, your a person that's not afraid to air there private thoughts your also an insperstion to me on this journey.

I can't advise you all I hope that you follow your feelings and do what you want!!

Best wishes Friend, good luck and keep us posted after Monday, Terry

came home day 3, still got somr pain at pouch but minimal im not taking painkillers anymore, small piece of advice take the milpar as i went for a poo yesterday and although crude info i spent the rst of the day in pain as i felt like i had ripped my insides lol, sorry for too much info but be aware x

good luck tomorrow :)i haven't seen you've changed you're mind so best wishes and you're hubby is going to be so proud of you even more than he is now xx

Thanks all so much:D
Em that's comforting to know as I never knew that about tonsils lol.
Stu dont worry about TMI thanks for the heads up I will definitely keep it with me.
Terry thankyou! Your words are so kind. Writing has helped me a lot these last month - instead of turning to food when something has happened I have posted - it's much better lol.
Thankyou angie I certainly have not changed my mind - although nervous I am ready.
Thanks everyone - the support on here is humbling xx

Oh my gosh I'm so nervous also. I'm on the ten day fast I cheated yesterday what if they don't let me have the surgery!!! I'm so scaired surgery is on Thursday

Natalie I'm sure you will be fine hun, dont punish yourself. As long as you have stuck to it majority of the time you will be fine. Is it this thursday as in the 28th? exciting stuff! You'l soon be there x

I couldn't get the red arrows, sorry. BUT! A blue bottle fly may land on your hubbies bbq sausage (ooh err misses).

Lol you you you!! I'm sure if there was a sausage about it would have been somewhat entertaining to see such an artist of the sky land on it - for me at least lol.x

Just an update for everyone:
Actually, and this is probably a bit harsh but I was over the moon, my mums partners family didnt show because of the weather. Although I'm sure it was because my mum must've realised what she attempted to put me through and postponed it.
It ended up just me, hubby and the two kiddies and mum and her partner. We had tea and she put out little nibbles. Surprisingly they got me a very thoughtful present - a keep sake album and a lovely card - which was full of such lovely things I burst into tears lol.
So mum obviously does care, maybe she's a bit naive in her planning but I've seen her hearts in the right place. She got a bit tearful when me and hubby left and demanded I text as soon as I wake up lol.
So all in all it went in my favour!

My last night as a "Pre-opper". I feel a twang of emotion as I close one chapter of my life and enter another. :wave_cry:
I'm not nervous at the moment, I feel calm and reserved and prepared. Maybe I'm still in disbelief?
I've had a lovely day really. Hubby's brother and his family paid us a surprise visit along with hubby's dad. They got me a card with lovely words written - i welled up but held the tears back and a lovely bunch of flowers. I felt happy and admired once they had left. Then it was time to go of to mums with the kids. It wasn't as bad as I had preempted. The BBQ didn't happen to my relief and it was just my family and my mum and her partner. We had tea and mum put nibbles out. We then went over to the park for about an hour while the weather was clear and the sun peaked out. We had a bit of a giggle actually, which was great. Mum and her partner got me a lovely present - a keep sake album for my progress. Really cute novelty style album in a tin case - I love it and it's just what I was after. They got me a lovely keep sake card with a mini "Be Strong" keyring attached. The words written inside were beautiful I couldn't hold back the tears and out they came lol. I felt much better after. We left mums about 5:30pm. The kids were fine and promised to be good, my daughter even said "goodbye fat tum tum" lol which was cute. I will miss them so much over the next 3 days.

I packed my bag this morning, I've probably packed far too much but, better too much than not enough in my opinion. Hubby is more nervous than me! I just want it to be this time tomorrow then the worry will be over.

I thought I would have more to say but, that's it really. I'm going to finish my milk off and have my hot salty drink before getting an early night.

I'd like to thank everyone for all your words of support and encouragement. I really couldn't have done it without you! :grouphugg:

So move up on that losers bench and polish up that spot for me, I'm on my way! xxxx:talk017::party0019::553:

Good luck Ana :) xxx

I was really calm when it came down to it, you know you've made the right choice and it's finally time for it to happen. Good luck for tomorrow, hope it's nice and quick, your recovery too. You'll be fine, the bench is ready and waiting :) x

Well Ana, If you ask me, your day has been Perfect Hun. Good luck for the operation x

sounds perfect to me, how nice of them to get you the keepsakes. You're obviously ready and in the zone.....I shan't wish you luck as you won't need it :) just enjoy the journey! And remember to take it easy once back with us :) xx

Back