• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spatz balloon

Hi tandydadder, thanks, I saw Shelley today she was coming out of Neucleus as I was going in, she looked a littler washed out from the sedation but all went well, hopefully she'll let us know how she's getting on shortly, hope all is ok with you, and the preparations going well for your holiday.
I'm off to Rome in 2 weeks time with 3 friends from work and our partners, but it's ok cause they know about the balloon so I wont have to worry. The only thing I got to worry about is how much weight I will put on with a week of eating and drinking!! I'll have to walk my short legs around Rome at every chance lol x

Hi you guys

I've read this thread with much interest! I'm having the 6month balloon inserted on 3rd oct - getting nervous now! I'd seen needtolose4stone's story over on another forum, + was waiting to read further posts on there, but now I've found where it's really happening!
tandydadder, I'm in N. Ireland too:), + I'm having the procedure through NOSC, operating through a Hillsborough, Co.Down clinic. I would have loved the Spatz balloon, but was scared stiff of flying right after the insertion, to be honest, (I'm a wimp!). So I'm settling for the 6month option + hoping it does the job.
I'm sitting at around 14st 10lb right now, + completely fed up with being this size. Losing 4st would be wonderful, any more would be a bonus.
Hope all is well with you all.
Lins
;)

Well hello ladies!! firstly Nicola thanks for being so supportive via txt for the past week its been so helpful. and Secondly i've done it!!!!! i am officially a ballooner haha.

so i had the procedure, everyone at Nucleus are soooooo nice and caring. so i set off at 11am from luton and took the three hour journey to Newport south Wales with my friend Vel who kindly said she's come with me and drive me home. We arrived in good time at about 1.45pm, my procedure was due at 3pm. I was met by karen the loveliest nurse and she led me through to my gorgeous private room, and went through all checks and paperwork etc. I was then led down to the procedure at around 3.10pm, i was very nervous at that point, worried that i would be totally aware of what was happening as i dont like the thought of an endoscopy, however i was reassured and given a canula (needle in arm to allow intravenous drugs to be put into the vein) i was then heavily sedated, however i did wake briefly towards the end of the procedure and opened my eyes i remember starting to gag slightly and then the doctor said give her two more, to which the other doc said i only have one (to which i thought oh no!!) and then i was away with the fairies again, and when i woke up next i was in the delivery room. i slept for about half hour and then was discharged (they dont normally rush patients but they were aware i had such a long journey and sickness kicks in within 4/5hours so i needed to get home). i wasnt sick for the journey,still drowsy so i slept mostly but did feel very sick and bloated. the sickness then came that night and oh boy on thursday morning i was feeling TERRIBLE, and i did think what have i done?? i also felt terrible on Friday too, but was last sick at 11pm on Friday night. Saturday was slightly better however i did feel pretty crap still, i managed to get downstairs for the x factor, i sprawled across the sofa with my big duvet!! sunday was a turning point i felt marginally better, the sickness feeling was quite less fullon. Monday was a much better day, just feeling very weak, and yesterday tried to start doing things around the house. today felt almost normal and ventured into town and to the park with my son. Am eating meals now, healthy of course!

and my total weightloss for the week is.......10lbs!! so happy.

xxxxx

hi guys any updates really enjoyed your threads loads of imfo! am going to look into nucleus! please update so we know how you have got on heard a few bad things bout spatz balloons so would luv any imfo xx

Hi, I had my balloon in nucleus and have found them to be helpful and supportive, although I gotto say haven't heard much from the dietitian and think the nurses could do a better job with downloads from the Internet.
I have lost just over 4 stone and gone from a size 22/24 to 14/16 in the year and am so pleased, I know there are some on this site who haven't been successful with the balloon but it has worked for me
You have to remember it is only a tool and won't do the work for you. I do feel restriction when I eat and if I ate too much I felt so uncomfortable after, it has taught me portion control and to eat healthier options, I now eat little and often although will have a regular sized meal but don't eat much then for the rest of the day.
When I had this done my head was in the right place, going under the knife is not an option for me so this is my last chance of success so maybe that has influenced my success?

thankyou for replying that great you have done so well!! im currently at the heaviest i have ever been and feel terrible never felt like this before and cant afford to get a loan for the procedure as the repayments are to much really! so am going to save and try for the nhs so either way i will do it eventually but not in the near future like i wanted!! have you had the balloon out yet? if so how was that experience? what kind of exercise have you been doing with watchingyour food intake? sorry to ask lots of questions!:) xxx

getting my balloon 26/8!! so excited! couldve had it earlier but as my dad is paying...i cant rush him with the money right now! lol, i'd feel bad demanding it now, and he thinks i should get any wanting to eat crap out f my system..although i dont agree as ill put more on!

but im so excited to feel full and have goals etc, so hard doing it alone! i could have a bowl of salad...plus 3 more helpings wth dollops of mayo as i hate dried food!

im just scared of the days after the balloon =o

Back