• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spatz balloon

Hiya, good luck on Tuesday I'll be thinking of you.
It's been 7 weeks and a loss of 26lbs nearly 2 stone but it would've been more had I been exercising more. Just find it so hard at the moment with my shifts but that's a pattern I gotto learn to change. Going to start swimming next week, eek, that won't be a pretty sight but I'm going to bite the bullet and make the effort.
As for eating, my main meals are eaten from a tea plate, on a average day I have;

About 3pm= breakfast, either 1 weetabix or a slimfast drink ( only just getting used to eating breakfast)
19.30 vegetarian sausage/ fillets with veg on tea plate
1am chicken breast, egg salad, tea plate size
5am= either 2 Rivita with dairylee light or a small pot of ambrosia cream rice
9am back to bed to star all over again

I'm not veggie but I try to have a high protein low carb diet so veggie " meat " falls nicely into this. You do fill up quickly but I found the best to eat little and often and it doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

It was difficult when I was away on the weekend as nobody knew I had it done, this I found to be the worse, I wish I had told them all in the beginning. You could see they were wondering how 2 drinks lasted me the night when I would've normally had about 10!!! But you can't drink like you used too, I suppose you could push it and either eat/drink too much but then I suppose you'd be sick and I had enough of that in the first week!
Let us know how you get on, they are all so nice in newport x

wow thats an excellent weight loss so do you feel really full after eating small amounts? do you still want to eat loads of crap? i'm calling them first thing tomorrow and hopefully they can fit me in on tuesday!! will give you an update soon. do either of you have fb maybe we could add each other and keep updated with progress?x

hello ladies!! well i return with amazing news!!!!!! i am so so happy, my bf got accepted for finance so i have the op next wednesday the 21st sept!! how very soon. im over the moon hopefully i have a good weightloss like you and could possibly be two stone lighter in 8 weeks. can i ask nicola what your atarting weight was?mine will be 16.7stone x

Amazing news,?, I'll be there on the 21st but not until 5pm for weighing but you'll prob be gone by then, what time you having it done?
Starting weight was 16.6 stones, and I'm only 5ft 2, ouch did you have to make me say that out loud lol
I am on face book, Nicola Willis, photo is currently t-shirt with " I carried a water melon " on it from my little trip to see dirty dancing, just remember that no-one knows on Facebook so you'll have to private message me anything about the balloon
Just be prepared to be sick as a dog the first week, they do tell you, you'll be sick but you can't imagine how much to begin with while the balloon get accepted by your body, although I have spoken to a couple of people in the support group who weren't that sick so maybe you'll be lucky, make sure you take a sick bucket with you for the journey home, and if they offer you anti sickness medication before you leave I would take it x

my procedure isnt until 3pm so i may see you there!?! i have looked on facebook but cant find you, can you add me Shelley Morris, i have a pic of my son who has blonde hair. yes i havent told anyone on fb only my bf, sister and 3 friends know i'm having it done and i dont plan on telling anyone else. i am so excited!! do you go to weight in weekly? i assume u live in/near Newport?
I am prepared for the sickness ,had 20weeks of awful sickness with my son when i was pregnant so i think i can handle one week however not looking forward to it and also worried about my tummy beinbg sore? also did the Dr advise you of the possibility of not being able to do the precedure i really hope it all works out ok. i will take the antisickness as i will have a 3hour journey home :( not looking forward to that, my friend wil be driving though im going to take pillows and a blanket so i can sleep or relax xx

Added 3 shelly morris's lol no picture of a blonde boy so added all the blocked photo ones, hopefully one will be you,
I'll pop down to the ward next week and see if your still there just to say hiya, I live in Wales approx 40-45 mins away from Newport. going fortnightly at present to be weighed, I haven't gotto go but I suppose it keeps me motivated, plus it's nice to know they are there if I need them. Nurses are lovely and really encouraging.
He did say there's a chance he might not be able to do it, depends if there's a bad ulcer there, they normal treat it and then do procedure, 2 women in support group had ulcers but he managed to do it for them on the day.
You shouldn't have any abdo pain, I was just uncomfortable when trying to lay on my right hand side for the first week but didn't even need paracetamol.

Nicola you spelt my name wrong!! its Shelley Morris, shelley spelt with two E's hehe. easy mistake to make. i think i have a private profile but have my pic showing.

Oh yes that would be nice if your there i am so excited but also so nervous i just want everything to go well.

I'm also worried that i will have spent £5000 and it wont work!! i am going to be really focused with diet from day 1 and then as i lose weight i am going to start with minimal excecise then increase it as i lose weight.

Tandydadder are you definately going to have the balloon in january?xx

Totally!! Going to Marbella in 2 weeks. Had to order clothes in a size 22. All my friends are size 8-10. So tired of being the fat friend. Some of the 22's are tight, so doing a VLCD for the next two weeks. Also being whiter than White re catalogue payments etc - worried bout the credit thing! I know I need help - but don't want surgery. I've had surgery on 3 occasions coz I needed it, and I had complications each time, despite having experienced surgeons. Too scared! I might do the credit thing first - don't want to fly to Wales, only to be turned down. Xo

Hi Shelley, omg there are so many shelley morris's on facebook, i've added a few with blonde haired children in their pics, please go on facebook and see if i've managed to identify you, feel like a sheleey morris stalker now lol. failing that you'll have to let me know what day you will go on face book and i'll make my profile open to everyone for that day so you can identify me. less than 1 week now until your B-Day ( balloon day :)) it's a day after my birthday, so i'm going to be naughty this weekend within reason of course.

hi tandydadder, so do you think you have bad credit? if you do and want to be sure if you will get accepted for credit go onto experian and do a 30day free trial, you can get your credit report and also a credit score. if you have a score of over 850 you you will highly likely to get credit and if you have a score of over 900 you are more or less guaranteed to get the credit as you will considered as a excellent riskto lenders. i know what you mena about complications with surgery thats what put me off the band as i had my appendix out in 2007 which requires a 3 night stay and ended up being in hospital for 9 weeks full of many complications!! so the endoscopy sounds good to me and im assure that i wont remmeber a thing.

Nicola - you didnt remember anything did you? thats the only thing im nervous for really.
and oh no really are there that many Shelley Morris's!! i hsve tried looking again,what colour is your top and what colour is your hair? make sure people can view your photo, mine is showing, my son looks quite girlies but its a face pic of him with blue eyes n blonde hair xx

tandydadder - i also know how you feel about being the fat friend my two best mates are super gorgeous and slim as is my sister and my other friends are slimmer than me and all absolutely gorgeous too so its really annoying, god damn them being so slim hehe no i love them all loads and can hinestly say im not jealous,just envious as it used to be slim myself i just want to be the old me again, coz the current me is a pile of poo!! what you going to Marbella for? a special occasion? what vlcd u doing?cambridge? i have done those they are yukky i couldnt tolerate them however i did lose a stone in four weeks but couldnt manage more than that on them.

do you mind me asking your ages? i'm 23 xx

Hi Shelley just changed my profile pic on Facebook as me in my scuba diving setup approx 20mtrs under the sea so that should make it easier to identify me, also just making my profile open for anyone to see x

Hiya! I'm 40. There's a few of us in work turned 40 this year so we're having a girlie week away to celebrate. Credit rating to date has been ok - it's just that recently Hubby and I have bought A LOT on credit - furniture etc. Think there's a limit given the clamp down on debt, and the new 'sensible lending' culture.....

yes of course with the recession noone is lending huge amounts however these finance companies need us to exist and continue good business so they have to keep giving whereas the banks on the other hand have more control. anyway. so are you looking forward to the holiday? you will have to let me know what its like, its supposed to be amazing xx

Back