• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spatz balloon

Yes needtoloose4stone keep us updated on your journey.
Had weight in clinic today, lost 3lbs this week whoop whoop that's a total of 21lb in 5 weeks, feeling much better about myself, this seems to be working for me, portion control is everything x

OMG where do you live that it took that long for the pack to get there,
Are you going to stay in cheap accommodation for a couple of days or going back home the same day,
Just worried cause most of the people that I've spoken to have been very sick for at least the first couple of days, although in the support group I spoke to a lady who had hers done in the last 3 days and she felt fine, so hopefully you'll be fine, good luck on your weight loss x

I live in n.Ireland Nicola. I'm trying to be realistic when I aim for January. I have a girlie holiday in October and am going to hamburg in december - don't wanna sabotage myself before I even begin. It's a lot of money and a last resort. Ive known these events are coming up so I'm planning around them. Have made a wee countdown calendar too so I stay focused. It's nice to know I'm on the final furlong though.... Just need to arrange flights. I don't want anyone to know, so hubbys coming with me under the auspices of a romantic break. (I wish lol! Can't imagine I'll be feeling frisky that night!!). Keep me posted on how you get on. Xo

Shame they don't do it closer to home for you,
I can assure you that friskiness will be the last thing on your mind, so poor hubby is going on a "romantic break" with no romance lol never mind you could treat him the following week ?

hello nicola and tandydadder, sorry about not keeping in contact, yes i recieved my pack within two days and have an appt on friday so i'm going to be driving the 3 hour journey across to Wales! however i'm extremely worried that i wont pass the credit check! i have no huge debts just an overdraft and account with Next!! i pay my bills on time and have no ccj's etc but for some reason on experion my credit rating is considered to be low, i dont know why this is so im now so worried that i will be declined, if i am i will be devasted, i am taking a friend and she has offered to to do it for me if im declined but im not sure if they will allow that. if all is accepted i will be having the procedure on the 6th i think!! i'm just banking my whole life on the fact that i can get the finance i will be so so dissapoijted if i get declined :(

nicola how much have you lost now? 13lbs in 3 weeks thats amazing!! and tandydadder i'm excited for you to be planning it for january i think we should all keep in contact xx

Hiya, yes we should stay in touch, not many people on here having the Spatz, it's good to talk to some people that are going through the same things.
Weighed last week and have lost 21lbs in 5weeks but it the time of the month this week so prob won't lose anything. Not weighing until next week so hopefully a couple more pound will come off. I must admit I was a little despondent with my weight loss when reading how much other people on this site had lost, but when I compared it our lose is about the same, with the added bonus of not having major surgery. Plus this way is really re-educating my stomach and brain into eating little and often, have had Chinese, been to the chippy, cake etc but in much smaller portions so don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
My main problem is finding time to exercise especially after nights, need to try and organise that part better and I'd probably lose more weight.
Hope all goes well for you regarding finance, got my fingers crossed.
The first few days are hard with the vomiting and you do think what have I done, should I get it out, but if you can just get through that part you'll be fine x

Nicola, that's a great loss! Do you work shifts? I work night duty too. I know what you mean about weight loss - the fast weight loss some people get makes surgery appealing - I leaned towards the sleeve for a while, but after reading a few horror stories, the Spatz is the way I want to go. Glad it's still going so well for you! Xo

heya well done on the weight loss, i have heard some stories about it just not working! however i dont see how this is possible as surely they wouldnt be able to advertise a product for such a high price that had a big risk of not working! only two days to go so im excited but nervous xx

Hi both, yes I work nights or lates ( 16.30-3am) so my shift pattern is not very sociable. Plus also have difficulty fitting in the food at the allocated times by my dietitian so just work as close to the plan as I can.
I to was loosely looking at surgery until my sister in law had a gastric bypass abroad, she went from a size 30 to 6 and that's still with excess skin, she's back and fore hospital with adhesions and gone from a happy person to the most miserable person I know.
The balloon is a tool to help re-educate us in our eating habits and not the answer to everything. I suppose if I pushed it I could eat a large meal and it would get in my stomach around the balloon but the fear of being sick helps me with my portion sizes. I think that's where some people have failed is that they think it does it all for you and they don't have to do a thing and don't even try to change their eating habits. Plus with the Spatz they can adjust the size of the balloon if you feel it needs filling.
Fingers still crossed for friday ?

well unfortunately i got declined :( my credit score is low as i have moved house twice in two year as i rent! i moved out of my mums after living there forever in nov2009, then moved again in may 2011 but only next door as the house is bigger!! but this adversly affects your rating and makes you an unreliable risk which is completely ridiculous!! i pay all my bills on time, have minimal debt, just one credit card and an account with next and littlewoods which hasnt got a huge amount on it. anyway so you neec a scroe of 800+ to be accepted and i have a score of 456. so so gutted. my sister knows how upset i am so she is in the process of telling my mum who i didnt really want to tell but am having too as she has a brilliant score and will prob get the finance approved. nuclues were so nice and understnading and said someone could do it on my behalf so hopefully my mum agrees. it was just so gutting as i drove 3 hours from luton to newport just to spend an hour there to get my hopes crushed and i even cried (which is a rare thing for me). so fingers crossed that my mummy saves the day!! god damn those stupid credit ratings they are completely stupid! someones with thousands of punds worth of debt prob has a higher rating than me! oh well i will stop ranting now.....i promise ;)

anyway how are you getting on Nicola?whats your new weightloss? what work do you do? night shifts are a nightmarte for dieting, my friend is a nurse and she struggles on a night shift as she says the only thing that keeps her awake is food!! xx

So gutting you didn't get the credit, the way they work it out is ridiculous, it's only the past couple of years that I got a credit rating cause everything went in my husbands name, and we've been married 20yrs Let's hope you can work around it.
Have not weighed since I was last in the clinic, but got a weigh in on Wednesday. Not looking foreword to it as had a blowout on the weekend, went to see the show dirty dancing so ate out this weekend and had a couple of vodka's and coke, so will have to confess all lol.
I am a nurse and work all unsocial hours, my worse shift is lates and that's from 16.30-3am. Which totally throws out my eating pattern, the dietitian has given me a time scale to try and stick to for my meal times, but the times he's given me is my busiest time so struggle with that side of it, although body shape is definitely changing as fitting comfortably into clothes I couldn't get over my hips 2 months ago. It's also done wonders for my confidence, bought a bikini for my holidays in end of November, in a smaller size to give me an goal, I would be over the moon if I could fit into it! Fingers crossed I won't have gained too much this fortnight.
Keep us updated on your progress and I hope it works out for you, so you will also feel the confidence boost it gives you. X

Have been thinking about you both..... So sorry to hear about the credit thing :(. Really hope you get something sorted. Nicola, I'm a midwife and work two nights a week - 2100 - 0800hrs. It's a nightmare coz some nites I don't even get a break coz it's so busy. Consequently got into a habit of stopping at a garage on the way home, buying rubbish, stuffing my face, then going to bed and sleeping with a full stomach - not good... Hope the wee blip hasn't had too much of a negative impact on your weightloss! Xo

Hi, well just been to the weigh in and had to confess to eating wrong times last week, like you busy in work then coming home and eating just before bed, also confessed to the weekend away and eating pizza, Chinese and of course drinking alcohol, and was dreading getting on the scales but I lost just over 4lb, whoop whoop, but I have made a promise to myself to increase my exercise regime, although I have 7 nights in a row now so not looking foreword to that!

Hi Ladies, i am going back to Newport on Tuesday with my boyfriend and he's going to apply for me as i did a credit check on him and he has a scroe of 962 out of 999 so its near onperfect!! and fingers crossed it gets accepted then i might be losing in a few weeks time!!
So Nicola you say you went out and ate chinese etc could you still eat the same portions or do you have only tiny portions and get full really quickly? what is your total weight loss so far and how many weeks has it been?i've lost track!! i hope to lose at least 2stone by christmas i think that is quite achievable. i am just so hoping my bf gets the credit.

it must be hard working nights, my friend always struggles to be good as she is a nurse too xx

Back