• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spatz balloon

I was interested in this too? Where did you get the procedure done? Did you go abroad? And well done on getting past the first week - 11lbs is amazing!! Xo

Tandydadder said:
I was interested in this too? Where did you get the procedure done? Did you go abroad? And well done on getting past the first week - 11lbs is amazing!! Xo

Had procedure done in Newport south Wales in a private clinic called Neucleus healthcare, they have options for paying via finance so it'll take me 3 years to pay for it, I'm hoping this will encourage me to keep the weight off when the balloon comes out x

Nicola, thanks for replying! Could I be really cheeky and ask what your BMI is? Mine is currently 42.... Do you think the surgeons would do the procedure with a big BMI? had originally joined this site thinking of the balloon, but there didn't seem much info on it, so had started to consider surgery... Glad it's going well for you so far. Xo

Tandydadder said:
Nicola, thanks for replying! Could I be really cheeky and ask what your BMI is? Mine is currently 42.... Do you think the surgeons would do the procedure with a big BMI? had originally joined this site thinking of the balloon, but there didn't seem much info on it, so had started to consider surgery... Glad it's going well for you so far. Xo

Bmi was 44 to start with, not sure what it is now, weighed 104.5kg and 5ft 2ins tall. They do balloon procedures on some patients with very high bmi's to help them lose weight prior to other gastric surgeries, so a bmi of 42 won't be a problem, your right there is very little on forums regarding Spatz balloons and I also toyed with the idea of surgery but opted fir this in the end as the least invasive form of surgery, and glad I did x

Good luck Nicola I hope it works well for you.xx

Hi Nicola well done on the weight loss you are right theres hardly any info online!! i have a bmi of 39, and weight 16stone, need to lose about 6 overall but would love the kickstart of around 4!! i am very interested in the spatz balloon but can i ask a very cheeky question......how much was the balloon as i cant find an answer anywhere! i would also need a finance option and have seen the nucleus website i am in Luton but would travel there, but not abroad.

How are you getting on 4 weeks in? how quickly did you have the balloon fitted after first enquiring ad i would like is ASAP xx

Hi and Welcome, Good Luck with you weight loss journey xx

needtolose4stone said:
Hi Nicola well done on the weight loss you are right theres hardly any info online!! i have a bmi of 39, and weight 16stone, need to lose about 6 overall but would love the kickstart of around 4!! i am very interested in the spatz balloon but can i ask a very cheeky question......how much was the balloon as i cant find an answer anywhere! i would also need a finance option and have seen the nucleus website i am in Luton but would travel there, but not abroad.

How are you getting on 4 weeks in? how quickly did you have the balloon fitted after first enquiring ad i would like is ASAP xx

Will answer any questions so don't be afraid to ask. Cost was £4900 ( ouch lol) they do finance there, I opted for this as I didn't have the cash up front plus I though it would give me incentive to stick to diet if still paying for it. Has an appointment with the consultant within 24hrs of ringing up. Rang Monday, appointment Tuesday, could've had procedure on the Friday but I opted to wait until my holiday leave in work in order to give myself time to recover. Doing well at the moment don't know how much I've lost cause I'm weighing on Wednesday. Portions are much smaller and definitely not as hungry as I've been on previous diets, he only wants me to lose 1kg per week and aim for 5-6 stone in the year. Anything above is a bonus ?

hi nicola yes i have been quoted that price from healthierweight, they do seem very nice. where did you have yours done? i will need a finance package defo as i havent got that much cash up front. so when did you actually have it done? i have loads of question sorry but you are the only person on this forum that i have found thats had it done as it seems very new on the weight loss procedure market!! (which does worry me slightly as they dont have years of results etc)
so when they sedate you are you really sleepy and is your throat numb enough not to have a gagging sensation when they insert the balloon? i am quite good with procedure generally,have had allsorts done whilst awake, lumberpuncture, epidural, needle into the lung to extract fluid you name it i've had it!! so can handle pain and uncomfortable procedures, i'm just worrird about gagging plus my friend has had an endoscopy before and it went completely wrong she ended up having a panic attack blablabla but she's not the best at stuff like that anyway.
anyway other questions are, how much less of an appetite do you have?
did u have an pain or doscomfort in your tummy after?
did the doctor advise you if the body rejected it would you get your money back?
hope you have a great year of weight loss!!xx

Hi needto lose4stone, thats what we are all on here for to support those that we can. I had mine done in Nucleus health care in Newport wales, they are all very nice. I had my balloon on 18th july, so still early at 3 weeks.
I remember starting to gag then the next thing i was awake in recovery and didn't get a sore throat.
I felt bloated and uncomfortable for about 1.5 weeks but feel fine now,
I was one of the unlucky ones and vomited for 8 days solid, was called back in to have my bloods checked to ensure i wasn't clinically dehydrated and needed i.v fluids but my bloods were ok, that was on the tuesday, the plan was that if the vomiting hadn't sopped i was to go back on the friday to have some fluid taken out of the balloon, but luckily the following day i just stopped vomiting instantly and was even able to eat weetabix and actimel, didn't try anything else the first day of eating.
if you are unable to tolerate the balloon they will just remove some fluid so that you are able to tolerate it. thats why they designed this balloon as some were not able to tolerate large volumes of fluid and had to have it removed. this balloon they put in nearly half the volume of water so we can tolerate it, then increase the volume in 5-6 months to give a 2nd weightloss boost. they also provide 6 months care post removal of the balloon.
appetite is much less,, if i get peckisk now i have either a small yogurt or a little pot of ambrosia cream rice, previously i would've had a large pot or 2, and 2 packets of crisps!!. I eat my main meals from a side plate now not a dinner plate.
My only concern with having the balloon ( selfish i know) was that i like to scuba dive and am going on a scuba diving holiday to the maldives in november/december and wanted to know if i could dive with it, the consultant did not know so he said not to, not wanting to miss such an amazing holiday, I then contacted the makers of the spatz balloon and every governing body and specific health providers for scuba diving accidents and all give me the thumbs up to scuba dive:D
got my weight check tonight, i didn't think i had lost any weight this week, but last night i put my jeans on and went to pull up the zip and it was already done up!! decided to try on pair of jeans i couldn't fit into last month and they fitted fine:), they say sometimes the scales stay the same but you lose inches so whatever happens tonight i know my body shape has changed,
good luck on your weightloss x

hi Nicola, that was a lot of great info and im sure it will come in handy to many7 other people that are researching the Spatz, i think its a really good thing and am massively interested i am going to call them right now!! its great when you can put some jeans back on after not fitting forever!! i have some size 10 and 12 jeans that i had when i was 18 (now 23) and i am determined to put them on to pove to myself that i can fit back in them! and hopefully the spatz will do that for me!
just one more question, do you know any more details on the finance package they offer?x

i just called them sorry i had to document it on here!!!!!!! im so excited whohoooo. they were so nice and they do a great financing option of 0% over 1,2 or 3 years. its 4950 so over 1 year it would be £412.50, 2 years it would be £206.25, and three years it would be £137.50. i think thats a great deal, i will prob go for the 2 or 3 year option. i am hoping to get it done in september sometime. i am waiting for the brochure to come through the post then i shall call and make an appt for a telephone consultation as i live so far away from wales. then the lady said i can see the dietician, dothe forms and everything including the procedure in the one day. whoohoooo im beyond excited right now xxxxx

Wow, wow, wow!!!! That's fabulous!!! Can't wait to hear how u get on. I'm aiming for January. Want to lose a bit then hopefully wotever WLS I go for will sort out the rest. Xo

Whoop whoop so happy for you, they are all very nice from reception staff, nurses, Jamie the dietitian to the consultant. I opted for the 3year finance, like I said before that will also give me the incentive to change my life style habits if I'm still paying for it, ( I need all the push I can get lol ) you'll probably have the pack tomorrow, sat at the latest. I rang at 10am and my pack was here by 10am the following day. Good luck on your weightless journey.
Went to weighing last night lost 2lb this week, but disappointed with that but they only want you to lose that amount to average 5-6 stone in the year. Been referred back to the dietitian as I'm not eating enough!!! I work shifts so having difficulty fitting 3 meals in with fruit snacks especially when my appetite is low. Jamie rang to today to get my working pattern off me to try and come up with a better plan for me so hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

well done done on the 2lbs loss, how many weeks have you had it in? whats your total loss so far?

sounds like the dietician is really helpful. do they give you a specific diet or just healthy eating in general.

i shall keep you all updated of my progress xx

It's healthy eating and he gives some recipes to help. 3 weeks in now and lost 13lb in total but haven't been exercising much at all, but that's going to change from tomorrow, new mind set has arrived lol just hope it lasts

wow 13lbs thats amazing well done! pack still not arrived hoping postie will deliver it this morning! gotta take little one to party now. keep us updated on your weight loss xx

Well dun ur doin great :)

Back