• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to get really fed up!

gentle nagging Linda you kicked their arses!!!! don't give up keep fighting hun xx

hey laydees, just got back from my consultation at a private clinic, they offered me a date in january.

I know i could fight PCT but i'm not sure i could go through it again for another no... its a lot of money and i'd have to pay it back over 25 years with my mortgage...............but it could be in by feb.

Maybe i'd work with it more if i'd paid for it myself..who knows?!?!?!?!

what do i do, my husband says he's willing to add it to mortgage but pct could change their minds and what if company i chose are cowboys?!?!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excuse moi french

I would take some time to think about it, if you reapply to the PCT you would get a decision pretty quick, if it is still no then you know you can get it done privately so either way you get it. I would be looking at why they said no first of all as that will be a good indication of what they are likely to say in the future....remember I got no and was advised to attend weight management for two years and I still got my funding....xx

Tammy lol yes I agree it might of been more than gentle nagging.....faint heart never won nothing in my world...xx

i know but the worry i have is that cos i'm only 31 and on paper i'm healthy that i've been told that even if pct said yes, i would always get "bumped" for someone with a higher need and therefore even with a yes could be waiting a couple of years!!

Lisa

P.S. I got take that tickets too wohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Got an appointment with mortgage advisor next week and if they say yes, we're going for an operation date of 27th Jan!!!!

Fingers crossed for you Lisa x

Hi Linda haven't posted on your thread for a while and just wanted to say you are doing so well = well done. On another note will there be a new cat picture soon I love it when you change them.

M

Hi Linda haven't posted on your thread for a while and just wanted to say you are doing so well = well done. On another note will there be a new cat picture soon I love it when you change them.

M

Lol...I know I should not keep favouring one cat I will have a look but have to say I love this one of charlie as he is such a pain when he is alseep he looks so cute....xx

I was having a conversation with someone about the gastric band and they told me that it only last so many years and then it needs replacing...is this true, i thought it was for life?!?!?!

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa, as far as I am aware a band is for life or so my consultant told me. Good luck with your mortgage advisor next week xxx

thanks, good to hear from a fellow red rose lass

Lisa x x x

fulwood, how about you?

Loads has happened, i've been put off the clinic in preston cos apparantly its more of a clinic than a hospital and a few people i've spoken to have really put me off. I have an appointment today in manchester with Mr Ammori to speak to him about going privately (£150 just for a chat)!!!!

But I have my sleep study on wednesday next week, so if the sleep study shows sleep apnea i will appeal against the panels decision not to fund the op but if i don't have sleep apnea, there's no point appealing really and i'll have to look into going private.

I shall have to do a sponsored something for the money though, what do you reckon ladies, sponsored pub crawl....sponsored nag....sponsored fake smile, i'm not really much good at anything esle lol.

I'm joking about the sponsor thing (but only half-joking, its the only way i can think of to pay for it)

anyway lets get today over with

hope you're all well

Lisa x x x

Last edited:
Hi Lisa you never know you may have sleep apnea it only has to be mild for our PCT to approve funding...fingers crossed for you chick...£150 is a lot of cash for a chat.....keep us posted...xx

thanks linda,

just phoned PALS too to get them to look into why its been refused when i fit criteria, i just permanantly feel the need to be doing something cos if i stop i think too much and get stressed

Lisa x x x

I was talking to gingernutter and we agree that the fight for funding takes over your whole life. I was lucky that I was off work sick whilst enduring my fight and I could concentrate on it 100%. I think they should write to people explaining why they were refused so they have a better idea. It could be something as simple as not having all the information. Did you see the apology I received from the PCT for the way they handled my case. They said they were going to use points I had raised to improve their service. Lets hope they do it sooner rather than later. Also remember they refused me first time around.....good luck chick which ever path you take...xx

saw mr ammori last night what a sweetie. He's told me what extra tests he thinks i should go for and is gonna help me try to get it on nhs and even write a letter to my gp and comissioning panel woop woop!!! He also thinks i woulod be better with the bypass, my BMI is now 43 and climbing cos i have stopped taking the apetite supressants

Lisa x x x

Back