• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to get really fed up!

any help would be appreciated.

I know i should carry on regardless till i get it, but i also want to make sure that everyone i knows life doesn't end up revolving round this too.

Its all i talk about its all i think about and i'm crying all the time, if they're gonna say no, then nothing i can do will change their minds, I know, I work for the PCT!

just gonna make sure i do everything possible to get the funding so i'm happy there wasn't anything else i could have done and if they say no, than move on to next step...whatever that may be.

By giving myself a date i can get on with the fight but know it won't take over my life forever, i can fight with the best of them but not once i know the result won't change.

Ignore me if i'm waffling, i've been up all night writing letters to take to every appointment with me with my side of the story on it. A list of everything i've ever had to help with my weight and every problem i have relating to my weight. I'm gonna drop them like flyers to every person i see at these appointments.

I sound like a psycho!!!

thanks ladies for listening

Lisa x x x

That sounds a very positive approach. As you work at the PCT are you able to ask the person that deals with this what info they like/need. I know you may not want colleagues to know your business but this one will anyway and could provide useful insight.

Good luck I know you will get there

M

M

I did think of that and have found the details of the comissioning panel who make the decision on funding. My Dr has sent a (very brief) letter to them and i am going to forward my own. I'm not going to ask cos i know they'll say " no this isn't protocol" but if i send it anyway - they've read it by then and i've got the info across. It may not help me any, but it won't hurt and it will make me feel like i've done all i can instead of sitting here waiting for some "suits" to decide whether i have to live the rest of my life like this

Lisa x x x

Hey Linda, good to have you back, how are you feeling honey?

hope you're well

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa I feel more like my normal self today, had an early night as did not manage to get any sleep during the day. Up early again this morning but have slight headache which is only what I used to have prior to surgery with my sleep apnea so cant wait for that to start improving, just had my half a weetabix and am now sipping large class of milk, so far not felt sicky today. Feel I have more energy just wish headache would go as it affects all my neck....going to post up my story today not much different from everyone elses but want to give it some closure if you know what I mean. Also think I may be going to the loo on my own this morning got the rumblings....which is a positive move...how are things with you? xx

hi linda glad you are starting to feel better, its amazing to think that only a matter of weeks ago you didnt know whether you were coming or going with this bypass and now its all over and done with. heres looking to your new life x

Hi Julieann, I constantly need to pinch myself because dispite having to do so much work to get the result I wanted it did all happen quick, I never got time to sit and think Yes I got funding it just all ran into one lol...I always thought I was an unlucky person but when you read my story which I will post later you will realise I am one very lucky person indeed.....did not dream about my daughter last night but about my dad which was really nice for a change....he died when I was 13, for some reason I am dreaming about the two people I love very much.....I have just been tidying around the house and going to sit and read a magazine now I have already seen a lovely woollen dress with boots and black tights that I would love to wear right now if I was slim enough but its now nice to know I will be able to do so in the future.....how are you feeling today?....xx

Linda, I'm dead proud of you for sticking it out.

I got a copy of my letter to the PCt comissioning panel and wasn't happy with it so i went back to my gp and got her to do another including all the things i thought should be in it. Then as a back up i wrote a letter to them myself - not naming myself but using the code they allocated for my request.

I also booked into a private clinic for a free consultation to get all my questions answered just to give my self as much knowledge as possible so that if it goes to appeal - I can fight.

I can't believe how positive I'm feeling at the moment. I thinks its because my amazingly supportive husband has said that if i get refused we are gonna do it anyway. Now there is no way we could afford this and i think just the thought that either way, my dream is gonna come true at the end of all this heartache is spurring me on.

It could be dangerous cos if i don't get funding we can't afford it, but hey i'll cross that bridge when i come to it, if it keeps me sane....I'll gladly take that for now!!!

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa I am so glad your being so positive...it helps to have a loved one support you (not that I know what that is mind lol)....you are doing so much to help your case I will keep my fingers crossed for you chick, keep us updated....((hug))...xx

Linda.....9lb already!! wohoo you must be chuffed

Thanks Linda, Ive got an appointment at the Private clinic on D'urton Lane at end of november, do you know it.

It actually part of the weight loss surgery group on harley street but its quite a bit cheaper there cos its their own hospital so its 5950 for the band with 24 months aftercare and unlimited fills during that time

Lisa x x x

has anyone heard anything good or bad about the d'urton lane hospital in preston?

I know i'm a bit of a bargain hunter but its hard when ur talking surgery. You need the price to be good but at what cost?!?!?!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I have not heard about that clinic at all so I cant help, I am sure someone will come along soon with some info though. Glad your still being pro active chick...xx

i'm on damage limitation mode now. Instead of pacing the floor each day and phoning home to see if any mail has come. I'm circling a date on the calendar and if i've heard nothing by then.....i'll contact them. At least that way, i can have a bit of a life in the meantime.

How are you doing? Are you coping ok with the new regime?

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa, thats a really good plan, I always found mondays were too busy to get hold of people after the weekend and fridays people tended to finish work early so striking mid week was best.....you do sound upbeat so well done.

I am coping but lord knows how it will be when I return to work in two weeks, I suppose it will be easier then food wise but I will be scared of dumping as there is no place to go, well there is the loo but if I am on the police radio directing officers to a job and dumping strikes eeck.....better ensure I dont eat prior to radio duties....xx

i've only really looked into the band, not too well up on the bypass....whats dumping...is it what it sounds like?

Lisa x x x

things are moving a bit faster, I got told that my referral to ENT for the sleep apnea tests are a 12week wait and we get a subsidised private healthcare through my husbands work so we're going private for these tests and i have an appointment on monday morning

Lisa x x x

that's great, let us know how it goes :)

Back