• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to get really fed up!

Linda, am I reading that right, have you lost a stone already?!?!?!?

can't believe that, i know its not been easy but you must be starting to think it was all worth it already.

How long was it from getting your doctor to do a referral to the actual operation date?

Lisa x x x

can't believe that, i know its not been easy but you must be starting to think it was all worth it already.

How long was it from getting your doctor to do a referral to the actual operation date?

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa it took me twenty and a half weeks but I had to push it on an almost daily basis to get it all to come together...I touched lucky on two occasions as well. I will never take weight for granted with this bypass or ever again as I have truely been blessed...xx

You blow your own trumpet luv you have reached to one stone mark and that is excellent!!! you should be SHOUTING it to everyone xx:26::happy096:

Ah thanks tammy, I am dead chuffed....I keep all the little print outs as I dont have scales at home I get weighed in morrisons chemist. It's a lovely feeling to be a loser...xx

Don't you see how your loss is good for us too, it inspires those waiting to be excited for their upcoming journey. It reminds those who have been a loser for a bit how good it felt in the beginning. It is win-win! Okay ???

Nic

I agree, nothing has landed on your lap Linda, you've fought for this...shout it from the rooftops, its hearing stories like yours that make it feel worth carrying on when things aren't going right on "the quest".

Nobody would ever begrudge you your success and anyone that does....BOLLOCKS TO 'EM...You go Linda

Lisa x x x

went to see a mr de carpentier about the sleep apnea and he wants me to do a sleep study as he thinks there are enough symptoms for me to be tested. Anyone had the hope sleep test? Anyone sleep with a C-PAP?

Bit worried

Lisa x x x

:clap::clap::clap: Well done Linda!

PG is right; we need to see 'warts and all', good and bad. Rose tinted glasses are never a good thing. We seem to share it all on here.

So shout it from the rooftops - 'Yeeesssss! I am a loser!'

And hopefully, we will all be on that rooftop at various times. Heck, it could even get crowded. In which case; partaaaaay!

went to see a mr de carpentier about the sleep apnea and he wants me to do a sleep study as he thinks there are enough symptoms for me to be tested. Anyone had the hope sleep test? Anyone sleep with a C-PAP?

Bit worried

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa, thats good if he thinks you have it as it will certainly help your funding, I had my test hope hospital, just collected the equipment, they show you how to use it and then you take it home, use it and return it the next day, all very painless...waiting for the results is the hardest part as they are always busy but a bit of nagging should get them....xx

:clap::clap::clap: Well done Linda!

PG is right; we need to see 'warts and all', good and bad. Rose tinted glasses are never a good thing. We seem to share it all on here.

So shout it from the rooftops - 'Yeeesssss! I am a loser!'

And hopefully, we will all be on that rooftop at various times. Heck, it could even get crowded. In which case; partaaaaay!

I dont think I will ever be one to shout it from the rooftops its just not my style...I also still have a deep rooted fear I wont lose any weight despite the surgery, some things never change lol...I will update my ticker but I wont shout about it but there is no reason why those that want to can't do so though.......xx

thanks Linda...found out today that the decision has been made by the panel, but i have to book a doctors appointment to discuss the decision and ican't get an appointment for just over a week......GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that piece of paper with the magic word on it is sat somewhere and i can't get mi grubby mitts on it!!!

YES or NO...such small words.....such a big difference!!!

Everything crossed, i'll let you know

Lisa x x x

God lisa that is awful so near yet so far, cant you ring the secretary and ask her? I used mine and she did help were she could. I think if it was a no you would have been told by now though...good luck chick and keep ringing the docs and try to get in sooner...xx

I phoned....they answered..its a no!!

Still got to have the home sleep test and if that comes back that i have sleep apnea, i'll re-apply, if i don't I don't know what I'll do.

Got my free consultation today at private clinic, wonder if they'll do it for free if i clean for them for the rest of my life or something like that...do you reckon they'll go for it?!?!?!

Sorry I'm being flippant, don't think its hit me yet

Lisa x x x

Hi Lisa,

I'm so sorry it's a 'No', but a 'No' for now may not mean a no forever. There maybe one or a myriad of reasons why 'No' now.

OK. What to do now? I rather suspect that's why your GP wished to see you to discuss the decision - because it was a 'No'. So, see him/her and go through why they said no. Then set about negating their reasons why not. Evidence anything you can with regard to weight loss attempts and subsequent weight gain etc.

On this forum I have quickly learned that a fight for funding is not unusual and there are some excellent example appeal-to-PCT/GP letters that have been posted up recently.

Have a cry, a scream, smash a plate, bite a towel (I do that... it's great for anger release). Then deep breath and fight gf!

You are not alone!

In the mean time, have hugs times a million :hug99: x 1m

I phoned....they answered..its a no!!

Still got to have the home sleep test and if that comes back that i have sleep apnea, i'll re-apply, if i don't I don't know what I'll do.

Got my free consultation today at private clinic, wonder if they'll do it for free if i clean for them for the rest of my life or something like that...do you reckon they'll go for it?!?!?!

Sorry I'm being flippant, don't think its hit me yet

Lisa x x x

Lisa dont apologise for being flippant its your way of coping and I think you are coping admirally....did they say why it was a no? Did they ask for further evidence? Preston PCT accept mild sleep apnea so fingers crossed that that pays off for you. Dont give up chick they said no to me first time around, with a bit of gentle nagging (lol) they saw my point of view....xx

Back