• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland funding question

Su2ie

Just had my appointment with the dietitian and bariatric nurse at Sunderland Royal. The dietitian was lovely but I felt a bit rushed with the nurse and didn't really feel I had chance to explain some things. I was told the next step was for my case to be discussed by a panel - does this mean they might refuse the surgery??

Hi I had a bypass at Sunderland on the 9th Nov they discuss you at panel to see if your suitable for surgery if you do as they say and lose the weight you should be fine good luck

Thanks, I'm just a bit worried they'll say I'm not suitable because I don't have the typical comorbities of high blood pressure or diabetes -though I do have other problems.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see and keep everything crossed.
Thankfully because of a few complicating factors my weight loss target isn't too daunting so best get cracking on that....

Thanks, I'm just a bit worried they'll say I'm not suitable because I don't have the typical comorbities of high blood pressure or diabetes -though I do have other problems. I guess I'll just have to wait and see and keep everything crossed. Thankfully because of a few complicating factors my weight loss target isn't too daunting so best get cracking on that....
Hi I didn't have any of the typical comorbilities either, if you have been referred and had the seminar and do as they tell you, you stand a good chance of having the op I had my meeting with nurse and dietician early January 2013 went back April 2013 had met weightloss target so had camera down in June then was listed from then and had my op 9th Nov 2013

Aww thanks so much, that makes me feel so much better about things and that sounds relatively straight forward and quicker than I expected - though I know it's an easy process :)

How are you finding it? Hope your recovery is going well...

I'm fine the first day was the worst but I was up and about quite quickly had the op on the Saturday morning then went home on the Monday I am better everyday no real pain sleeping well wounds healed nicely having 3 weeks off work looking forward to the weight loss food luck let me know how you get on

Ha ha rather appropriate typo ;)

Good luck with your weight loss, must be great to finally feel results!

Hi su2ie,

I'm in the same situation so thanks for bringing that subject up , good luck and here's hoping for you x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi safcrazy

Thanks for your reassurance I'm in the same situation x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Dawn,

Are you also at Sunderland?

The uncertainty sucks though there's lots of reassurance here :)

Good luck x

Back