• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery 19 September

Congratulations on reaching the losers bench; can’t believe your now bypassed so very happy for you xxxx

Glad, to hear all went well and you are at home. Nice that they fixed the hernia while they were in there.

Happy to hear it went well and you are home!

Keep sipping!

So 4.45 Thursday morning. Feel really nauseous and pain in right shoulder from gas is terrible. I need to walk more today to help that. Early days but very hard xx

Peppermint tea! Keep sipping it it helped with my nausea and wind, plus moving around if you can.

Yep it's rubbish but it will pass quite quickly x

I was doing so well today but just had the most dreadful bout of nausea. I absolutely hate being sick and thank goodness it has passed now. There was no reason for it as I have hardly had anything today. Will get paper mint tea tomorrow as suggested

I was doing so well today but just had the most dreadful bout of nausea. I absolutely hate being sick and thank goodness it has passed now. There was no reason for it as I have hardly had anything today. Will get paper mint tea tomorrow as suggested

It really is a rough few weeks. Your body has been through a big operation and is healing. I remember feeling sick if I had done too much and not rested. I wanted to do too much, too soon! Take it easy. Hope you feel better soon x x

It really is a rough few weeks. Your body has been through a big operation and is healing. I remember feeling sick if I had done too much and not rested. I wanted to do too much, too soon! Take it easy. Hope you feel better soon x x
Thanks LjjOhnson xx

Hi Bling and sunshine especially and all you lovely people. I just got home and am so happy to be on the losers bench finally. The staff at Luton Hospital are simply the best and Mr Jain my surgeon is outstanding. I have just read my discharge summary and the first thing it says is very well shrunken left lobe of liver, I am so proud of that statement alone. When they were operating they found I had a hiatus hernia and repaired that so I have had two surgeries for the price of one. The operation went well but the worst thing for me has been the shoulder pain in the right shoulder which is due to the gas they pump in you to do the surgery. I am sore and tired but very happy. Good luck to you all xxxxxx
Yay...we're both now on Losers Bench! I'm so proud of us both for going through with this operation. Good Luck on your new journey hun :hugs:

Toni :rainbow:

Finally had bowel movement after 10 days! Feeling more comfortable. Still nauseous when I try to lie down so sleeping propped up with 4 pillows. Not sure if I can feel a restriction but sticking to fluids only religiously as dread being sick and dumping syndrome

Finally had bowel movement after 10 days! Feeling more comfortable. Still nauseous when I try to lie down so sleeping propped up with 4 pillows. Not sure if I can feel a restriction but sticking to fluids only religiously as dread being sick and dumping syndrome
God Maria you must feel so much more comfortable for that have you found through this forum that nausea is very common following surgery or are you just very unlucky? Your doing so good lovely I know I would be petrified of dumping and being sick. Big hugs xxx

God Maria you must feel so much more comfortable for that have you found through this forum that nausea is very common following surgery or are you just very unlucky? Your doing so good lovely I know I would be petrified of dumping and being sick. Big hugs xxx
Thanks Bling I think nausea is very common but really not too bad. One week since surgery already xx

Thanks Bling I think nausea is very common but really not too bad. One week since surgery already xx
Wow that’s just flown by x

My first bowel movement was on Tue too :winner::winner: (feel like we deserve a trophy apiece....haha)

Tmi.....but, my first one I had was extremely hard work...And, black! Second one was other way....and also black!
Apparently that's normal!
Not had another one as yet....but hoping it gets lighter. Otherwise I'm worried it will be internal bleeding!

My first bowel movement was on Tue too :winner::winner: (feel like we deserve a trophy apiece....haha)

Tmi.....but, my first one I had was extremely hard work...And, black! Second one was other way....and also black!
Apparently that's normal!
Not had another one as yet....but hoping it gets lighter. Otherwise I'm worried it will be internal bleeding!
Hello sunshine I finally lost 8 lbs this week after putting on 2.5 lbs after surgery. I am doing very well on liquids but am scared of starting purée next week. We definitely need the trophy for the bowel movements lol. I am going to try aqua aerobics next week to try to break myself back into exercise as I miss my gym classes. Take care my friend and let's do this together xxx

Hello sunshine I finally lost 8 lbs this week after putting on 2.5 lbs after surgery. I am doing very well on liquids but am scared of starting purée next week. We definitely need the trophy for the bowel movements lol. I am going to try aqua aerobics next week to try to break myself back into exercise as I miss my gym classes. Take care my friend and let's do this together xxx
I'm missing the gym, been told to not go for 8 to 12 weeks. The gym kept me sane....helped my mental health.
But, yeah Aqua aerobics will be so good for you....boost the weightloss and feel good factor :)

Back