• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery 19 September

Maria61

I'm missing the gym, been told to not go for 8 to 12 weeks. The gym kept me sane....helped my mental health.
But, yeah Aqua aerobics will be so good for you....boost the weightloss and feel good factor :)
I am not having such a good day today, feeling nauseous again. But sure it will pass. I will let you know how I get on with the aqua aerobics xx

Sunshine99

I am not having such a good day today, feeling nauseous again. But sure it will pass. I will let you know how I get on with the aqua aerobics xx
Awww no hun, Unfortunatly ....I'm led to believe that feeling nauseous is perfectly normal at the beginning of our post-op journey.
Though, my consultant says I'm eating too fast. He's probably right too.
Old long-term habits are hard to alter. But, even though I've had a couple of days where I thought I'd made the wrong decision to having this surgery, I think that was just a knee-jerk reaction and panic I was feeling at the time.
Apart from feeling quite down, And a bit nausues at times....I don't think I've come out of surgery that bad so far.
And, I thank my lucky stars for that.

We need to keep focussed on the long-term picture. All the inspirational stories on here....keep me going.

Really hope the aqua aerobics helps you. And, your nausea goes away soon.

Toni :rainbow:

Maria61

Awww no hun, Unfortunatly ....I'm led to believe that feeling nauseous is perfectly normal at the beginning of our post-op journey.
Though, my consultant says I'm eating too fast. He's probably right too.
Old long-term habits are hard to alter. But, even though I've had a couple of days where I thought I'd made the wrong decision to having this surgery, I think that was just a knee-jerk reaction and panic I was feeling at the time.
Apart from feeling quite down, And a bit nausues at times....I don't think I've come out of surgery that bad so far.
And, I thank my lucky stars for that.

We need to keep focussed on the long-term picture. All the inspirational stories on here....keep me going.

Really hope the aqua aerobics helps you. And, your nausea goes away soon.

Toni :rainbow:
Hi Toni nausea better, due to constipation. I am still on liquids and due to start purée next week which I find very scary. I dread dumping syndrome as I can't bear being sick but I can't stay on liquids for ever. Have a great weekend xxx

SAM55

Are you taking iron supplement? That will make stools black.
My first bowel movement was on Tue too :winner::winner: (feel like we deserve a trophy apiece....haha)

Tmi.....but, my first one I had was extremely hard work...And, black! Second one was other way....and also black!
Apparently that's normal!
Not had another one as yet....but hoping it gets lighter. Otherwise I'm worried it will be internal bleeding![/

SAM55

Hello sunshine I finally lost 8 lbs this week after putting on 2.5 lbs after surgery. I am doing very well on liquids but am scared of starting purée next week. We definitely need the trophy for the bowel movements lol. I am going to try aqua aerobics next week to try to break myself back into exercise as I miss my gym classes. Take care my friend and let's do this together xxx
hi Maria. I was told not to go back into the swimming pool for six weeks. You need to let your wounds heal and also there is the risk of infection, never mind doing some damage. Most of us were advised no strenuous exercise for six weeks, just walking

Maria61

hi Maria. I was told not to go back into the swimming pool for six weeks. You need to let your wounds heal and also there is the risk of infection, never mind doing some damage. Most of us were advised no strenuous exercise for six weeks, just walking
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Maria61

So had my first weetabix this morning, still not feeling a restriction. How will I know?

Hannah2

Hi @Maria61 first if all please be careful re exercise - lots of healing going on inside - aquafit on two sides, firstly the exercise and secondly on the water on your wounds! We were told at least 6 weeks before going swimming and gentle exercise! Please take care and make sure you rest sufficiently!

As far as restriction, I found it difficult at first to judge how much to eat so I worked on restricting things by portion. Some people feel it or have a hiccup when they get to "enough" I don't and even now the first sign I have eaten too much is pain. So I still go with portion restriction. It might be something that comes over time, you will still be swollen internally.

Maria61

Hi @Maria61 first if all please be careful re exercise - lots of healing going on inside - aquafit on two sides, firstly the exercise and secondly on the water on your wounds! We were told at least 6 weeks before going swimming and gentle exercise! Please take care and make sure you rest sufficiently!

As far as restriction, I found it difficult at first to judge how much to eat so I worked on restricting things by portion. Some people feel it or have a hiccup when they get to "enough" I don't and even now the first sign I have eaten too much is pain. So I still go with portion restriction. It might be something that comes over time, you will still be swollen internally.
Thanks Hannah I am approaching purée with ultra caution as I dread dumping so much. Maybe I will feel restriction in the days to come

Laaux

Thanks Hannah I am approaching purée with ultra caution as I dread dumping so much. Maybe I will feel restriction in the days to come

The restriction will most definitely come! And the more time that passes post surgery, you begin to know your body really well and can feel the restriction. I’m just 3 months 1 day post op and I know exactly how much I can eat and know exactly when to stop. Hang in there! X

Maria61

The restriction will most definitely come! And the more time that passes post surgery, you begin to know your body really well and can feel the restriction. I’m just 3 months 1 day post op and I know exactly how much I can eat and know exactly when to stop. Hang in there! X
Thanks ladies. I have now felt restriction. I had a small amount of cottage pie and cauliflower last night and this sensation I have never experienced before happened of fullness. I stopped eating immediately and realised that I truly could not eat any more. No dumping thank goodness but I did eat it really slowly and left 20 seconds between mouthfuls. Now I know what to look out for and to be ultra careful x

Maria61

Thanks ladies. I have now felt restriction. I had a small amount of cottage pie and cauliflower last night and this sensation I have never experienced before happened of fullness. I stopped eating immediately and realised that I truly could not eat any more. No dumping thank goodness but I did eat it really slowly and left 20 seconds between mouthfuls. Now I know what to look out for and to be ultra careful x
Been to GP today as been feeling light headed. Got blood pressure checked and it was really low. Got to stop blood pressure medication for a week and then get rechecked. Glad I went to make sure

Bling Babe

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly lovely, good you’ve been checked I guess it could mean the emd of your BP medication which would be great for you. Feel better soon. Xxx

Maria61

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly lovely, good you’ve been checked I guess it could mean the emd of your BP medication which would be great for you. Feel better soon. Xxx
Hi Bling I am good, just glad there was a reason for the light headed ness. Wide awake at 2 a.m. never mind I will sleep tomorrow xxx

Hannah2

Fingers crossed stopping the meds works. I had trouble with feeling light headed but found i needed to make sure I had a mid morning and mid afternoon snack and that sorted it out.

Maria61

Fingers crossed stopping the meds works. I had trouble with feeling light headed but found i needed to make sure I had a mid morning and mid afternoon snack and that sorted it out.
Thanks Hannah funny that is exactly what I am doing now, having a yoghurt x

SAM55

Been to GP today as been feeling light headed. Got blood pressure checked and it was really low. Got to stop blood pressure medication for a week and then get rechecked. Glad I went to make sure
that happened to me too and we had to play around with the dosage for a while until it stabilised and the light-headedness stopped or the figures didnt go too high.

Maria61

Feeling happy tonight. For 3 weeks since surgery tea especially and sometimes coffee has tasted disgusting to me. However since stopping Ramipril my blood pressure pill on Monday on GPS advice, tea tastes much better again. Did not expect this but I have been so fed up as I love my cup of tea. Can cope with life again now. So weird what happens with this surgery