• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery 19 September

Hi Maria I am 12 weeks post op tummy tuck and hernia repair still not well enough to exercise and will not start exercise until totally healed after Xmas and then slowly will build up as my muscles are so weak and fatigued a lot just getting through day doing normal without exercise is very tiring! I was exercising 5 days a week and or dancing 2 hours on a Saturday night but after surgery couldn’t even hardly walk for first 4 weeks...I did very light housework not even vacuuming and developed a wound that lasted 4 weeks so set myself back by starting back to early! Only now lifting a kettle 12 weeks have to take it slowly otherwise 2 steps back! Your body will need all its energy and extra protein to heal post surgery too so do not worry putting a few pounds on I have put 8 lbs on but will get back to eating rules now 12 weeks post op. Take it easy your body will need extra time I found re how our diets are now different with sleeve and not able to get same protein in as normal non WLS person. So need extra tome to recover.

Hi Maria I am 12 weeks post op tummy tuck and hernia repair still not well enough to exercise and will not start exercise until totally healed after Xmas and then slowly will build up as my muscles are so weak and fatigued a lot just getting through day doing normal without exercise is very tiring! I was exercising 5 days a week and or dancing 2 hours on a Saturday night but after surgery couldn’t even hardly walk for first 4 weeks...I did very light housework not even vacuuming and developed a wound that lasted 4 weeks so set myself back by starting back to early! Only now lifting a kettle 12 weeks have to take it slowly otherwise 2 steps back! Your body will need all its energy and extra protein to heal post surgery too so do not worry putting a few pounds on I have put 8 lbs on but will get back to eating rules now 12 weeks post op. Take it easy your body will need extra time I found re how our diets are now different with sleeve and not able to get same protein in as normal non WLS person. So need extra tome to recover.
Hi want2b3 good to hear from you. I hope you feel better soon, wow I did not think it would take that long to recover from tummy tuck but obviously it is a major surgery. I hope you are pleased with the results. I think I am stressed as this prolapse came out of the blue. Any thoughts I have about tummy tuck are out of the window for now. 11 days until surgery and I can’t wait. Xxx

Lovely foxy coat! You look super @Maria61 xx

Twittwoo xx

Gorgeous Maria xx

I am sorry you need surgery my lovely. Hope it comes round qicky. You look lovely in photo :) xxx

Weight today 11 stone7.5lbs, down one pound. Very happy with that especially as I cannot exercise at the moment and my food intake has not been the best. Got my pre op this afternoon, 6 days until surgery. I wrote a big rambling complaint to the Health Secretary and copied Theresa May and my local MP about the dire situation I find myself in with having to pay for my surgery myself due to NHS NICE restrictions. Don’t expect it will get me anywhere but it made me feel better xx

Well done on the fab weight loss really good, and fantastic on the letter, really good move xx

Weight today 11 stone7.5lbs, down one pound. Very happy with that especially as I cannot exercise at the moment and my food intake has not been the best. Got my pre op this afternoon, 6 days until surgery. I wrote a big rambling complaint to the Health Secretary and copied Theresa May and my local MP about the dire situation I find myself in with having to pay for my surgery myself due to NHS NICE restrictions. Don’t expect it will get me anywhere but it made me feel better xx

Well good for you hun. Theresa as a older woman of much experience should be sympathetic for sure Be lovely if they intervened :) xx

Well done on the fab weight loss really good, and fantastic on the letter, really good move xx
I just got mad thinking about it, too late for me, but think of all the women out there who cannot afford to pay and are walking around in a dreadful state with no idea how long they will have to suffer xxx

Last edited:
Don't blame you it is truly shocking! Hope pre op went well and well done on 1lb off xx

I am not really clear on why they wouldn’t operate?
It seems so wrong to leave someone in pain like that!
NICE guidelines say you have to do women’s physio and try pessaries first for an u specified time! Then if you see a gynaecologist they have to apply for funding and if agreed then you will go on the waiting list! I reckon that could take 2 years st that rate, and I cant wait that long xx

Glad the pre op went well, the urine infection can soon be cleared up if need be and Thursday will soon be here for you. I wonder if you will get a response from anyone regarding your complaint? I bet they really don’t know what to say as nobody should be left in that situation however, if you do get a reply it will probably be waffle and statistics but good on you for highlighting the real situation people are having to face.

Back