• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

I'm bored of soup and shakes already! Only been 4 days I've got another 10says to go!! I'm not sure I'm supposed to be having yoghurt but my surgeon told me to eat yoghurt the morning after my op so I'm reckoning it's ok. If I can take it through a straw it's supposed to be right consistency .... Lol if I tried really hard I might be able to get yoghurt through a straw!! Haha

I'm looking forward to the puree stage :)

We will get there X

Slept on my side most the night and slept so much better! Feeling much stronger today. Just out walking the dogs. Well they pretty much entertain themselves once we get to the fields/woods. So I'm standing here with my brollie thinking of bm lol

Just back from the GP surgery. Went to see the nurse to have my dressings and wounds checked. What a great experience! She was absolutely lovely and totally excited for me. Asked loads of questions and was just so nice. My wounds looks so good, she was really impressed. Dressings were changed and going back on Monday to get the staples out.

Feel good today, much more appetite. So far I had a skyr for brekkie and a shake just now for lunch.

Lost just over a stone since my pre op. Happy!

All good news MrsBeaver, you're doing really well

Sounding good Mrs b

sounds like it's going really well MrsB. Skyr yogurts are lovely but i have to admit to liking Total with half a teaspoon of lemon curd (used to put strawberries on too when i could take solid food)

Ohhhh now that sounds scrummy.....going to the shops tomorrow to get me some curd :D

Just had my first normal cup of tea since last saturday, was amazing hahaha. Just been sticking to peppermint the last few days, but fancied a wee change.

Still no BM....think I will go and get myself something stronger from the pharmacy tomorrow. Any recommendations?

Yay congratulations lol X

Haha brilliant ... But I can understand - I've never been one to enjoy a good trump but I'm positively excited each time I have one now!! Lol x

Out with my pooches again. Feeling so much stronger today. Did not sleep that great, wasn't really tired when I went to bed and felt bung up. But managed to sleep a bit on my left and my right side ?.

Was hungry this morning, so already had a cup of peppermint tea and a shake. Think I will have a yoghurt when I come back from my walk.

Plans for today...finish season 3 of sons of anarchy, clear up around the house and continue knitting my scarf.

Hey Mrs b ... I've had a hungry day today too.. Must be feeling better :)

Yeh, feeling nearly back to normal today.....had yoghurt overload today I think. Need to go out and buy some veg tomorrow and make some different soups. I have the ones from my post op box, but I just cant face them anymore. Need a change! I soooo cannot wait to have purreed stage! mash and gravy mhhhhh!

I snuck a chip off my hubbies plate earlier, chewed it too near non existence and it went down fine....ohhh that was a real treat lol

Had many more not so pleasant BMs today, which is good, but I think thats partly the reason I am so hungry today....the road is clear lol.

Cant believe that last week at this time I was still in my hospital bed, dozing in and out after surgery....it still amazes me how quick my body is recovering.

I know what you mean I feel so much better ... 2 days ago I was not sure I'd be back to work next week but now I'm like ok no probs :) although still a bit bloated but it's going.

Back