• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Some fantastic losses - well done everybody. Neen I will dig out the suit - just have to find it - it is buried under a pile somewhere:rolleyes:.

I cannot even remember what size it is so it will be interesting getting it out and seeing what it is like. I hope it is still wearable having been squashed flat and thrown into the bottom of the wardrobe.

Good luck to everyone weighing in tomorrow.

tranquil x

Hello everyone,

Please can I join in?

Loving the new banders section and all this positive support. Some great weight loss too. Thanks for encouraging me to come back neen.

I weighed myself for the first time in a while today as I have not really been weighing regularly but I have lost two pounds which is fine with me. I am starting to count calories now which seems to be really helping my control. Aiming for three pounds next week as I am having a fill on tuesday which should help weight loss and three pounds will put me into the 15s (stones) which will be such a boost for me.

Hope everyone gets the losses they are hoping for.

Leesh x

Hi sarah,

Thanks for the welcome,

It would be lovely if we could do that yes. We were a similar weight at the start as well. 15 stone is significant to me. Its the weight I have usually got to when I have dieted before I have gone and put it all on. It is also what I weighed before I had my first children 13 years ago. Really looking forwards to getting there and knowing that I'm not going to pile it all on again. My weight loss is very slow but I genuinely don't care a bit. Slow and steady wins the race. I have had these problems since I was 5 years old so it would be naïve to think I could fix them quickly. Just working on my head hunger and relieved that I have this band to help me.

Leesh x

Morning all. I have not been on much this week for various reasons and have lost my way a little tbh. My first fill is booked for the 7th April and whilst I can tell the band is there I feel like I can eat too much of the wrong things. Before the op. I was a massive (literally!) cake and bread eater, but since the op I haven't had either as I'm convinced they would stick, so I seem to have simply switched to biscuits instead! As they are crunchy I can eat quite a few without too many problems. Also as I've had a busy week I've not yet been back to the gym since my induction on Monday. I'm going to get back on track now though and ditch the biscuits, up the exercise and hopefully post a good loss next week. In the meantime and almost despite everything I've just said I somehow managed to lose half a pound this week (again, that's 3 weeks in a row!). Hope everyone else has had good weeks xx

Leesh!!!!! Helloooo!
Thankyou for taking the decision to come back xxx We ARE going to help you with the next milestone and the head hunger xxxxx

2lbs off for me this week, I need to get on the exercise seriously this week

I am dead on 16 st again now...grrrrrrr...so put me down for the "get into the 15s" club too!!!

Melly hun , a loss counts..it's going the right way.
Get along to a Rosemary Conley club or weight watchers . Kelly and CC go!
Or if you can't get to one (like me) then calorie count to help you keep under control. Between 1200 and 1400 a day.
Try and walk for at least 30 mins a day or find another exercise you like (even dancing round the house to nice music )

To get me through the week I stick to very samey foods I know the cals for and I plan what I am having at each meal to limit possibilty of nibbling ...then on Saturday get on the wii for my weigh in and then it's my chance to have some biccies, cake or whatever I fancy without guilt and enjoy it.
By Monday I am ready to get stuck in to another week of good behaviour.

It's do-ablexxxx

Thanks Neen, I have looked at RC but the nearest class is nearly 20 miles away. I have thought about joining online though. I might have only had a little loss this week but I am pleased that I have reached another mini-target for me - to get to 15st 7, which gives me a BMI of 35! My next mini-target is to get into the 14s so with your help and all the other lovely members I'm sure I can do this before too long as well.
Thanks all xx

Hi everyone,

I had an 8lb loss this week and i am over the moon about it, i go for an hour to an hour and a half walk monday - friday and has made me feel great

Hi karlene - you have a fantastic loss with your band. Well done - you are an inspiration to people like me who have not done so well and need to refocus.

Sarah Metcalf said:
Hi Leesh, it'd be lovely to have you join us. It sounds like we're at similar weights (I'm 16 3) so it'd be great to hit the 15's together xx

I'm sixteen one!! Let's all get to fifteens next week! Will be amazing!

karlene said:
Hi everyone,

I had an 8lb loss this week and i am over the moon about it, i go for an hour to an hour and a half walk monday - friday and has made me feel great

Congratulations that is an awesome loss!! Xx

Well done everyone wow my weight loss is a mere 1.4lb. I'm not sleeping too well as I can feel my band in my breast bone, I think I must still be adjusting to it! My first fill Is 14th April yay. I'm going to walk, walk, walk today!! xx

Thank you Neen,Weeble and Cazraline

I am trying to get in the 15st as well only need to lose another 4lbs and i will be there

Well done everyone! Some amazing losses!
I started on weds weighing 17st 12. Had fill weds night and due to super tightness have not managed to eat much at all.
Weight today is 17st 4, which is kinda crazy!!
If band doesn't settle will have to have some aspirated soon though.
Well done, everyone! Xx

Wow! Everyone is doing so well.

There are a lot of us at very similar weights arnt there! I'm not used to that in real life. Definitely going for this 15 stone mark next week. Just watching biggest looser for a bit of inspiration. Been doing a bit of hardcore gardening today and going to try to do something active every day to give me a boost. Not a gym bunny at all.

I feel so encouraged by everyones efforts.

Leesh x

Mel you sound like me before my first fill, it's normally to get hungry before the fills begin. I hope it goes well. I've also found it so helpful to log my diet/exercise on here.

Neen that's fab, you're doing amazing, the 15 stone club seems to be a popular one. We're all going to be gorg in our skinny summer clothes this year. Do you find a difference in your energy levels? I've found a huge difference this week xx

Leesh, 16 stone is a milestone for me as I got down to that 5 years ago and then (finally) fell pregnant, so to get under that would be fantastic.

OMG Karlene, that's amazing, you must be so proud of yourself xx

Wow CT that's some loss, I hope things settle soon with your fill.

Jo, all losses are great, esp when you're due a fill.

Caz, lets go for it and get under 16 in the next coup of weeks.

Weeble, I've just noticed that you've lost 13lb in 2 weeks, that's amazing xx

Back