• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

I so so agree with Mrs pill, you were one of the first person to make me feel welcome and helped and encouraged me and an inspiration xxx

Ok ladies - I am going to start joining you for your Saturday weight in but it will have to be on a Sunday due to being away with work Tuesday - Saturday.
Any how 2lbs off for me this week which I'm pleased about. I just want steady slow weight loss but I would hope I will reach my target by my 30th in May 2013. Def not going into my 30's the same weight as my 20's! One more week until my fill which is a week on Monday and hopefully my band will start helping me a little more.
One more thing, mis mentioned giving up wheat for lent which I thought was a fab idea. So for lent I am going to (try!!) and give up processed sugar. Not fruit or anything like that but super processed sugar like chocolate, sweets, custard, caramel snack a jacks etc.... I have super limited them in my diet and but they are still their and I would like to see them a very rare treat. We'll see how I get on.
Good luck for the rest of the week ladies

Thank you Mrs P for that link. I have never read that before - but it really hit home. I really do think its true what is in the feature and why I have been managing pretty well with my weight loss to date. Similar to bandedwendy on youtube that you mentioned in another thread. I have never really had the elusive feeling of having the band do the work for me. I have measured calories all the time (good and bad) - apart from the week off I gave myself, when I was hormonal, stressed, ate anything and everything in my cupboards, and gained 4lbs.

I think it is so useful to have any potential new bander read it....to help them appreciate how they can work best with their band rather than rely on it / the fills to do all the work. I have my hello kitty kids cutlery, now I am going to start eating off a side plate :)

NB - well done everyone on your achievements this week

yes very enlightening read! and all made perfect sense. Must admit I've eaten off a tea plate right from day 1 post op to curb my portions and now it just feels the norm.

I've had stages where I've had to stop eating due to feeling of being uncomfortable and over tight...but then as the band loosens I get back to eating my tea plateful. And I know I'd prefer the latter. My band (unless having had a recent fill) doesn't stop me eating but my head does. I'd much rather have a nice meal on a small plate than my band be tightened that much that I struggle to eat much at all...as that just brings stress n discomfort for me.

Good luck fb with the new cutlery n plate..cute :) xx

I so so agree with Mrs pill, you were one of the first person to make me feel welcome and helped and encouraged me and an inspiration xxx

Oh Mis- how nice you are :hug99:
I can't see how I'm an inspiration really cos I'm not very good at this yet!! I lost weight at the beginning through absolute fear of getting something stuck in my band but once it happened I sort of lost the fear and then I started eating everything!!
Jo and FB amongst many others have really embraced the true meaning of being a bandit from day 1 and I have really fought against it all. But I guess there comes a point where your head has to win :) Otherwise I'm going to have to get a bypass and I won't go there. I really want to do it with the band. When you have enough of a fill you will not feel so hungry and then you have to get your diet head on and go for it big style. Don't ever give up xx

Mrs P something you posted about feeling that you don't want to be told you cannot have something reminded me of something Neen said to me a day or so after I was banded. Planning your meals in important and if you want those things considered 'naughty' then plan them in as a treat. Neen would be very strict during the week then build in treats for the weekend. She lost about 9 stones in the first year so it worked for her. It may be something you want to try...just a thought.

tranquil x

You're so right btw. But there is a funny psychological blip I have which makes me want to rebel against planning. Its one of my self-destruct buttons which stems from early experiences of a very strict regimented environment living in a boarding school. Whilst not wanting to bare my soul totally here ( although my family are starting to glaze over whenever I mention my weightloss journey now!! Yes- I've become a 'band-bore') I have to admit that I really rebel against all planning. However, I am going to change. My head has won! I have planned all this weeks meals and I have written them all out and pinned them on the fridge. I have joined the gym too and have started doing 1hr of cardio work each visit and I shall go twice at the minimum.
Neen was right. I miss her!
Thanks TB.

MrsPill said:
You're so right btw. But there is a funny psychological blip I have which makes me want to rebel against planning. Its one of my self-destruct buttons which stems from early experiences of a very strict regimented environment living in a boarding school. Whilst not wanting to bare my soul totally here ( although my family are starting to glaze over whenever I mention my weightloss journey now!! Yes- I've become a 'band-bore') I have to admit that I really rebel against all planning. However, I am going to change. My head has won! I have planned all this weeks meals and I have written them all out and pinned them on the fridge. I have joined the gym too and have started doing 1hr of cardio work each visit and I shall go twice at the minimum.
Neen was right. I miss her!
Thanks TB.

That's good planning a weeks meals...! But still add any treats in...I try as much as poss to log all my food at the start of the day for the entire day.....seems to help me focus a little bit more...but still needing my bit of sweet stuff! One day will have to give that up :)

I miss Neen too. She will never know how much she got me through the early days when I was in deep shock and as depressed as hell - I can look back and realise that now. Mrs P I am also someone who rebels against being told what to do. Having said that planning and getting a routine going really does help. Not that I am very good at it:rolleyes:but I try!

tranquil x

That's good planning a weeks meals...! But still add any treats in...I try as much as poss to log all my food at the start of the day for the entire day.....seems to help me focus a little bit more...but still needing my bit of sweet stuff! One day will have to give that up :)

Jo, I would not necessarily give up the little treats. My sister has been dieting recently and has lost an amazing amount and has built in treats to keep going. When you feel you are deprived of something then mentally that impacts and makes it so much harder. You are doing so well so think about how you can perhaps make healthier chioces to allow the treats - or if you feel ready to give them up then go for it:D. I do not eat bread or pasta and do not miss them so it can be done. The important thing is finding what feels good and helps you because we are all different.

tranquil x

You clearly don't have to give up your sweet treat because you're successfully losing. Maybe if you weren't it would be a possibility but don't be too hard on yourself!
I think logging the food in advance is a great idea! Think I'll do this too. I've started myfitnesspal again.

I miss Neen too. She will never know how much she got me through the early days when I was in deep shock and as depressed as hell - I can look back and realise that now. Mrs P I am also someone who rebels against being told what to do. Having said that planning and getting a routine going really does help. Not that I am very good at it:rolleyes:but I try!

tranquil x

I know- Neen was really good. I hope she is ok.
And being a rebel without a cause is silly really- very self destructive but I can't help it. My bariatric nurse said to me on my first clinic appointment "Well, with a band you can't have mayonnaise any more or takeaway curry or anything wet when you eat" and there was this voice in my head saying "Watch me" :8855: I am so twisted its untrue!
Have you ever heard of NLP? As soon as someone says dont do a thing, I've had it. I want to do it more than anything else in the entire world!! If she had said " If you truly want to lose weight with a band then you have to diet too" it may have been more productive. Maybe she did and I only heard the 'don't' bit.

I know- Neen was really good. I hope she is ok.
And being a rebel without a cause is silly really- very self destructive but I can't help it. My bariatric nurse said to me on my first clinic appointment "Well, with a band you can't have mayonnaise any more or takeaway curry or anything wet when you eat" and there was this voice in my head saying "Watch me" :8855: I am so twisted its untrue!
Have you ever heard of NLP? As soon as someone says dont do a thing, I've had it. I want to do it more than anything else in the entire world!! If she had said " If you truly want to lose weight with a band then you have to diet too" it may have been more productive. Maybe she did and I only heard the 'don't' bit.

That made me smile. In the end you have to think about the choices you make as a adult. Long term you keep doing the wrong things then at the end of the day the only person paying the price is you. It is about self love - it's about caring about you in the same way and with the same passion as the person you love in this world. You would not want them to harm themselves or do anything that would be detrimental to them - so why do we not feel the same way about ourselves?

tranquil x

Perhaps its because I don't think of food as a harmful substance then. If it was drugs or alcohol or nicotine I could see the damage done, but food is supposed to be nutricious & positive & of course, you can't live without it. It's just that I've learnt to abuse it which is hurting me. Gosh....heavy stuff here now!! I really, really want to win this war....but I know that its got to be small steps. I feel like I turned a corner this week because I have good restriction but more importantly I learned that its not just about restriction! Wow...its only taken me 8 months... duh!!!

Well done!
I've given up the scales for lent (well half of it)
I'm next going to weigh in on Saturday 10th March... If I can withstand the withdrawal symptoms until then. Xx

The Chopster said:
I have been a very good girl this week and actually followed the rules meaning a 4lb loss! Go me!!!!

Wow! 4lb is a superb loss..be proud of yourself at playing by the rules!! Same again next week? :)

ladies...I could never give up the scales and I mean NEVER! so I take my hat off to you both!! Xx

Well done Chopster. 4lbs is amazing!

I have lost 2lbs this week despite 2 days of 'too many treats'. Averaged 1350 calories a day over the week so not bad at all in the scheme of things. My favourite word is still 'moderation' :) Must be working as I hit my Century this week WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP.

The Saturday weigh-in and counting calories (good and not so good) still helps me not to go off track for long.... so I admire the bravery of giving up the scales. I am not ready for that again at the moment.

Good luck everyone with your updates today xxx

Firstly well done FB on passing that 100lb mark...that is awesome (gosh...you got me all American now..! :) ) 2lb is great if youve been a naughty monkey so thats good work, and especially this far down the line too!

Ive lost another steady 3lb this week...seems to be my magic number at the minute....if only next week I could make that 3.5lb I'd hit my 5 stone mark but thats a tall order and a very big ask...so may have to settle for that being my 2 week mini goal....even so...im in the bottom half of the 12s, which means I have my next stone in sight as a goal...11s...madness :D complete madness :D

Song for my band: "Have I told you lately that I love you..." :D

Back