• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Well done on your century FB. I am totally in awe of your dedication. Brilliant x

Well done FB yeah whoop whoop. A steady 3 lbs, I would love a steady anything APART FROM a steady STS :'(, roll on my next fill better do the trick

Yep...fingers crossed for your fill mis.
And Go Chopster!!! Nice feeling eh! I'm chuffed for you, well done Xx

Heh I am not perfect ... as anyone looking at my diary can see ... but thank you very much.

I am sooo happy with any weight loss now tbh, because I almost have my goal in sight ... another 5lbs and then I am in my final stone ... could be there in the next 2-3 weeks if I remain focussed.

Have family with us this weekend, so am planning my meals in advance including my treats. Off shopping soon (once my pooches have stopped snoring on the sofa ... would be a shame to wake the little treasures) ... gonna make a massive chilli for dinner when we return from the pub watching rugby this afternoon.

Thought for the day ... Fail to prepare ... prepare to Fail!

Gonna get my thinking head on and come up with a song for my band :rolleyes:

Mis please don't rely on the fills, if I'd have done that I wouldn't have lost nowhere near what I have hun. Try and regain focus, and review what you're eating...it's the only way, do you track your food daily? It works for me. Xx

@ Jo - fingers crossed for the 3.5lbs next week. 3lbs is very good anyway :D

@ Mis - fingers crossed that the restriction is there for you once you have your fill. hope you are feeling better now x

@ Mrs P - I am running out of fingers. I KNOW you will get there! :hug99: Just see how well Chopster has done this week following her fill and following the rules

Morning everyone, some amazing losses again ladies WOW!
I've been on holiday to Sharm, 11 nights all inclusive, had a fantastic holiday and only put on 2.5 pounds while I was there, which I was pretty pleased with! I think pre-band it would have been 8-10 pounds so it's good to see the band doing its job. Anyway since I've been back I've been following the rules again and have lost 3.5 pounds so I'm back on track again. I've got an appt with my surgeon a week Monday and I'm going to ask for a small fill then which should set me up for a good start to getting some more weight off for the summer.
Have a good week all! X

Well done Mel. Nice to see you back, glad you had a lovely time xxx

Well done all the losers! Those who are struggling - that was me for most of the previous 9 months but something inside my head has finally clicked. The combination of a tiny (0.25ml) fill and the fact that I am taking tiny bites is working. I used to take normal bites, not chew properly and get things stuck so I was always pb'ing and then stuck to slider foods which defeated the whole object! Now I am really careful taking minuscule bites, chewing really really well and waiting between mouthfuls. Before I would have the fork ready for the next mouthful before I finished the last but am taking my time now. And you know what - it does actually work! Is there a smiley with a lightbulb over its head because that's me at the moment! Think back to when you first started and the reasons why we are putting ourselves through this and for the private patients the cost aswell. Mine cost £6k and I think what else I could do with that money. I was in a dark place just a month ago but am really positive now, it's all connected - the bite sizes, chewing etc. I hardly feel hungry at all and I know it can't be just the fill. It has taken me this long to 'get it' but I am on the right path now so please stick with it if it's nots going well - maybe make an appointment to see your dietician again, I was avoiding mine but you do need their support, that's what they are there for.

Take care all and here's to a good week next week for everyone.

Forgot to add in my previous sermon (!) that tracking your calories does help - I even 'have' to have treats to get my calories up! Who would have thought that would be me. Lots of people find it easy but more and more of us are creeping out of the woodwork who are finding it not as we thought and so tended not to post - its easy to come on here when you have lost but not so when you have stayed the same again. Chin(s!) up everyone lol!

Haven't been weighed (given it up for lent) but recycled 5 pairs of trousers, 3 tops and 4 jumpers as they are too big. Previously have always saved them in the attic in case they are needed in the future, which they always were, this time an getting rid!!! :)

Only 1lb off again today (cry) - I've got my first fill booked for 10 March so hopefully that will help. I'm tracking my cals and am always under 1000 so I think I need to get my exercise head on!

Well done to all the losers!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Karen_Ponte said:
Only 1lb off again today (cry) - I've got my first fill booked for 10 March so hopefully that will help. I'm tracking my cals and am always under 1000 so I think I need to get my exercise head on!

Well done to all the losers!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Try not to go too low Karen. Most of us don't go under 1000. I think Mazza lost all her weight on 1200 and Flutterby has reached 100lbs on about that. What has your dietician suggested? Mine told me to stick to 1200.

As ever I'm the exception having around 800 a day, but for me it works...but was told by nutrionist usually 1000/1200. They said to me to keep going as for me it's obviously working particularly as I'm losing fat mass versus muscle mass, so they're not concerned. There's always one oddball hey lol x

Well done all the losers! Those who are struggling - that was me for most of the previous 9 months but something inside my head has finally clicked. The combination of a tiny (0.25ml) fill and the fact that I am taking tiny bites is working. I used to take normal bites, not chew properly and get things stuck so I was always pb'ing and then stuck to slider foods which defeated the whole object! Now I am really careful taking minuscule bites, chewing really really well and waiting between mouthfuls. Before I would have the fork ready for the next mouthful before I finished the last but am taking my time now. And you know what - it does actually work! Is there a smiley with a lightbulb over its head because that's me at the moment! Think back to when you first started and the reasons why we are putting ourselves through this and for the private patients the cost aswell. Mine cost £6k and I think what else I could do with that money. I was in a dark place just a month ago but am really positive now, it's all connected - the bite sizes, chewing etc. I hardly feel hungry at all and I know it can't be just the fill. It has taken me this long to 'get it' but I am on the right path now so please stick with it if it's nots going well - maybe make an appointment to see your dietician again, I was avoiding mine but you do need their support, that's what they are there for.

Take care all and here's to a good week next week for everyone.

Hey Chopster- you and me both! I could have written your post! I had a lightbulb moment this week and have been a different person in terms of dieting and this was all after seeing my dietician and having another small fill. I'm not weighing in at the moment....I find the weekly weigh-in a bit too much pressure and I'd rather announce targets acheived instead for now. My next goal is to get under the next stone and I really want this to happen before my hols on the 8th March. Fingers crossed :)

ARGH! I couldn't take it anymore!! I had to weigh myself so hunted out the scales that my boyfriend had (rubbishly) hid!
So... A day late but 13.8 which means another 4lb loss this week! Woo hoo xx

Hahaha Sophie....knew that was a hard pledge to stick to. Well done, 4lb is mega!!!!!! X

Well done sophie :)

Hi I had my first fill on Thursday and it has made a difference .I have been sick a couple of time ,Thui hasn't happened before and was a bit scary .Thanks chopster for the small bites And chewing tips .I don't know which part I didn't understand when the nurse told me this .It just seems more real from someone who has been through it .Another 1lb off this week so that s 16 all together .Well done everybody else .Liz x

Back