• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Two pound gain for me this week, but I am pretty sure it totem related, so no problems. Still at goal weight. Good luck everyone ... Hope you are losers :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Totem ... Stupid predictive text!!!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well I asked my OH to hide the scales for a month. Will it be a good idea or a terrible one time will tell........ me think? Bad idea! But want to relax about the whole thing and detach myself from emotions liked with weight food rewards etc.... will keep u all updated in couple of weeks

Well I asked my OH to hide the scales for a month. Will it be a good idea or a terrible one time will tell........ me think? Bad idea! But want to relax about the whole thing and detach myself from emotions liked with weight food rewards etc.... will keep u all updated in couple of weeks

Respect to you mis. :cool: I don't have enough restriction to rely on the band two weeks out of the month, but the other two I do, so I have to stick to my calorie counting for the moment until this lesser portion size just becomes a way of life. It just seems to keep me on track overall, especially as I am now trying to find a level where I can maintain. It may be that I could do with another quarter or half a mil fill, but I will wait a few months to decide cos at the moment I am happy. I did have lovely Sunday dinner yesterday and the band stopped me eating no more than a dinner plate size, but I have never been a tea plate size restricted sort of bander. I even managed a wee pudding too, but pre-band I would probably have had at least double. So for me, I have a lovely balance of restriction v enjoying 'normal' life.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on. Maybe one day, I too will be brave to ditch the scales :sigh: xxx

Oh Michelle I am sure this ll be one of the stupid thing I ever done. Don't get me wrong, I have restriction but still can eat everything, I can eat an egg sandwich for example but like u I still love my food too much and I am happy to have a balanced diet eating less and enjoying it more

Yeh I have to think that it's for life now, rather than do something so drastic that it's not sustainable and then ruin it... Here's to a great couple of weeks for you x

Where is everyone?

Logging every week kept me focused and motivated ...

I have lost one pound this week. Very happy because I am coming down slowly but surely!!!! Had the munchies for the first time since op this afternoon but it was thru boredom!!!!!now eaten too much veggies and not comfortable! Lesson learnt. Good luck everyone.

Kay, at least it was veggies! Mrs Flump, I welcome seeing your losses too! Just as Kay said, one pound even is a good loss! All we experienced banders want to guide you newbies in the right direction if we can.

Hi .Lost 2 stone as off today .2more to go and a fill on Thursday .I'm up to 5.75 ml should go to 6.5 ml s this week .Well done everybody else .Liz x

Well done everyone xx I am still maintaining but I do like seeing those pounds coming off laydee's and gents xxx

Scott, well done

BD, how do you find maintaining. In my mind tbh I am actually finding this more of a challenge than losing weight in the first place.

Hi .I'm still in the losing stage so maintaining is not really an issue just yet .I do find that the week before a fill I am able to eat more than usual .I would imagine that when I'm finished with the fills I will have to be careful what I eat .I hope this helps I will keep you updated and am interested in everybody else's stages as I will prob be there soon .Liz x

Oh the joy of being able to buy biscuits and crisps and sweets and not wanting to eat them all at once .I still only eat the very odd one but it's great having stuff in when people come over .I usually eat everything I can and then start the dreaded diet the next day so can't have anything in the cupboards .I'm sure some of you understand this feeling x

I know it's a great feeling isn't it! I am not perfect all of the time, but say 95 % of the time I now think if the nutritional value of what I am putting in my mouth rather than devouring a bag of chocolates or pack of biscuits just because i fancy them. Liberating :D

It's great isn't it! My other favourite words are moderation, balance and honesty. Sum up my approach to my new post-band life. Stops feelings of guilt and never ending, self-destructive behaviours. Boom boom :D

Fab !!! .I've lost 3 lb this week I'm so so pleased with my losses which maybe arn't as fast as some peoples ,but my attitude to food and eating have changed dramatically which was my aim .Liz x

3lbs is great!!! However tempting it is to compare, we are all different. Changing behaviours is key ... Onwards and downwards xxx

Last edited:
Back