• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Bella, i agree wholeheartedly. Honesty is best ... It does help to keep the focus. I know a lot of new banders get despondent in the early days, and we longerstanding ones, say bear with it. I know people often think its not going to work for them, and give up on the band AND THEIR CONTRIBUTION to the journey. Sooo pleased you have kept your positivity despite little set backs...even in a stall week, try to think what that may have meant pre-band ... Possibly a large gain :eek:

Keep the pounds rolling off :)

I feel the same .I lost 3stone in 6 months ,some people lost that amount in 3 months .Its so easy to feel like your doing something wrong .I have given myself at least a year to lose the 6 stone I want to lose .16.2 to 10.2 or thereabouts ,but If it takes 18 months or 2years so be it xxx Liz .

2lbs off this week,very suprised as I had a few naughty foods over last weekend,I've lost 66lb since my op 5.5.12 VERY happy,I loveeee my band xx

Hey Michelle, it really does help to keep track postive or negative. Honesty is key I feel, I have to be honest with myself and I am finding stating what I weight and loss and gains does keep me on track :D
Hi Bella, really pleased to see you on a losing streak. Copngratulations! Tracey xx

Good morning ladies and gents as the case may be...

Down 2lbs this week and thrilled! 17:10 whoop whoop!

Hi all . Down 2lb this week I'm now 12.7lb .It really seems to be shifting quickly again .I do wonder if having a new job that's quite stressful is a big part of this .Also I've been told that stress can make your band feel tighter and make you lose your appetite ,which has gone completely .Im not complaining though .Good luck .Liz x

scottt said:
Hi all . Down 2lb this week I'm now 12.7lb .It really seems to be shifting quickly again .I do wonder if having a new job that's quite stressful is a big part of this .Also I've been told that stress can make your band feel tighter and make you lose your appetite ,which has gone completely .Im not complaining though .Good luck .Liz x

Well done liz, I'm hoping mine starts shifting again, think I'm at limit with full as I have good restriction but maybe just a little more may just do it! Have a dietician call on Sunday so will see what she says! What fill have u got now? X

scottt said:

12.7...you skinny Minnie...fabulous!! :)

Hi Tanya and jo thanks .im up to 6.75 mls now .im really having trouble eating any meat or fish .Ive never been able to have bread rice or pasta since having the band .do you have any problems with meat or fish .Im thinking of having 1 ml removed until my job becomes less stressful .liz x

Well done everyone, I've decided to join and record my weight on Satruday's too. I've fallen into the trap of jumping n the scales all the time, and as I am 3 weeks post off and weight loss is slowing I an in danger of becoming disillussioned!! Tracey xxxx

scottt said:
Hi Tanya and jo thanks .im up to 6.75 mls now .im really having trouble eating any meat or fish .Ive never been able to have bread rice or pasta since having the band .do you have any problems with meat or fish .Im thinking of having 1 ml removed until my job becomes less stressful .liz x

I have endless troubles lol bread is a definite no no! Strange I can eat meat now whereas I couldn't before! Rice and pasta no! Pastry no! Grapes yes but very carefully, much the same with all fruit! Veg and salad is all fine tho! This fill was a massive learning curve that's for sure but I still think a bit more wont hurt!! May wait a couple of months now tho! I have 6.35 in a 10 band!! X

Hi Tanya ,I think I will wait a while then and see how it goes .I could be ok in a few weeks .i am addicted to home made smoothies .Fat free yoghurt .fruit and ice .Its my breakfast every day .I loved fruit and really missed it at first but the smoothies really are lovely and it kills 2 birds with one stone .Friut and brekkie all at Once .Thanks for the reply it really helps me .Liz x

Had dietician call today she wanted me to have a small fill end sept but gonna wait till oct! Out of interest how do u make your own smoothies?? Might give that a go for breakfasts too!! X

210.4 this morning which is .2 less than this time last week but I count this as a good thing as I'm on hols at my parents' and hiding the fact I got the band from them so eating a lot of delicious and fattening foods. They've noticed I eat a lot less but I've been talking about stomach troubles for months so they assume it's that :p so yes, I'll take a stall quite gladly lol.

I really want to lose another 10lbs by Xmas I haven't lost as much or as fast as I was hoping to tbh, I know a lot of it is my own fault, I haven't been working hard enough at it but I don't feel the band is helping as much as I'd expected either. Anyway, I really need another fill I think. I think I have one scheduled sometime next week. I really need to check :)

tanychance said:
Had dietician call today she wanted me to have a small fill end sept but gonna wait till oct! Out of interest how do u make your own smoothies?? Might give that a go for breakfasts too!! X

Hi .All you need is a small pot of whichever yogurt you like ,I use plain .Add some fresh or frozen Fruits ,add about 5 or 6 ice cubes and blend together .Make sure your blender is ok with ice .I just got a new one called a ninja .Yes it really is called that .i make soups and all sorts in it .Frappuchinos ,spoonful of coffee and milk and ice .have a try the fruit ones are great as I can't really eat solids in the mornings .liz x

Hi all .Stayed the same this week .Going on holiday in 4 weeks so would love to lose a few more pounds before that ,but if not no problem .3 stone lighter than last year .Liz x

Back