• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Thanks Meggie Moo :) and frustrated is not the word lol I am regretful and angry. I cannot help feeling this way. Before surgery you hear so many great stories and wonderful experiences I do not recall hearing of anyone who had a band and did not loose weight but now I am on the other side I see stories like mine a lot.
If I could go back in time I would NOT have it done that I am 100% certain of.
But thanks :) nice to be back and see such lovely users around.

Oh Hun big hugs x how many fills have you had now?

How much have you lost since being banded?

Hi all

I am weighing in on a Friday but will post on here.

Lost 2.5 this week taking me to 38lb loss x

On target for 3 stone for xmas.

Bella - Ive replied to you on another thread, I really feel for you, can't you get more advice from your dietician?? I know you expect the band to do most of the work but sadly it won't! You need to find the willpower from somewhere. Maybe if the dietician could help you in choosing foods that will keep you fuller for longer it might help.

Come on think of the money, work with it.

Good luck and don't give up x x x

Wobbly71 said:
Hi all

I am weighing in on a Friday but will post on here.

Lost 2.5 this week taking me to 38lb loss x

On target for 3 stone for xmas.

Bella - Ive replied to you on another thread, I really feel for you, can't you get more advice from your dietician?? I know you expect the band to do most of the work but sadly it won't! You need to find the willpower from somewhere. Maybe if the dietician could help you in choosing foods that will keep you fuller for longer it might help.

Come on think of the money, work with it.

Good luck and don't give up x x x

Well done wobbly another fab loss x

Hi all.Lost 2 this week.Bella I understand completely what you are going through .I had pose procedure last year in may .It didnt work £8000 down the drain .I had a band this year in January and it did work .The frustration and anger I felt is hard to explain .I got so so sick of feeling that way that I decided to have the band .I didn't hear of a single failed pose before my op .Afterwards I heard of tons .i was really badly directed by the clinic as it was the wrong procedure for me .I hope it works out for you and you start to lose soon .Liz

Fantastic losses guys, well done!!!

Only 1lb for me this week, to be honest I'm glad I lost something, anything :)

Here's to a better week xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done everyone.

Sas - how long havve you been at slimming world? Have u just joined to stick to a healthier diet. I was thinking about it just for the accuracy of the scales.

The scales at THG are mad, I've been weighed on 2 sets in there and there's about 6 or 7 pound difference.

I work in health so have been using scales at work but I do like getting awards ha ha x

Does the plan fit in well with the band x

Well done all!

It's sad to read when things aren't going well but hopefully then also makes others realise that getting to goal is far from an easy ride, takes grit and determination, willpower , restraint, exercise and a healthy diet. The band is no magic cure or quick fix, you need to work hard to get results! We are in control of what goes in our mouths

Hello!!

Can I join you all?
I was banded last week and am on the liquid diet.
I have lost 3 kg this week (around 6lb).
Well done to all of us!!! :-D

Gerry xxx

snack said:
5 lbs for me this week good luck everyone xx

That's brilliant! I've only lost 1lb this week but i know I've lost inches as my pj bottoms are falling down! Hopefully things will improve after I've had first fill on 10th nov!

Hi!

Start weight 17.13
Last week weight 16 stone 0.2
Today 15 stone 11 :) :)

Finally started moving properly now after 2 and a half weeks! Had my first fill of 2.5ml yesterday :)

Wobbly71 said:
Well done everyone.

Sas - how long havve you been at slimming world? Have u just joined to stick to a healthier diet. I was thinking about it just for the accuracy of the scales.

The scales at THG are mad, I've been weighed on 2 sets in there and there's about 6 or 7 pound difference.

I work in health so have been using scales at work but I do like getting awards ha ha x

Does the plan fit in well with the band x

Tbh I only joined as my son has a weight problem and cos he's only 14 he has to have a paying adult to go with him.
It's actually a godsend as I know I am going to be weighed each week, so stops me sabotaging things :) plus my band is empty until 11th December, and I'm struggling too!
I make him eat all the same things I do only bigger, and he lost 2lb this week and is so pleased, poor love has been full of cold and really unwell.
Their scales show me as 4lb heavier than my house ones, and I think mine are on the way out anyway so Going to keep the sw scales as my weekly check.
I only joined last week, but the plan is so easy, mostly protein and veg which is very similar to my providers guidelines.
Going its a win win for us both xxx :)

I was banded on Tuesday, do I'm not going to get on the scales, but I will be with you all next Saturday for my first weigh in. Can't wait xx

Oh Hun big hugs x how many fills have you had now?

How much have you lost since being banded?

Since being banded.... 15lbs. My other 14lbs was the two weeks pre op. I don't know about you but 15lbs in 4 months is NOT what I expected. 1.5~2lbs a week I would have been thrilled with. I am following the rules and doing all the things I was a little busy to do a month ago with some things going on in private but I still was not over indulging just not drinking as much water or having time to work out but I was doing a lot of other physical stuff, so I did not expect to only have lost 15lbs 4 months in.
I am following dieticians advice, its not about that, it is not about cals or anything else, its just not doing what it said on the tin it was going to, its quite upsetting a lot of users do not understand that and keep advising me to speak to my dietician. But I am sure they mean well :)

And my weigh in this week SHOCKER!!!! 17:08 again! lol... I have to laugh otherwise I would cry :cry:

SAS1 said:
Wobbly and Scott well done yay!:)

I just weighed myself on my own scales and lost 4lb - so 15st 6lb. So happy!!!

Off to slimming world in moment where I weigh 4lb heavier, reckon they set scales heavier to keep you going!!! Lol :) xxx

That's a brilliant loss well done Sharon x

Back