• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

7 meals out in 7 days ... and still 2lbs off :)

Off to collect my christmas feast from M&S now ... hope everyone has had a good week, and has a fab christmas xxx

flutterby1966 said:

Off to collect my christmas feast from M&S now ... hope everyone has had a good week, and has a fab christmas xxx

Well done!
Hope you have a lovely christmas too :) xxx

flutterby1966 said:

That's fab matey x

2lb off for me this week....and I havent been a saint either....feeling pretty guilty at how the snacks have crept in the run up to the big day....the old xmas excuse...so need to be careful this next week...its only another week....yes I can relax but do I need to revert to old habits and pig out on the tin of chocolates?!!!!

Good news is if I behaved I could hit my half way mark next week on my journey down to 10 stone....I wonder if....?

Wishing all of you a fab Xmas, and lets see what damage we've done by this time next week!! :)

5lb lost this week very happy :) I am in the 16 st now, not been there for a couple of years, hope everybody has a fantastic Christmas and thanks for all your support Jo, Mis and everybody else xxxxxxxxx

We love ya sue....you go girl...dead pleased on reading this..you loser lol!!!! Have a fab Xmas!!!!! Xx

Jo thank you your texts wen I have been down your encouragement, your a star thank you mate, all the best for x mas Hun xxx

You're welcome hun...you brighten my day when I go food shopping...pringles always hold a memory now :) xx

Well done sue. Been in devon since Thursday so ll miss this week weight in and ll report next week. Well done flutterby it shows that u still can go out enjoy urself and loose weight. Like normal people do :) Jo u go girl nearly half way in what not even 3 months it is a wonderful result big round of applause and Sue so glad for u and u reached the 16s then it ll be 15, 13 :):):) keep going girls we can all do it and look fab for the summer. Merry Xmas everyone, lots of laugh, love and family and friends time to enjoy xxx

woo well done karen

u dont wana know how crap i have been

just got back from hols and eating like there is no tomorrow.... massive 5lbs on! back in obese :(

magicbeans said:
woo well done karen

just got back from hols and eating like there is no tomorrow.... massive 5lbs on! back in obese :(

Clean slate n all that...focus again and it will soon be off!!! x

woo well done karen

magicbeans:hug99:good to see you. I was wondering where you were. You will soon have that 5 pounds off.

Well done to everyone this week - not an easy time for anyone with soooo much temptation. Well the New Year is nearly upon us. I am not one for resolutions but next year I am 50 and I feel like really going for it and getting as much weight off as I can. I hate getting hung up on scales so I will not do weigh ins but I am going to be encouraging all of you that do and hopefully that will keep me motivated.

Now to tempt some of the lurking bandits back and posting again:D

tranquil x

Happy new year banders, i hope that 2012 is a successful year for everyone.

I know i haven't been on for awhile but I have manged to finish 2011 42.9kgs lighter. I have trimmed 25cms from my waist, from a size 56" to 46", and moved from a 5XL shirt to a 2XL.

I hope this year to trim another 30kgs from my current weight but ultimately it will be body shape that will dictate where I go and not the scales.

Good luck to everyone on their own journies.

Travellingman

Well done TM and nice to see you back. Hope you can post more about your experiences - I for one am interested in the different approach your provider seems to take - and it is clearly working for you. Happy New Year.

tranquil x

Thanks TB

I am using a private clinic which gives you access to dieticans, psychologists, physiotherapists and of course your surgeon who monitors your weight loss and fat % to determine your band top ups etc. i have 8.5mls in my band and my last 3 top ups have been 0.5 mls.

My last visit was in Dec and my next in Feb spaced 8 weeks apart, this will continue to my surgery date, July 13th.

The surgeon says that you need to lose and keep off 25 kg by your 1st anniversary to be a successful bander.

My surgery cost approx $5,500 on top of my own private health fund contributions and I have received about $600 back from the govt health scheme.

The remaining $5000 I can claim off my income tax next financial year which is a good incentive as well.

I have spent my time at the gym just doing cardio but once i go below 125 kgs I will start adding a weights program in as well.

If I could only shrink those size 14 feet life would be great, big shoes are still difficultt to buy!

I am still a cheap date when we go out, just ordering an entree for my dinner. Due to the nature of my job I tend to just drink diet shakes at lunchtime to ensure that I have at least had a meal during the day, this is my choice and not the dietican who would rather see me eat smaller meals but I find this quick, easy and convienent for my lifestyle.

TM

Had a cheeky weigh-in last Sunday and had lost a pound. Another lost now ... so that takes this weeks loss to 2lbs. Really pleased, as I have had a fab Christmas week with lots of treats. Only this evening and tomorrow to get through and then will be back at work, so easier to keep on the straight and narrow hopefully.

Good luck everyone with your weigh-ins this week - and hope you have a fantastic evening brining in the New Year xxx

Woops! Stayed the same this week <head hung in shame> shan't make excuses...we know why!!!! :(

Back