• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Yay! Lost 1lb, finally! I'm such a slow loser though! I'm seriously struggling. I have some restriction now and make healthy choices and all but my body is fighting me. I think I need to eat more as I seem to lose more on the days where I eat more but I can only fit in so much and don't have much interest in food other than my brain sometimes going, "shouldn't we be eating now?" mostly 'cause it's used to me eating constantly. But my tummy's only just stopped hurting and I don't want to go through that again lol.

Ahh, so frustrated!

Well...here I am with my slow losses!! Have been on shifts for 7 weeks and nights for the last 2 and have struggled with eating enough....especially on those pesky nights!! Starting weight 16.10 ... 15th march, current weight is now 14.6 .. Happy with that as I can feel the difference in clothes and now the size 14's are slackening off now so inch loss is just as good as actual weight loss in my eyes!! Well done on the losses x

Hi everyone. Thought I might as well start posting here now as I've been banded 3 weeks. Lost 16lbs now....woop! Banded on 15th june....down from 16'4 to 15'2. Hurrah!

Great work all of you! Remember fast or slow, it's the end result that counts, stay positive! X

Whoopwhoop ... A dateto remember ... Well done x

Last edited:
14'13. So happy to be in the 14s.

Looking good girlies :)

Still early days thump don't dishearten now! what's your calorie/protein/carb intake like daily?

Good morning everyone :) First week post op and I lost 6lbs wooo hooo! That is 20lbs in total from pre op diet. Not bad for 3 weeks :)

Bella'sBand said:
Good morning everyone :) First week post op and I lost 6lbs wooo hooo! That is 20lbs in total from pre op diet. Not bad for 3 weeks :)

Fantastic bella!! X

:) Thanks Jo :)

Hi all .Ive lost 3 stone now and only one left to go , and had probably my last fill .I don't know if this is normal but I have no appetite at all ,not just a feeling of fulness but no appetite at all .Im not complaining but I wondered if every body had this feeling .Well done to everyone else this week .Liz x

Good afternoon everyone. Not a happy bunny today. Two weeks post op and have put on 1lb how is that possible?!?!? I have been on the liquid diet and never even reached 800cals a day! :(
I did not think I would have a huge weight loss but I would have been thrilled with 1-2lbs off. I never though after a gastric band I would see the scales go in the other direction, especially when I have been eating or rather drinking close to nothing :(
Mazza gave a good link the other day and it made sense and I said I would not be disappointed with no weight loss without restriction, but I am :( I can't help it...
Last week I had lost 20lbs in three weeks now I have lost over all 19lbs in 4 weeks, anyone else had this experience?

2nd weeke banded and Over the moon another 5ilbs off this week. Total of 26lbs since 25th june. To celebrate I had scrambled egg for brekkie and had hummus and mushy peas for lunch. Goodbye liquids hello mushies

@Keb (kate) :) Well done. I do not know what went wrong with me putting a pound on and you managed to loose 5? I know everyone is different but I think because we had the same surgeon same day it makes it a little hard not to compare lol. But how wonderful for you, I am thrilled for you, congrats :)
I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong to change it :(

Last edited:
@bella ... Often this happens very early on. For some people it works, but less than 800 cals is very low and the body can go into starvation mode for lots of us. I had exactly the same but once i was up to 1000+ a day (c 1100 was optimum) and lots and lots of protein the weight started dropping off. I know its hard not to compare but ... :rolleyes: bear with it x

Back