• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Thanks flutterby :) You guys here are brilliant. Thank you so much for your generous advice and of course I know you are right. I should not fear eating more and after all these years of dieting it is hard to get the ''starve and you loose'' mentality out of your head. Starving does not work, STARVING DOES NOT WORK!!! I will keep repeating it to myself till it sinks in :)
Sincerely THANK YOU :D

Well here I am and I stayed the same AGAIN!! This week will be a lot easier food wise as I am off for the summer holidays so should be able to eat enough!! I now know im due another fill as toast is going down fine again!! I haven't been able to eat bread since op! Now managing to finish meals too!! Have the dietician app by phone next week so will book in for a wee bit of a fill me thinks!!

I know inches are still going and saw a friend who I hadn't seen since before the band and she was astounded and said how many stones have I lost!!

Hopefully will have a great loss next week to tell u all as its getting very boring saying the same thing each flipping week lol ... X

Bah. One pound this week. 14'12 - so 20lbs overall in five weeks. Which is great....but is hard when it slows down. Think I am due on....very hungry and my stomach feels like a rock. Recording everything on my fitness pal and am around 800-1200 per day....also exercising around 5 times a week. Got another fill on 8th august which I think I need! Want to eat EVERYTHING (managed to resist so far!)

Afternoon banders :) Bit of a happier bunny this week...3 pounds down! Not to shabby, staying on track and not getting disheartened really did help. Even though I verbally had a really good whinge about it I did not punish myself with food or throw in the towel which before the band I most definitely would have.

Hi all .Im down 2 lb s this week ,only 1 more pound and I'm in to the 12 s .I started at 16 stone 2lb .I can't wait .All my clothes fit me again and I havnt worn some of them for 3years or more .Good luck everybody else this week .Liz x

No weightloss this week, in fact, went UP 1lb. Sigh. I've been hovering around the same weight for weeks. Losses are very slow. Will try going low carb properly as soon as I'm all moved into my new place.

Will also start running I think.

Hi. .Whats happened to all the saturday morning banders .I miss all the other stories and losses.I've finally hit the 12 s this week .im so glad it's been a long time coming ,I had my band in January ,good luck to everyone else Liz x

Well done liz. I agree, where is everyone? I used to be really motivated by posting each week. Have a good week next week :)

4 lb off for me this week! Probably due to liquid stage after 4th fill though! I will probably stall again now!! Only another 2 to get into 13's!! I don't seem to be very good at losing once back on normal food! I have 6.3 in a 10ml now so must be getting close to sweet spot!

4lbs off is fantastic. Just keep focused and it will happen :)

I'm over the moon with it honest and have found in a fantastic maintainer lol just wish I didn't have to wait for fills to lose and then maintain! I want that 2 lb off this week and get into 13's by next sat weigh in!! How long can u stay on liquid only lololol only joking I'm back on mush today! Although it's tempting! ;0))

A very angry and frustrated bunny today!

Week 4, 1 full month post op weigh in 3 POUNDS ON! :(

I really do not know what to do with myself, having major regrets. Might as well have flushed £5,000 down the loo at this point.

Bella, stick with it. It could just be monthly fluctuations. Look at the picture over a month instead? A lot of our bodies have done similar in the first few weeks and then all of a sudden ithe body decides to play catch up with the hard work put in and the pounds drop off. It may be tempting to think of dropping the calories a lot to boost weight loss, but personally I would hang on in there till you see your dietician. Go too low now and it may become more difficult in the long term. Xxx

Thanks Michelle, But even 800 cals a day made me gain a pound and increasing to 1,250 has made me put on 3. I would not have minded if I had maintained, but it is just so disheartening to put on THREE!!!
I will be sticking with it, I have no option as I feel its the money and the scars that are keeping me motivated not the band.
The thing I am having a hard time understanding is what is a fill going to do for me? Eat less, eat slower, fuller longer? Does that not all = less calories? Hence going too low obviously does not work for me ergo what is a fill going to do?
I feel at this point I am literally doing it on my own I am failing to see the benefit of the band or fills:(

I feel your pain. I had three consecutive weeks of no weight loss in the first month and it was sooooo difficult. Get through these early days and it will be worth it HONEST. I don't have full restriction all the time, so I can only tell you what I personally experience. Two weeks of the month I had (and still have to) to rely on will power and counting calories and my weight loss in those couple of weeks was low, then two weeks weight loss would improve massively as bloating / water retention made band feel tighter giving me much more restriction. Those weeks I could only eat around 1000 calories a day. When feeling that restriction I had to eat slower and chew more, and I felt fuller for longer. It did take four or five months to understand this cycle, and go with it. My body actually benefitted from the occasional boosts of calories up to a couple of thousand a day. Shock horror :rolleyes: Nothing worth doing, is easy, but you will relish your success all the more xx

Thank you Michelle it is very kind of you to take the time to encourage me and make me feel better :)
Call me dence but I really did think a band would=weigh loss from the get go even a 1lb or 2lbs a week so to be 4 weeks out and only have lost in the first week it is frustrating but I promise I will be sticking with it and my fill is just over a week away. Not to mention I speak to the dietician on Monday so perhaps she can shed some light?
I don't expect it to be easy and its not I am really working hard that is why I feel frustrated. But I am done whinging now this weeks weigh in is over and done with, so looking forward and focusing on getting into those ''17's'' :)
THANK YOU :D

Hey Keb well done you :)

What is your secret????Please share lol! We had the same surgeon on the same day, so what gives? 6lbs is fabulous I am so happy for you, any tips?
What is your diet like? Do you have anything in your band so far and what size of band is it? I think I remember you have a 14ml but I could be wrong.
6lbs wow that is sensational :D well done you :D

Well done you. What have you been doing to lose 6 in a week. Have you had any slow weeks? Any hints or tips you can share with people at your stage? X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back