• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Hi thank you both. Sorry to hear your having trouble Bella, it will happen for you. I remember people saying that before your fill it can be normal to gain a bit. I have a 10ml band which I think Mr El-Hasani left empty. First fill is on 15th August.

I only lost 1lb last week but have been losing between 3-7lbs a week with the exception of last week.

I don't know how i'm doing it! I started on normal food yesterday and had a family party and a few of glasses of wine so we'll see what happens this week.

I haven't been counting any calories or anything at this stage just trying to go with what feels right at the moment. I do feel some restriction still and can't eat as much as i could pre band, most days!! Believe me i could push it if i wanted to. My body seems to give me a little sign when I should stop its like a yawn/sigh and I stop then. On the whole I am having 3 meals a day with no snacks purely because I haven't been as hungry.

I mainly drink water and sugar free squash but have had the odd fruit juice and tropical capri sun occasionally.

Food wise breakfast has been weetabix, smoothies, scrambled eggs, omlette with cheese and ham.Lunch is a tin of tuna, crackers with light philly, soup, left over bolognese, shepherds pie etc.

Dinner has been fish pie, shepherds pie type things all homemade with veg of some description. Had carbonara Friday with macaroni pasta it was lovely. Had some pork yesterday at barbie which all went down really well. Haven't been feeling great today and vomitted earlier so hope that hasn't caused me any problems with band moving or anything. Had yogurts and custard for pudding and sometimes a milky hot chocolate just to boost my intake at the end of the day.

I have had a bit of ice cream and a little bit of chocolate over the last few weeks. I am not a saint I have been told by the nurse and dietician that it is ok in moderation and I'm eating nowhere near what i would used to so I think thats good. Some people tut tut it but I'm happy with my choices and progress.

I think we just have to find what suits us and our body. I am lucky at this stage to be where I am but very aware that things can change. Nervous about the first fill as I'm sure I'll need to adapt everything again and everything I've learnt will change.

Bella - hang in there it will happen for you, everyone adjusts so differently and it takes time. You haven't wasted your money, I'm rooting for you x

Awww Thanks for the reply Keb, I really appreciate it. Your diet sounds just like mine except I don't drink alcohol and have not touched pasta in 6 weeks lol :) I have had some chocolate mousse in replacement of yogurt as it is irritating my IBS. But I have weetabix for breakfast with lacto free milk, tuna whole grain crackers and soft cheese for lunch, chilli or shepards pie for dinner, snacks are bananas, mousse, sf ice lollies so we are not eating that much differently.
And of course you are right we are all individuals and our results will vary. With an empty 14ml band which I feel obviously no restriction with I am doing all the right things on my own and am due for my first fill on the 13th August so fingers crossed that will make a difference. I am just hoping that I do not get something silly like 1.5ml. I know Michelle said she got 7mls with her first fill in a 14ml band and I am not expecting that but 3-4 at least I am hoping for then I feel it is till only taking me to the restriction of an empty 10ml lol Oh what to do.
Thanks for your lovely words and support, there are some wonderful users here who have really truly helped me over the past two days.
I am sure I have no wasted my money :) and feel reniewed today to focus on next saturday and forget about yesterday. Onwards and DOWNWARDS (scales~wise that is ;D)

Thank you Bella x

Happy bunnies restored :) 3lbs down this week! What is it with me and 3lbs I feel like a yoyo! :)

Wel done ladies. Just keep thinking positive :D

Happy bunnies restored :) 3lbs down this week! What is it with me and 3lbs I feel like a yoyo! :)
Yeh!! Well done Bella - you're such a loser!!!! Pleased it is happening. T xxx

May as well join u ladies on the Saturday weigh in as I never log it on here so here goes 6 pounds off for me this week xx

Well done snack ... Happy days :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Lol thanks tracey :D I have never been happier to be called a ''LOSER! LOSER!'' hehe...

Way to go SNACK check you out whoop whoop! :D

Thank you Michelle too ;D Just read the previous page :)

Well done ladies...now you're talking!!! :)

3 off for me this week! Now into 13's! 13.13 to be precise....although mood has been deflated by the husband I'm still over the moon!! I am finally out of that super long stall I was in!! X

That's excellent loss :D don't let hubby keep you deflated x

Hi ladies, I'm a bit rubbishi at routinely weighing so going to try to keep track on this thread. Here are weights so far in my journey:

17July - 311lbs - day decided to have a band
25 July - 308lbs - weight when I started using this forum
3 August - 302lbs - day of operation
18 August - 288.5lbs - 2 week post op and 13.5lbs down since surgery!!

I always give or take by 3lbs as I have very mild hereditary lymphodema which can lead Fo fluctuation in weight either way.

This said, I am really pleased with my overall loss of 22.5lbs :)

Well done on your progress :D

Hi .Lost 2.5 lbs this week .Now 12.9 lbs can't wait to hit the 11 s .Well done everybody else Liz x

Hi all :) This weeks weigh in 3lbs down! :party0048:Oh yeah!

Kep doing the same and updating your signature with little positive/negative icons, and soon enough you will see a cycle x

Hey Michelle, it really does help to keep track postive or negative. Honesty is key I feel, I have to be honest with myself and I am finding stating what I weight and loss and gains does keep me on track :D

Back