• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Just the one pound for me. At least is going down. It is very frustrating because I am hungry ALL the time, never feel full and not enjoying what I am eating!! Don't know what I e pelted, but life like this is not it!

Tubbytutor .... If you are hungry all the time and not losing weight, what types of food are you eating ? Could it be you are not eating enough of the right types of food? Sometimes you think you need to eat very little to lose and that's not always the case. If I am eating the right types of band friendly foods including lots of protein such as chicken/egg/fish/cheese I still even lose on 1400-1600 cals a day without exercising, although 1100-1200 was my optimum level for losing. Are you keeping a food diary at these early stages as sometimes it still helps keep the focus and can help identify approaches that could maybe be tweaked for greater potential success x

Hi flutterby.

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to eat properly. I use my fitness pal. It's hard though because most of my food is home cooked from scratch so I have to guess some of the portion sizes etc. it does say that I am not eating enough, usually getting 800 to 900 calories, but I'm worried about me being not being accurate enough and under estimating portion sizes so I daren't eat any more.

I am having problems explaining to my husband and mother what I can and cannot eat (I am disabled so don't do much of my own cooking) but I need to try harder. I have seen you give the same sort of advice to others and their successes when they listen to you....... I shall try to follow it too!!

Thanks again.
Jenny

I do feel for you as its not easy if you are not in control of what you are going to eat. I do do a lot of homeooking as well as eating out and calculate the overall recipe calories with myfitnesspal and then divide into portions so I know each time approximately how many calories will be in my size portion. Could you get them to cook in batches and then freeze ? ;) that way you are in control but they are still doing the work for you. Also maybe take the control of the meals you can ... So breakfast ... Crackers and protein or maybe a yoghurt and cereal .... Measure how many calories in a spoon (i use the spoons you use for baking which are accurate ... then you can just tell hubby exactly how much you want) couple of times and then you don't need to obsess over weighing etc. Exactly what types of food are you eating? Band friendly ie crunchier as the texture leaves you feeling fuller for longer and gets those stomach muscles working? Or slider foods which serve their purpose sometimes (heh, I am not perfect) but sometimes leave you wanting more ... Share your food diary and I am sure there will be other banders with similar predicaments who can come up with some better/practical suggestions. And in the meantime be positive, any loss is a step in the right direction xxx

Morning everyone,,hope your all well?im the same this week !!!!!!havent lost anything, been sat in the garden not doing much? Off to turkey tomoz,,, sooooooo will see what next week brings? Good luck everybody,,,,,,, well done on the losses x ruby x

Good day everyone ! Not been on for two weeks,,,,,still at 12.6/7 ish sticking a bit now,,,soooo try a little harder next week? Good luck to everyone x ruby

Not sure how much ive lost since I was last on this thread but ive hit three mini targets: under 15 stone (14st 13lb), size 16 top and bottom, in a womens belt (had a mans x large from burtons for ages). V v happy. Well done and good luck to all x

Well done you losers :)

Well done everybody, keep up the good work x

Hi, everyone ? Hope you are keeping fit and well ? 1lb for me this week. So 12.5 ish still plodding on,,,,,,,at least its not on the up ! Small defill this week for me so i can get some protien in? Ill let you know how i get on ? Good luck for next week xxx ruby

Great. Good to see you back and dropping those dress sizes :)

Not been on for ages, just reading up on how well everyone is doing!!! I'm now at 13st 9lb so that's around 4lb off 4 stone lost. Struggled a bit, had the band deflated a few months ago, but back on track now, and woohoo in a size 16 from 22 :) xxx

Well done you x glad to see your ok and doing so well x

Good morning everyone hope you are all well ? 12.2lbs this week, been away so back at it now,,, going for a tiny fill in 2weeks time...my 1 year anniversary too ! 6 stone down so very pleased and happy with my band xx good luck for next week x ruby x

Happy surgiversary and congratulations on your achievement :)

Not quite there yet,,,still stuck ,,,the last 2 lbs is. Refuseing to budge! Gonna walk the legs of my chihouahs next week. Lol! Good luck for next week xxxxxxruby

Back