• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The three musketeers - final push to a healthy weight

Thanks M, your so kind and supportive xxx

Where is everyone!!!! I would say everyone must be out enjoying the sun but we aint had none!!! Well i've been plodding along eating well and naughty! Went to see my dietician and she says i should get down to 10 stone! I'm sure i was that at birth! Not sure whether to change my target of 11 stone or not or maybe meet in the middle at 10.7?? I'm just over 15 months post-op now and am still losing on average of 3-4lbs a month which the dietician expects not sure i do though! At my lightest now of 11.6 which i honestly can never remember weighing so it's all smiles here. Hope everyone else is doing ok, be nice to see you posting on here again, take care xxx

Oops, you're right Lisa it is a little quiet on here.

I would say set your target wherever you feel comfortable, but if you are still losing then perhaps just see where you end up. Many people have a little bit of a rebound once the weight loss stops so you may for a brief time go below the weight you want to be.

Your current BMI though is about same as mine, and if I never lose another ounce I will still be chuffed.

Just resurrecting this thread as I have a date to see the plastics consultant and it has inspired me to have another push and see if I can get any weight off before my consultation. I have been stuck at 12st 2 for what feels like forever. Im hopeful I can lose 3lb in 3 weeks to get me into the 11's.

Thats great news about the appointment Sam and hopefully that 3 pounds will pop away before you see them

Good luck

M

Well, a stressful day today as a load of water came through the dining room ceiling from the bathroom above resulting in an insurance claim, so needless to say my diet hasnt been perfect, but at least I didnt end up in the biscuit tin.

Hoping for a better start to tomorrow!

Hi guys, just popping in Sam to say I'm just about at the same stage as your good self. I have been stuck at 12 stone 4lbs since June, the scales haven't budged so much as half a pound either side of that! My shape has changed though, I've gone down a clothes size.

I too am now just going through the plastic surgery procedure - I had a pre op consulktation lasting 1 1/2hrs just yesterday morning and already have a couple of dates in mind for the op. December is looking good for me. I will require a curcumferential tummy tuck, also known as a lower body lift. The boobs (or lack of!) and arms I can live with for now but the belly has to go!

Anyway would love to know how you get on, good luck with your appointment xx

Cuppa xx

Hi all, i'm really pleased for you sam and cuppa, exciting times ay! Im just too scared and wouldnt know where to start! It's my arms that are the worse, boobs, tummy and inner thighs aint great but not too bad so can live with them.
Today ive lost a total of 11 stone which im delighted with but the last stone really has taken its time to budge almost 5 months! Im now 11.3 so 4lb more and i'll be where i never thought id be.....in the 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello ladies,

Its lovely to see how everyone is getting on. Good luck with the plastics Cuppa, and cant wait to hear how it all goes. There seems to be a few of us at this stage now of either having or waiting for plastics.

Lisa, WOW, 11 stones gone. Incredible hun. It must feel incredible being so close to being 10 stone something.

The scales have been kind to me this week and finally started moving again. I havent been a saint, but have tried to drink more and not have too many treats and have dropped 2lb, so am now exactly 12stones! I actually cant remember the last time I was this light, it was probably at the age of about 16/17. Im really really hoping that I can drop another 1lb and be 11st something at my consultation next Monday.

Well done Sam!! fingers crossed for the 11's!!

Mind if I join you guys? I need some encouragement again. I am doing well and pleased with my weight loss but need to shift a bit more. I definitely want my boobs lifted and reduced and I could use some lipo on my inner thighs. Some day I would like my tummy done but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. My hubby thinks I look amazing but I would like to look better naked.

Hi FL

Welcome aboard, the more the merrier.

I always forget about updating this thread. I did finally make it into the 11s yesterday morning - only just though! I was 11st 13 3/4. Still, its the first time for about 15 years that Ive weighed anything beginning with an 11 so I'll take it.

The antidepressants Im on seem to have curbed my appetite (although its only been 2 days) so will need to keep an eye on that. Not complaining for the moment, as long as Im able to get in the nourishment I need.

Thats great news Sam the 11s are like the holy grail to me so I'm well pleased for you. Can I just ask though what did the PS say about losing weight will it effect your op? Or are they happy that in your situation your weight will reduce from when they weighed you at the consultation. Not trying to rain on your marvellous news just curious how they view stable

M

Morning M,

I did ask that as I was *worried* that I may lose a little more over the 7 months till my next appointment. Whilst my weight has been at a virtual stand still for months now, at only 13 months out theres always a chance that I might continue to lose a little bit more.

He said losing a few lb's or even half a stone is fine - that's only 1lb a month, and the lower BMI, the less likely I would be to develop any complications. I have heard of some surgeons insisting their patients do try to lose before their ops before putting them on the list.

Its putting on that he has a problem with, and if Ive gained even 1lb I wont be going on his list. Im so stressed by this that any loss I get now Im seeing as a bonus, or a cushion incase I start to regain between now and next May.

Snap Sam!! Yesterday morning my scales finally dropped into the 11s and mine too said 11.13 and 3/4!! :D It feels good huh?! :D xx

Hi everyone thought i'd post on here to give it a bump! How's everyone doing? I reached my target of 11 stone last week and was thrilled not sure if my target was too high as i'm only 5"3 and perhaps should of aimed for 10-10.7?? It's just that i cant imagine being that weight but then again i guess it's out of my hands! I'm 19 months post-op now so imagine i'm running out of time anyway either way im so so happy. Hope everyone is well and happy and looking forward to xmas! xxx

Back