• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The three musketeers - final push to a healthy weight

Only me then so here goes Sunday's food:

2 boiled eggs and 2 slices nimble with lite spread
Protein shake
salmon filet with salad
Protein shake
Chicken salad
Raspberries, natural yoghurt, extra lite philly and lemon juice and splenda
6 pringles

Menu getting a bit samey but thats OK saves me having to think at the mo when there are masses of other things to think about at home.

M

Afternoon M,
I am still here, I'm just kind of rethinking what I actually want to achieve. I'm 11st 5lbs and have remained the same for weeks and weeks. I have gone up and down a couple of pounds, but I'm staying the same basically. Maybe this is nature's way of saying 'this is it' 'no more losing for you'. What is so special about getting to 10 stone something, as opposed to 11st 5? I'm not dieting at all so maybe that's telling me that I am already accepting that I am what I am. I'm a comfortable size 14 and a size 12 in trousers.

im having comp issues which is why im not around, i am still reading with great interest and i am still sorta here!!!

.x.

Oops ... Sorry M. On your own there for a couple of days!

Ive been that busy Ive just forgotten to post to be honest. Friday ended up not too bad. Was at silverstone but had a few bites of a hotdog and 2 calippo's as it was soooo hot. Had some buffet food in the evening at moms party, but chose well and didnt over eat. We wont mention the wine though.

Saturday was pretty uneventful. More of the same Sunday. Has actually been a very dull weekend!

Back to work today. Have had an alpen bar for brekkie, a tin of soup for lunch and some grapes for a snack. Not sure whats for tea yet - theres some salmon left over from yesterday so might have that with some salad.

Didnt get the promotion I applied for which would normally have sent me to the biscuit tin, but I'm actually Ok with it and not tempted to eat at all.

Gilla, I know what you mean. Im in a similar position having been stuck for yonks, but will keep trying to post to keep me sort of on the straight and narrow.

No worries ladies, no problem with it being just me at all but delighted to see everyone again. I'm the same not where I thought but not losing at the mo. Still plodding on

M

Hi all, hope your all being good?!!!!!!!!!

I've been awful! We've been without a cooker(electrics)for 4 days so i've eaten nothing but c**p! Pizza, mcdonalds ect...im soooooo naughty! Electrics getting fixed on thursday so i've really got to sort myself out before i do any severe damage! On the good side of things my TOTM's came back today they went missing for some strange reason last month(only the 2nd time since op 14mths ago)so it was good to be reunited with them! Weight's stayed the same which isnt surprising considering both of the above! Hope your all well xxx

Here we are again

Food for Tuesday:
3 x decaff coffee
Cottage cheese and 2 slices of nimble
protein shake
Cottage cheese and nimble
Protein shake (blame the government no time to get anything else too busy reading the new white paper and fielding phone calls in relation to it)
1/3rd of 3 starters at Pizza Hut and 1/3rd cinnaom apple crunch and ice cream
NAS Squash
Coffee latte with decaff coffee

So thats me back tomorrow if patients and doctors allow me time

M

Yesterday, special K, banana, tin of heinz big soup and some buffet style food in the evening but stayed off the carbs and chose protein rich foods.

Today, alpen bar, grapes, banana, half a cheese sandwich and having spaghetti carbonara for my tea but that will be later - not hungry in the slightest yet.

Yesterday was not so good

Nimble and cheese sandwich
Protein shake
Nimble and cottage cheese sandwich
Strawberries and natural yoghurt, lemon juice and extra lite philly cheese and splenda
Out for meal and things go downhill rapidly
Bottle of wine
Chocolate sundae dessert
Cheesy garlic bread
Cajun salmon didn't eat the rice

never mind back to it today

M

I'm off to Great Yarmouth for the weekend oh no hot doughnuts!!!!! Have a good weekend everyone!! xxx

Yarmouth great got to love the East Coast, enjoy it all and try to avoid the doughnuts after the first 3!!!

Here we are again at the weekend and doing OK. Yesterday and Thursday I tried to pull it back a bit from the 2 meals out. They were almost identical days both suffering from a lack of lunch ..thank the lord for protein bars and shakes...so I won't bore you with both of them

Food:

3 x decaff coffee black
B: Protein shake
L: Protein bar x 2 - Atkins
S: Protein shake
D: Chicken and Prawns

So not brilliant and the weekend isn't promising to be much better. The new white paper on the NHS has thrown all of our local health economy into mad frenzy and although it is 2013 before it starts the changes are major in terms of restructuring. Happy days spent counselling my partners not to either shove their heads in the oven just yet or no we won't be suddenly being sent our budgets in cash and need to employ securicor!!! So food somewhat rushed as you can see

Doing my best

M

Morning all. Nothing exciting planned for the weekend here except chores unfortunately .

Im getting really frustrated now that these scales just are not budging. I really wanted to get a few lb's off before my next check up at hospital next Friday.

Yesterdays food was not good at all.

Special K
Alpen Bar.
Chicken bake from Greggs
1 sausage and 3 oven chips
2 ryvita sesame with dairylea light.

My restriction even at 10 months is still great. 1 sausage and 3 chips and I was stuffed yesterday and thats a typical portion size for me, although i usually make better choices than that...

I've been stuck at this weight for ages and ages now. i really dont think the scales are going to go down any further.

Morning Sam, how did your choose your ideal weight? I'm beginning to think that the weight I'm at now (11st 5lbs) is the natural weight for me, when you include the loose skin weight. You're taller than me and you look great, do you still feel there's more to lose?

Yesterday became another cake day. I've been really good over the last couple of weeks and not been eating cake but one of the nurses at work has taken to baking cakes and bringing a selection in, every day, to sell. It's toooooooo tempting so yesterday I had a muffin and a slice of lemon cake.

B : 1 toast plus cream cheese
L : Muffin
D : jacket potato with cheese and ham
snack : lemon cake

Morning Gilla

I chose my goal weight to be at the top end of healthy. Im still a good stone and a half away from where I want to be, and do have a lot of loose skin which Im hoping I get get rid of, but I do feel that I should still aim for a healthy weight.

I think my body has other ideas though, and try as I might I just cannot shift this weight. Ive tried eating less, eating more, drinking more, exercising less, exercising more and nothing seems to work.

I know yesterdays menu didnt look good, but I do make good choices most of the time. I'd say my average cals are around 1000-1200.

I think if I could get my BMI to where you are now Gilla, around the 25/26 mark Id be happy to settle there until the skin comes off.

Sam...have you tried probiotics and/or protein shakes? I had reallllllllly slowed down losing the weight lately and my usual helper of an Actimel each day wasnt doing much for me (usually boosts my losses so worth a try) and so I decided to resort to trying the shakes and since I did I have lost 6lbs in two weeks, so I would say that its definately the shakes that are helping.
May be worth a try if you havent already?
Steph xxz

Thanks for that Steph. Do you tend to have the shakes as a meal replacement, or do you have one between meals?

I tend to have them in place of a mid morning/mid afternoon 'snack' kind of thing. They can be filling though so could easily be exchanged for a meal I guess.
I dont have them religiously a few times a day, usually just one a day and if I miss a day then that is fine. I also started having a slice of Bergens Soya and Linseed bread each day, which is good stuff and I started that at the same time as the shakes, so have seriously upped my protein, so Im putting the upped losses down to that.
If you look on my pictures on Facebook on the Randoms album you will see a picture of the exact shake that I use, it is really nice, verging on a little too sweet for me but it is VERY pallatable and definately worth a try.
Hope this helps xx
Steph xx

can i ask how much you lovely lot can eat in one go, maybe some examples (sam i saw your post so you dont need to lol)

its just i think my portion sizes are creeping up even though my hubby says otherwise.

I can manage a whole small jacket spud, with beans! i was shocked... though that being said, a couple of dough balls, and 3 forks of salad and i was done today!

i can now manage a whole bowl of porridge.. and im really hoping its just cos its sloppy.

i havent lost any weight for months now, and im wondering if this is why?

So to all youy lovely peeps who are around my stage, could you pllllleeeeeaaaassseeeee give me some typical examples of how much you can eat in one sitting?

thank you

.x.

The foods you have listed are similar quantities to what I can eat Bee. I could easily do a small bowl of porridge, or a small jacket with beans. They are soft foods though and go down easily.

If I stick to more dense foods (which I rarely do, although I know I should) my portion size is dramatically reduced. Eg the 1 chipolata sausage I had yesterday left me stuffed for hours. If I have a sandwich I usually only manage 1/2. If I have a roast dinner I would have 1 slice of meat with maybe 1 roast potato, 1/2 a small yorkie pud and some veg. Whatever I eat, my portions are always a little smaller than my 6 year old can eat. I use her portions as a gauge to make sure Im not over eating.

Hope thats given you some idea. I think your portions are fine. Are you grazing at all, because Im sure thats been my downfall.

Hi Bee,

For breakfast I always have one piece of toast with either a whole banana mashed up or else a cream cheese triangle. I usually then have one other proper meal. Tonight I had a large serving spoon of mashed potato and another ladle of chicken and mushroom stew but I think it was too much, I am stuffed. My portions aren't tiny any more. They are smaller than my friends eat but bigger than a child's portion. I haven't lost any weight in a while but I wouldn't expect to, seeing the volume of food I can eat.

Back