• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The three musketeers - final push to a healthy weight

Hi everyone, Bee i could defo eat a jkt potato and beans easily, last night for dinner i had a large jkt with butter and a chicken breast in garlic! I think my meal sizes are similar to Gill's not as big as an adults but bigger than a childs. It does depend on the day and the sort of food im eating though!

How are we all?

Ive had a pretty good couple of days food wise.

yesterday
Special K
Fresh Pineapple
Prawns and Salad
Small packet of peanuts (had these as had to rush out to an evening meet before having a chance for any tea)
Small glass wine
2 ryvita with laughing cow cheese triangle

Today
special K
Loads of grapes
Prawns and salad
about 6 dorito's
1/2 a ready meal M&S ham and mushroom tagliatelle

Here I am newly trying to be more positive ....almost suceeding

Food:
2 small boiled eggs and nimble
Protein shake
Jacobs nut/seed bar
'Count on us' fish pie and blueberries and yoghurt
Protein shake
Chicken breast and carribean salad
Raspberries and yoghurt
Mandarin mullerlite

M

Been both good and bad recently. Today I've had:
B toast and banana
L 2 (TWO????) scotch rolls with chicken tikka filling
D 1 pork chop, new potatoes and sweetcorn
snack: slice of lemon cheesecake (In fact I drove to the supermarket after seeing an episode of Friends where they find a cheesecake, really fancied one after that) but one slice is more than enough for me. I'd forgotten how sickly they can be.

Big workout at the gym today, still shaking after my 1 and a 1/2 hour session. Now if only I could lose my sweet tooth.

Well another reasonable day of you don't count the wine gums.

Almost as yesterday minus the nuts and seeds bar and add in 200g of wine gums which interestingly were 650 cals and which didn't put me above 1700 cals so not too bad.

Getting there I thnk you describe this type of day

Tomorrow - who knows??

M

Mmmm... wine gums. I only like the red and black ones though!

A good day for me too.
Breakfast - special K
Lunch - small jacket potato with beans and sprinkling of cheese
Dinner - Chicken Salad.
Supper - handful of doritos

Good day today:
B toast and nana
L roll with tikka chicken
D 2 forkfulls of pork with noodles and sweetcorn, got stuck so didn't go down well at all
snacks: three large Desarranos (Man, I love that drink)

Funny thing: at Chorus tonight quite a few people said "Don't lose any more weight will you?" I feel totally normal, and don't think I look too thin but I feel toned (after quite a lot of hard work at the gym). My son says I look fine and some clothes are still too tight so I don't personally feel too thin. It's just that I am no longer the fat girl in the chorus. At 11st 4lbs I think I'm just about totally perfect in so many ways! (too many Desarranos I think).

Hi everyone hope your all well, i've been eating quite healthy this week and had quite abit of restriction which can only be a good thing!! weighed myself and have lost another 2lb so now down to 11stone 9lb. Had a wonderful surprise this week as i put a top on which is fairly tight on the arms and it felt looser so thought i'd check my measurements, to my delight i'd lost a whole inch from my bingo wings! I was sooooooo happy(as there awful)! I did find it strange though as before my op they measured 19 inches i lost 2 inches off of them fairly quickley making them 17 inches and they've stayed the same(1 year) until this month.....maybe there is hope!!!!

Go you down into the 11stones ...I wish

Yesterday was a write off but today my restriction is mega who can predict each day. Back later with an update

M

Good Morning Musketeers.

I havent posted in here for a few days, and my food has been rubbish to be honest. Ive eaten out twice this week, Pizza hut after the cinema with Zoe on Tuesday (2 slices of a small Pizza) and last night went to the Chinese Buffet (2 small plates of food and a slice of cheesecake) Ive also spent the week picking at rubbish like crisps and biscuits. In fact I havent had a single good food day since Monday.

Scales still well and truly stuck, but cant really expect any different after this weeks intake.

So back to it today. Hoping that I can stick to my 3 meals and a couple of healthy fruit snacks.

How are the rest of you getting on?

Musketeers at the ready!!!

Sam, so sorry to hear about your Auntie but she's not suffering any more and has gone to a better place.

I've not been posting because I am just getting used to maybe, perhaps being at my goal. After being told by so many people, 'you're not going to lose any more are you', I took a long, hard look at myself (not a pretty sight). I think that I might be at my goal size now, even though I'm not at my goal weight. I reckon that all those times I said that I've got heavy bones might have been true.

Just one stubborn sticking point. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 11 stone 0 pounds, but I slide between that and 11st 3lbs. I would soooooooo like to be 10 stone something.

I still go to the gym 2-3 times a week so my loose skin isn't too bad and there IS muscle underneath the crepiness. I got my new uniform yesterday and I think that will be the final uniform change for me. It's a tight size 12 but washing will loosen it up a bit.

M, I am so excited for you as you await your plastics. What a huge change has happened in your life!!! I can't wait to see pictures once it's all happened.

I'm the same as you Sam my diets awful! Thought the summer would be better than the winter but im finding it worse! Restriction is still good but am now finding myself snacking about an hour later, i MUST stop doing this!!! Onwards and upwards!!!!

Hello ladies

Gilla, I think if my BMI were healthy like yours I'd be happy to stop. I know this journey is so individual and we all have different goals etc, but its so hard to keep up the momentum as we reach something resembling normal. I think like you though if I was hovering around 11 stone I would want to go just that teeny bit further to see 10 st something on the scales. If its meant to be, it will be.

Lisa, sorry to hear you are struggling to, but in a way Im glad its not just me struggling. To be fair I've had a really good food day so far and done lots of walking, but the day aint over yet. I seem to keep sabotaging my efforts. Your BMI is similar to mine and I dont know if its the same for you, but although Im medically overweight, I feel fab and normal and all those things and I think my head thinks Im done. Do you intend to go down the plastics route? I do, and Im sure that will see some weight off me, but dont know if it will be enough to get me to healthy weight.

There done it I had disconnested myself from the 6 months when I joined the 1st surgiversary and that was whay I couldn't ppst, silly me. I'm reconnected now.

Food has been OK not great just OK and like everyone else still its a struggle, today more then usual. Posted about that on my diary so won't go on. Just keep on trying.

Gill you're fine where you are fine at 10st something whatever makes you feel content. I'll be cartwheeing round the village if I see 10 anything

M

Hello ladies,

I have been low carbing since Sunday and have lost 3lb! Ive finally dropped below the 12 1/2 barrier which has been taunting me for so long.

Im really glad Ive done this as so many bad habits had crept in with biscuits, crisps and the like and I havent found it too difficult. I have the day at home today though and always find it harder to be "good" when Im not busy.

Just got to try and keep it up now.

Well Done Sam!!!!!! I'm so so so so pleased for you! Keep up the good work! I agree with you at the mo i'm so pleased with the way i look and feel so normal that i am eating like a normal person and NOT putting on weight for the first time in my life so feel that contentment has slipped into my daily routine! I dont think that i will go down the plastic route as my loose skin luckily isnt that bad(i dont think) and im also abit of a woose!! I think i will just plod along at the moment while my daughter is on summer hols and give my weight another push in a month when shes back at school and there are no tempting ice-creams around!!

Well now, here's a weird thing. One of the women at my singing group has recently lost 3 stone, which is fantastic. She said to me tonight, don't lose any more weight you are looking positively skinny. So, we're both 5 foot 6 inches and she weighs 10 stone 6 pounds and I weigh around 11 stone. So why does she think that I'm skinnier than her? Why does she think that she's OK and that I'm too thin? She looks bigger than me around the bum department, not that I care, but I just thought it peculiar. Answers on a postcard please.

Hi Gilla

It could be that you are more toned than she is, ie have more muscle and less fat, making you heavier but smaller than her.

I am also getting comments about not losing any more, and my neck and shoulders and face do look very slim now, but with all the exercise I do I'm wondering if I'm carrying more muscle than the average person as I'm still 12st 6.

If this is the case though, then its a good thing as more muscle = faster metabolism and less chance of regain.

Or do you think she could be jealous?

Hi everyone! Well i've been plodding along through the school holidays 3wks down 3 to go!!! Lost 1 lb this week which is great news when you get to my stage! Im really going to go for it when Shannon goes back to school as my eating really hasnt been good! May even do the 5 day pouch test! I've got another lb to lose and then i will have lost a total of 150lbs!

Back