• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The three musketeers - final push to a healthy weight

Hi all todays going well my menu for today is as follows

Brekkie- alpen with semi-skimmed milk

Lunch- carrot, cheese and spring onion

Dinner- lasagna and salad

nas juice, x2 skinny latte and a delmonte orange ice lollie

Hope everyones had a good day, i'm going to try and have a protein shake every morning next week!

Well done Lisa and M, sounds like a good day for you both. My day has been challengine, started off with a difference of opinion with my youngest son which made me crave something, anything to take the edge off my bad mood. I bought an Alpen bar and some Nobby's nuts which I thought was the lesser evil option (could have been sweeties or bikkies). There was big fat chocolate cake at work today as one of the girls was going on maternity leave. I had half of a small piece but I could have done without it, I just had it to join in really.

So today, I have been mostly eating.
Breakfast : 1 x bread with cream cheese
snack: 1 x bread with cream cheese
lunch : 1 cannelloni with spinach and cheese sauce
dinner : nothing yet, too tired to make anything, I'll see if there's anything in the freezer.

Oh, Brucie bonus today, I won a bottle of champagne at work and a M&S voucher (only £5 but it'll buy me some knickers). Then we put names in a hat to see who could leave half an hour early, and it was me, yay!

well done ladies. Not going to talk about my food today! Other than to say it included Samosa's at work from the lady who is going on maternity leave today, and a meal at TGI Fridays, although I hardly managed to eat any of it. Off for an early night in a minute. Am knackered!

Just to set yesterdays record straight the day went from good to worst:( As I work in general practice the last thing I like doing is to go to the GPs for me but he refused my repeat meds without a visit so I thought right sunshine here I come. Went in got sorted and gave him a right medical workout his hands were flying on that keyboard I can tell you. However he had received a letter from the consultant re my arthritis etc that had recommended a change of meds, fine add that to the script then and I'll be off. Well M got the meds got home, took it and bingo sick all evening. Thats justice on me for being an arsey cow with the doc when I of all peeps should know better. Tiny tum still red raw so today will be interesting as it has just refused any thought of breakfast which always happens at the weekend.

Well done everyone else for keeping the faith in the path of temptation

Back laters tum allowing

M

I'm off to bbq later lots of very naughty temptations! Oh well theres always tomorrow!!!!

oh poor M. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy today.

Lisa, enjoy the bbq. Hope the weather is better where you are than it is here. Its a little chilly here this morning. Perfect running weather though!

I'm away for the weekend staying with my sister. This means not 1 little nibble as I am under close scrutiny all the time. If I haven't lost a pound or 2 by Monday I'll eat my hat... preferably not a pork pie hat...:D:eek: xx

guffaw, guffaw! John, you are a wit!

Good luck today Sam, hope it stays nice and cool with no rain.:bestwishes:

Poor M! It's karma, me dear. Hope your little tum settles down a bit, and I bet you lose some weight.

Lisa, I love barbeques and it's so fantastic that I am now able to eat meat. For the first four to five months I couldn't eat meat at all and the first time I ate a steak (kiddies one from Harvester) I nearly cried with happiness. Have a great, protein filled day.

I've got a friend coming down from London and staying overnight. She hasn't seen me since my op so I wonder what her reaction will be? Yesterday ended a bit worse than it started off. I had a shortbread biscuit and another sandwich as I was starving but tooooooo tired after work to cook anything. I'll go shopping today and stock up on food for next week. It's when I've nothing good to eat that I end up snacking.

good luck everyone, am looking for a bit of inspiration as I've stalled in the last couple of weeks so it's great to see you doing this.

Good luck Sam in your race for life this weekend.

Last edited:
Up bright and early today and taking that as a penance for yesterday - didn't sleep the sleep of the just as didn't have a clear conscience by any means. Yesterday went badly after the no breakfast tum settled down and lunch was good prawn fishcakes not bad for 145 calories each and with a salad just over 300 for the meal. BUT its Saturday and old bad habits called OH at cricket, M settling down to her secret pleasure the Neighbours omnibus and finds nice glass of brandy in her hand which needless to say was joined by some nuts and wine gums. Had home made chilli for tea and toast and NAS jam for supper so not too bad. However I have tipped the remaining brandy (almost a full bottle ouch!!!) down the sink and the wine gums into the bin. Will try much harder today and try to have a plan and no brandy in place for next Saturday. OH is out again today but I'm at Pas so that will keep me OK this morning.

Anyhoo weighed in andhave lost 1lb this week so on target for the op but could have been better

Sam: thinking of you today I know you will do it and everyone else good luck for staying on track and do not follow my example

M

I'm up bright and early too M! I always wake very early when I'm hungover. Sorry everyone, I had a bottle of wine last night. I promise to do better, I promise to do better, I promise to do better.

Well done on the pound weight loss, "slowly, slowly catchee monkey". I may have also lost a pound but I'll wait until it stays off for a couple of days before I put it down in writing. These little losses tend to move in and out before they decide if they're here to stay.

So yesterday, I was mostly eating:
Breakfast 1 x toast with mashed banana (I love this. I could, and do, have it every day)
Lunch 1/2 chicken sandwich
snack 1 x cappuccino and little bikkie
Dinner : lasagne and salad, strawberries and natural yoghurt (yuck!! gawd, that natural yoghurt is some kind of disgusting)
drink : 1 bottle wine (hic!)

Have a good day and keep the faith, everyone!

Hello ladies,

After eating like a gannet on Friday, pouchy has been firmly in charge over the weekend and Ive hardly managed anything. Even struggled with soup today.

Ive been feeling really light headed today as well... much moreso than usual as I have suffered with feeling faint every time I stand up for months now. I really have come close to falling over a few times. I'm wondering if I am coming down with something.

Scales have moved downwards by just a 1lb this week, which doesnt seem much considering how good Ive been and with doing race for life yesterday, but I'll take it and it puts me in the 12 stones for the first time in about 15 years!

Hi all, well bbq went well didnt stuff too much had mainly couscous and chicken but did have a small slice of cheesecake! Woke up this morning weighed myself and HOORAY i lost 3lb this week which hopefully is the end of my 5wk stall and to top it off i'm 11 stone 13lb so finally out of the 12's, i cannot even remember the last time i weighed this!!!!!!

Brekkie- skinny latte

Lunch- nando's chicken, afew chips and coleslaw

Dinner-carrot, cheese, spring onions and sultanas

Snacks- skinny latte and an ice lolly

Well done Lisa, that's brilliant. I think that passing through the stone barrier is such a great feeling and the end of a stall is definitely to be celebrated.

Yesterday was a stressful day in the end, too much to do but too tired to keep up with it, which is probably why I'm online at 0400, can't sleep. But I was good, if I'd had my own way I'd have eaten a huge amount of cake but I didn't.

Yesterday I have mostly been eating:
Breakfast : 1 x toast and mashed banana
snack before work : 1 x toast with grilled cheese
lunch : 400gms cottage cheese
dinner : 1 x toast with grilled cheese
drinks : nowhere near enough

Actually, looking at it, it was a rubbish day for food, nothing of any substance all day. I just added the calories for the day and it was over 1400, mainly because of the bread which is 145 per slice (extra thick).

I'm on nights tonight which is usually bad eating-wise because I won't sleep during the day today but won't get to bed until 0900 Tuesday morning and it gives me too much time in which to eat. So I'm going to cut myself some slack and eat proper food and try to keep away from the bread, but it's such a quick fix!

Sorry for the long post, but I just weighed myself and not only has that one pound loss disappeared, I've gained an extra two! Bugger!

Congratulations Sam and Lisa on the weight off. Gill it will come off once you can get control back it must be hell adjusting to nights. Trying not to have so much bread which is quick and simple not to mention yummy is a good thing hope you manage it.

Me: better day only succumbed to some wine gums and 1/3rd tube of pringles other than that

Protein shake with 1 litre water
Chicken with home made potato salad and green salad
Tried to have chicken salad for tea ate 1/2 tum rejected rest
Natural yoghurt 200g with lemon juice and splenda and punnet raspberries with home made strawberry puree (found it in the freezer left from my bypass and never eaten)
1/2 tub pringles and wine gums (Smack M)

Not too bad considering it was visit an elderly relative day but he was in top form so no probs.

Hoping today is better

M

Im always so impressed by your healthy meals and your protein intake M, and your signature is looking great! Perfectly on target I would say to reach your goal.

Here's to a good week for all of us.

You'll be glad to hear (I hope ;-)), that hats are off my diet this week. I managed to lose a couple of lbs this week, this puts me at a new "personal best". Could be down to skipping my evening meal on several occasions due to pressure of work/play, but hey, who cares how it happened. xx

Oh well done John 2lbs gratefully received never mind how!!

Sam: Here's a not so good day and another smack for M

Protein shake with 1/2pt skimmed milk made up to 1 litre with water
Visit to cinema ......ate box of 6 healthy living bars over 3 hours (420 cals ouch)
Strawberries with natural yoghurt, 1/2 pack extra lite philly cheese, lemon juice and splenda
Jersey Royals, small chicken breast, lite spread

I'm full to bursting but actually apart from those blasted bars its not too bad. Off to London for a conference tomorrow at silly o'clock and not back too early so at the mercy of others feeding me but way I feel now I may never need to eat again. I'm going to try to get away at the afternoon teabreak but not sure of there is a final qustion and answer session if there is there's no escaping before time.

Good luck everyone

M

Back