• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The three musketeers - final push to a healthy weight

Well done our Glenville! That's the first mover for a while, isn't it?

I'm really failing at the moment. The news from Afghanistan is so bad that I'm really, really down. For those who don't know, my son is with 40 Cdo who lost another brave son on Sunday. I knew of him, and was so hoping that he'd pull through, I've been in tears all day. All I've had is a very large bag of pistachio nuts so now I've got terrible wind, tummy ache and feel crap. Food was always my crutch in times of need and now I can't go there without feeling worse. Thank goodness they've cancelled my night shift, I'd be useless. Roll on bed-time.

Well done our Glenville! That's the first mover for a while, isn't it?

I'm really failing at the moment. The news from Afghanistan is so bad that I'm really, really down. For those who don't know, my son is with 40 Cdo who lost another brave son on Sunday. I knew of him, and was so hoping that he'd pull through, I've been in tears all day. All I've had is a very large bag of pistachio nuts so now I've got terrible wind, tummy ache and feel crap. Food was always my crutch in times of need and now I can't go there without feeling worse. Thank goodness they've cancelled my night shift, I'd be useless. Roll on bed-time.

Aw poor you Gill the whole situation is just soooo sad. xxx

Hi all, M your day would have been fine except for those blasted cereal bars!!!!

Brekkie- skinny latte

Lunch- skinny latte

Dinner- cod and salad

Weird day today woke up and felt really hungry but i so love my latte first thing so thought id drink first then have brekkie a little later, then i never felt hungry at all then lunch came and went so had another coffee instead normall when i dont eat much during the day i can eat quite a big dinner but tonight for some reason i really struggled with my dinner, fish does normally fill me up more than most foods but today i was full really quick just wondering if it was to do with me drinking more than i usually do throughout the day, who knows! Hope everyone else is going well xxx

hope you dont mind me chipping in.

i have gone up by about 4lbs recently, and i would love to shift it and get back to my 11 stone, and maybe a little less... so here is what i ate today:

muller corner and a pear
small amount of left over chicken, onion and peppers, grated cheese and 1 new spud (from fajitas the night before)
muller corner ad blueberries
1/2 an apple and a nectarine
muller corner
mini rump steak and salad with 1 new spud.
2x tbls marshmallow fluff (only 40cal!)

3x milky coffee
3x pint of water

not that bad, prolly around 1350 cals.. I was told i should be aiming for around 1500-1800 by my hospitals dietician and 2600 by my mental health dietician...

well i have been eating probably near 2000 most days up untill this last weeked, as all i seem to do it go up and down by the same few lbs, so im going to try my hardest, cos things like sweets, choc and other high fat stuff had sneaked its way back into my day to day diet. quite proud that i have cut most of it out.

i dont normally eat 3 yogurts... i just seem to be very hungry, meh :(

x

Last edited:
Welcome Bee! Nice to see you here, the more people and input the better. Great to see and hear from someone a year out theres not many of us!

thank yoooooou! :D

.x.

Great to add another musketeer the more the merrier

Sadly that also applies to my food for today. Up at 5 on train at 6am and god knows what rubbish popped down my throat. Oh well fresh start tomorrow

M

Been a bit better today, although still stressed.

Breakfast - small bowl baked beans with tinned sausage
Lunch - 1 piece bread, 2 pieces grilled bacon
Dinner - 300g lasagne, spinach and tomato
snack - strawberry laces

Went to the gym for an hour again, that's two days on the trot. Weighed myself this morning, I've gained 4 pounds however my ankles, feet and hands feel a bit swollen so I'm hoping it's water retention.

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Good day today!

Brekkie/lunch-grated cheese, grated carrot, spring onions, sultanas and salad cream

dinner-half a fish pie and baked beans

Snacks- glass of pepsi max and a x2 skinny lattes

today was awful!
i ate everything in sight *sigh*

ach well, try again tomorrow... and i see the dietician on thurs, gulp!

.x.

Today is going to be a good day. I've just posted how anxious I am on my diary which is affecting what I do so be prepared today I am getting into the zone which might involve multiple postings in this thread to keep me on track.

M

You post away M. Whatever it takes to get you through the day and on plan is to be encouraged.

I realise I havent posted my intake for a couple of days, but I have been really good. Had an egg custard on Monday whilst stuck indoors waiting for the boiler to be fitted, but otherwise I have been good as gold - 3 healthy meals with fruit when needed for snacks. So why have I gained 2 bloody pounds and gone back into the 13's. I could cry. It seems the harder I try to be "good" the more my weight refuses to go down.

Sam, i have found that since i've got lighter if i get on the scales and it says i've lost that i now have to wait afew days to confirm it as on a number of occasions it's gone back up. Before my recent stall i went from 12.5 to 12.2 then i went back up to 12.4 three days later and remained at 12.4 for the next 5wks!! It really is disheartening especialy as we've been used to a steady weightloss for quite awhile i just remind myself of how i was this time last year and it gets me through and now i'm 11.13 CONFIRMED!!!!!!

Well, I'm with the pair of you. I got down to 11st 6lbs fleetingly, for a day. But now I've gone back up to 11st 9lbs. So I've changed my ticker and my details to show this new weight (that I haven't been for a couple of weeks, I was showing 11st 7lbs for a fortnight). I'm taking my new weight as 11st 9lbs so that if I do have any little losses it will hopefully inspire me. I'm still going to the gym though so that's one good thing. Good luck today everyone. We've got so little to lose, to get to a real target, why on earth is it more difficult. Am I scared to get to goal, and sabotaging myself? I know I look OK now but something is stopping me reaching for that final goal. I'm sick .......... SICK I tell you!

im with you M, im going to be posting like mad to keep me away from the constant nomming.

I feel like such a liar with my target badge... i reached it, and go up and down to it... maybe i should take it off as im 5 lbs off my target today :(

.x.

Well, I'm with the pair of you. I got down to 11st 6lbs fleetingly, for a day. But now I've gone back up to 11st 9lbs. So I've changed my ticker and my details to show this new weight (that I haven't been for a couple of weeks, I was showing 11st 7lbs for a fortnight). I'm taking my new weight as 11st 9lbs so that if I do have any little losses it will hopefully inspire me. I'm still going to the gym though so that's one good thing. Good luck today everyone. We've got so little to lose, to get to a real target, why on earth is it more difficult. Am I scared to get to goal, and sabotaging myself? I know I look OK now but something is stopping me reaching for that final goal. I'm sick .......... SICK I tell you!

Don't beat yourself up about it sweetie. Most of us have these periods of up and down on the scales, especially when as close to target as you are. You have been very brave and honest about your fluctuations, I wish I could have been. I am extremely reluctant to admit putting the odd pound or 3 back on my stats. I know - and suspect you do too, that because you have reached that weight there is no reason why you shouldn't get back down to it when things equal themselves out.

You've had a particularly traumatic time and it is only natural that these should have knock-on effects in all aspects. Try and keep the faith. If you don't I may have to send the boys round... :D

xxx

Send everyone and their best friends round to mine John my resolve is getting low, I feel teary and like Gill and Bee fed up with myself. However its 2:30 and as yet haven't weakened but have had 2 rows with the PCT and slammed a phone down which I haven't done in years since I grew up ...ooh well whatever it takes!!!!!

M

well I have just had my breakfast/lunch all rolled into one... tut

I had:
coffee x3 (90 cals)

Salad with pork and 13g of cheese. (230cals)
home made banana and blueberry breakfast muffin (smallest of the batch, only about 202 cals)

So i should have had that as 2 seperate meals, but im rubbish and didnt boo..

another coffee (30cals)
another muffin, tut tut... well atleast they are low in cals and fat (202cals)

Last edited:
your going good m!

why the rows?
dont let them beat you!

.x.

having a fairly good day so far. Thanks for your wise words ladies about the scales. I was so excited to be in the 12's and cant believe ive slipped upwards again. Its made my resolve to get the job done even stronger.

So far have had a little portion of special K, some grapes, and half a cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread.

Back