• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tip for weight loss stallers!!!! photo now included!!!

How fanatastic, sounds like you are really getting the most out of dating. It is wonderful that you are making friends as well, that is valuable in itself. It gives you the opportunity to bounce ideas off your new friends and also gives you the ability to have male social time without the pressure of dating. GOOD FOR YOU! I am hoping that you find that special someone but to be honest, I am hoping that it takes a little time because what you are experiencing right now is an exciting part, the anticipation 'will this be the one, will there be magic' and well, it is really one of the best parts of dating around and meeting new, interesting people.

Nic;)

You go Girl!!!!
Gosh I'm enjoying this thread. :love047::love047::love047:

Should we buy a hat???
I'd love to have the confidence to get back on the dating scene. Hmmm, maybe next year.

hugs
Sandra

The confidence you have is amazing! Im tempted to say ive never met a woman like you.......... ok will say it! You beamed all around the birdcage the other night, you seemed genuinely happy and looked like you were having such a great time, it was great to see :)

Im sure within time you will find Mr Right hun, and whoever he is, he will be a proper lucky bloke!

:happy036: you go girl, i wish i had your new found confidence and that i was single too of course :rotflmao:, sounds like you're having a ball, i love catching up on your dating exploits :)

Ah thanks everyone.

Oh well the teacher was lovely but wasn't my cup of tea too emmm skinny. lol

Went out for lunch with Mr Shy and he was honest enough to tell me he didnt want a relationship but i could be his s..........buddy!!!!!:eek: hence to say he got told a truthful answer of NO.

Have been emailing /msn 3 other guys one of them a photographer but i have thrown him by the wayside after he kept on asking me to send him pictures of my feet!!!!!!

Another on his profile sounded very concited and arrogant but as they say dont judge a book he seems really nice. He's an engineer and also into property development. He has 3 grown up children and a grandchild. we are meeting for coffee on monday as he has a weeks holiday and im working so cant meet in the evening.

And finally the other one is again really good looking fantastic eyes and smile and is an enviromental health officer. were still just emailing each other at the mo. He has a 9 yrs old that he has every other weekend but will see how my date goes on monday befor taking the next step with him.

My god im sounding like a serial dater.

I have an appointment with the endocrainologist on sat and im going to discuss my skin with him as i feel for me it really could make or break any chance of a potential relationship. I dont like what i see so how can i possiable expect anyone else too.

oh well off to cathupski with everyone elses posts
have a good day

carole

I love reading this thread! :D Good luck for Saturday Carole.

Cuppa xx

God im knackered just reading about it all......
what coffee shop do you goto im gonna buy shares xxx :D

Had a phone call earlier off mr prison officer to see if i was free for a coffee. Met him in costa coffee in tesco and he had the most amaising boquet of flowers for me when i asked him what they were for he just said for being you and being upfront and honest and also making me realise that there are more important things in life.
He and his ex have decided to go to relate to see if they can sort out whats gone wrong between them. I had said to him the other day that 23 yrs is a long time to just walk away especially when you cant identify whats gone wrong and they just feel like they have fallen out of love. I had told him that he needed to discover who he was before he started looking at seeing anyone else whatever it was for.

I was really touched and even more so when he told me his wife was in the shop doing the shopping. He had told her all about his antics and about meeting me.

So a man has bought me flowers for the first time in donkeys years and im sooo pleased for him as he really is a nice guy and she is one lucky woman. God his arse still looked good lol

:)What a fab story:)

Carole you need to find out how much relate counsellors are paid-I reckon you are owed a few bob as well as the flowers - lol

......and as for that "shy" teacher!!!! - cheeky sod - his arse wasn't nearly cute enough-lol

Good luck at your appoint Sat am - ask for the "works"- I hope to make it to the Lowery Sat afters

Juliex

Well met up with mr arrogant and conceited today after talking to him lots on msn and the phone. Like i say dont judge a book. He really makes me laugh. Hes 50 in january but really doesnt look his age hes mixed race and i was showing a friend his picture and she thought he looked egyption, He is portugues and aisian but has the strongest mancunian accent i have ever heard but is very good looking. lol

We met for coffee and and i decided that i really needed to tell him about my surgery as he has made reference to my figure several times in conversation both on msn and when talking to him. He didnt bat an eye lid to it just asked me all the normal intrest/how does it effect you now questions but the main one being why i decided that enough was enough and to take such a radical step.

I then dragged him around the trafford centre as i needed to get some christmas pressies, then he took me to nandos for lunch. Talk about sweet he looked at the menu and said should i just get a platter then you can just pick what you want. we ended up with chicken chips and salad he doesnt do salad so it was perfect lol. He had even taken on bored that i didnt do fizzy drinks so got me a water.

We seem to of really clicked. hes booked this week off work to get some jobs done on his house but has arranged to see me again on wednesday morning. If the weather is good were taking our dogs for a walk up rivington and then going to the barn for lunch and if the weather is bad were going to the museum and then for lunch.

We talked about anything and everything but one of the biggest thing for both of us was to retain our independance. i certainly dont want someone moving in full time. Having been by myself for 20yrs i do enjoy my own company. Its 3 yrs since his last long term relationship and again he quite likes his own space. Hes very tactile which i am but i felt very comfortable with him. lol.We even talked about my issues with my loose skin :eek: and again he said all the right things that certainly makes me think he isnt just looking for a quick fling.

For his birthday in january hes off to New York for 5 days, he text me before to see how much notice i needed to give at work to get the time off if things panned out between us.Although he thinks "things are going fine and dandy"

Like i say never judge a book by its cover it just may be hiding a jem!!! He had even taken his photo off his profile this morning after telling me to save it before he did.

Saying that its very very very early days but im optimistic. lol

sounds like you had a fab time he sounds really cool hope it all goes ok hun :)

How wonderful, really happy you have found an interesting one. I hope you two have lots of fun! Keep us updated, need to know all the details, lol!

This is great news, Carole! I hope you enjoy each other.

Lx

Coffee,lunch,shopping,museums,dog walking &......

:)New York:)

Go Carole!!!!

good luck for today hun, hope it all goes well, dating sites do work as i met my husband through one 6 years ago. hes the best thing that ever happened to me .. had to kiss a few (well a lot )of frogs before i found my prince ... and third time lucky does work as this is my third marriage ..lol

Just reading through your dates, I think that you are really brave, I tried the dating scene before I met hubby 12 years ago and I hated it, I know that a lot of people enjoy that "will he/she be the one" feeling and the whole excitement of a first date but for me nothing else was more terrifying and I hated the whole dating scene.
I hated it so much that the year I got with hubby I gave up, my new years resolution that year was to not look for a partner and just spend the year being me and having fun with friends and discovering who I really am. That lasted until March!!! lol I knew hubby from work but we just suddenly clicked and went from there.
If something happened with hubby and I become single again then I would stay single because he is it for me and the 'scene' is just too terrifying for me, hence me calling you brave, going out there and taking chances is so brave.
I truly hope that you find your soul mate and dont have to kiss too many frogs before you find your prince.
Steph xx

All sounds good Carole! Your having fun and thats the main thing, long may it continue.

Back