• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

To EVERYONE WHO'S HAVING AN OPERATION SOON xxxxxxx

emma-louise

my new life!!
Wanted to write this to everyone who's having an operation to lose weight...

You must be nervous and very worried as your entering the unknown..
And me or no-one will be able to competely help with your fears.
Its something me and everyone else has to go through,the best thing you can do for yourself is to be organised for after the operation.
Do all your research and get all the tips you can from people who have gone through surgery on this site.
And take one day at a time,rest and dont expect too much from yourself.

We all get their in the end..I for one never expected my life to be so good!
For years I have battled with my weight,and when I made the decision to have surgery back in sept,the few I told was very against it.
They thought I was choosing to do something very drastic,and would regret it later on.
Well I dont,its the best decision I have ever made for myself.
I would live day to day hiding how i felt,struggling with my health and not being able to enjoy things with my children just because my body wouldnt allow me.
And feeling like the only overweight person in the world.
I now think back and realise I wasted all those precious years.
So now I am making up for it!
I feel like ive been reborn...I hope that doesnt sound cheesy,but its really how I feel at the minute!
All the simple things in life like walking,bathing,bending,are so much better.

I will be honest,and say Ive had times where things have been tough,I had bad sickness at the beginning and was on meds,getting food stuck because its hard to break a habit of a life time and remember your new way of having to eat.
And Im naughty as I dont drink enough..but I have a lovely caring partner and he reminds me..you cant eat like you used too!
So I tend to take something to read at mealtimes,and I read a little,eat,read a little..lol(a little tip)
and Im loosing some of my hair,but its a small price to pay for my body to transform.

I posted earlier that Im now fitting into a size 16 jean and Im 14 top I was a size 26.
Now I can go anywhere to shop for my clothes,the charity shops have been a god-send while Im shrinking!
I can fit into designer tops..wowza!
That I would have never thought would happen,as they are styled small!

So for all you people who are having surgery in the coming days/weeks/months...good luck,
Hope I havent come across all cheesy and soppy,but I wanted to share with anyone who's been feeling very nervous and having any doubts about your operation
and if your feeling like me at the minute...
YOU'LL BE FEELING ON TOP OF THE WORLD!

Excellent Em and it's a nerve wracking time, the waiting is certainly the worst.

I thought it would never come around, then I thought I'd never survive the op with my other health problems and then 9 weeks later, I can't tell I've had an operation done... just the 2 and half stones post op that makes me remember, I've had a Bypass ~ it's amazing.

Thinking of everyone and anyone having wls... with love xxx

hi bev,

it certainly is a nervous time,
i just felt I wanted to write this to everyone who uses the site and is looking for a bit of support x

I know love and I remember your experience every day for those early months!

Just look at you now though precious, you've done brilliantly!

Keep smiling and spreading your wonderful sparkle xxx

Thank you too... always good to hear from you too Kev xxx

Well we took our time learning all about the Gastric Bypass before we had the surgery and it's certainly been a great operation for us... the slow learning and constant researching certainly does help I think Em., I wouldn't rush into any of the surgeries without a great deal of questioning, investigation and discussion with my Surgeon... glad to see you doing so brilliantly too!

Love and hugs xxx

What a lovely thread Emma xxx

It's a lovely thread and nice to think of everyone as always... typically you... Em.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Not at all love, share the love that's what people need when they are pending or through surgery... and why not... we don't live within a box Angel... so spread your lovely wings xxx

Thanks for this thread Emma..its lovely to read and reply to positive threads and this one is just up my street..thank you.xxxx

Thanks for posting such a nice threat Emma. Its very supportive. Being here and learning sooo much about the surgery makes everyone very comfortable as they knows what to expect after surgery and the little tips from friends makes it easier.

I love this forum as i know that there are so many people here to help me if i need.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back